Tuesday, October 11, 2016

Review: Chet Chastain vs. Zach Reno (Wrestler4Hire)

Full disclosure: Access to this match was provided to me by Wrestler4Hire.

A couple of days ago, I said that Chet doesn't really fit my definition of a babyface. Well, here he gets a lot closer, on appearance anyway. He's got the cocky swagger, but he looks younger and cuter with no goatee and a little more meat on his bones. So the young pro wrestler looks every bit a babyface against the shaggy Zach Reno.

It's a heated pro battle

This back-and-forth match is great. The guys put on a show, with big pro moves, smooth combinations and hot submission holds. It's got a great energy and flow to it, something that is often missing from underground wrestling. There's also a nice physical contrast between the two studs, adding a cool dimension to the match.

Okay, that's not a babyface move, but I'm talking looks

Zach adds a hair pull on the young stud

Chet is confident with a camel clutch

This is the first time I've seen this version of Chet anywhere. As I said, he looks much more like a fresh-faced rookie here. He's made even hotter thanks to his gear. The white trunks are stunning on him. I probably still prefer the bad boy look from BGE, but it's really cool to see this Chet, too.

Cocky Chet is sexy and he knows it

Beautiful from behind

I will admit that I'm not the biggest Zach Reno fan. I think I'm just not into him as a jobber, because I really liked him here and in his match vs. Kirk Donahue, which I'm reviewing Thursday. Maybe it's his hairy caveman style, which for me, doesn't suit being a doormat as he was against Flash LaCash, for example. I do think he's hot and he looks good in zebra trunks.

I admit that Zach looks good like this ...

... but I was more interested in him like this

There's some really fast moving action here. Chet shows off some high-flying, while Zach is right there with counters and some power moves of his own. It's really very pro and mostly seamless. There are quite a few "finishers" used here, so I was really riveted from the start to the very end.

The boys got skillz

Zach whips Chet in hard - love the bounce out

Zach's running super-kick takes the cocky cutie down

In the end, a winner for me. Young Chet is terrific and Zach works well for me here. It feels right out of one of my stories, with cocky rookie pro wrestlers going at it. They pull out all the stops and deliver a superior match that had me thoroughly engaged the entire time.

So that's my take. What's yours? Any thoughts?

Alex

No comments:

Post a Comment