Saturday, July 25, 2015

Inspiration: Mike Columbo = Gordon Scott?

Sean at Inner Jobber just posted about Mike Columbo. The post reminded me of a post I did for Bard. It was the second of two posts I did called Lusts of My Life. In the post, I compared two of my favorite guys - Mike Columbo and Gordon Scott, saying how similar I find them. Below is the blog post, obviously continuing my first one.

Original Post from 2013:

So I know I wrote that my lusts are usually low profile, but that's not the case for this one. Mike Columbo. I mean, he is one of BGE's big stars and has been in tons of videos. However, the reason I like him may be unique. Tarzan. Yes, Tarzan is why he was one of the first guys I gravitated to.

Now, I admit that if I were casting a Tarzan, Mike Columbo wouldn't be my first choice. So how does my brain relate the two? Here's my explanation:





My favorite Tarzan is Gordon Scott. Mike Columbo taps directly into my lust for him. Big chest. Narrow waist. Big muscles. Haircut. Face. Scott isn't a classic, long-haired Tarzan, but when I saw his movies on TV, I was quite young and wowed. In fact, he might be the first ever lust of my life. So Mike Columbo drafted off Scott. The fact that his matches consistently delivered made him an immediate must-buy for many, many years.






So do you see the resemblance or am I crazy? Post your thoughts in the comments!

Alex

3 comments:

  1. I see it! That one of the unconscious Mike demonstrates a nice Tarzan-in-trouble-before-the-eventual-victory Tarzan, up against their strongest champion. Probably after Tarzan-Mike turns things around, they'll team up to face an adversary bigger than either one of them.

    ReplyDelete
  2. P.S. I think Columbo works because he seems so...CLEAN. And so many things from the '40s and '50s were all so clean, EVEN a jungle man like Tarzan, who let's face it, WOULD a jungle man have access to things like Brylcreem? Don't get me wrong, I'm not complaining--all that works, in a weird retro way, which is why Columbo fits in so well. For a more modern, grittier jungle Tarzan, I guess someone like Tyler Reks, with the dreadlocks and the body hair. (I was so excited to learn that Kellan Lutz was going to play Tarzan, only to find out it's in a computer-animated movie. D'oh!)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's a great description of him ... clean. He would fit the 50's era muscleman profile really well.

      I'm not sure how realistic I ever want my Tarzan. I think they tried that with Christopher Lambert, making Tarzan lean, wiry, matted hair and dirty. I don't think I ever made it all the way through that movie.

      I prefer my Tarzan as a big, strong, protein-eating muscle god. Now, I'd accept a stud like Tyler Reks as a compromise, assuming he was a regular bather in the crystal clear waters of an imaginary African river.

      Delete