Monday, August 28, 2017

Review: Hunkbash 3 (BGEast)

In my "What's your custom match?" post, a commenter brought up Randy Wilkins, a one-and-done blond bodybuilder from BGEast who doesn't even have a profile on the website. I didn't remember him (by name) as his only appearance was against Hal Foster (again, who?) on Hunkbash 3.

While I didn't remember Randy or Hal by name, I remembered them by sight, especially Hal Foster, the hot Canadian beefcake. And I remembered Hunkbash 3. When I looked back through that compilation, I fondly recalled my lust for small-town muscleboy Chris Denver, who faced mega-heel Psycho Capone. The other two matches are no less than Mike Columbo against Cruze and Chris Bruce facing Dante Rosetti.

The incredible men of Hunkbash 3

Wow, that's eight great guys. Five are studs that I'd consider superstars or stars, plus three unknowns who are all big and beautiful. The matches are also really good. Even though this is a Hunkbash, none of the matches are 100% squashes. The "hunk" gets his turn on top and often makes the "basher" submit.

If you're interested at all, I would get it. It's on permanent sale for $29, but be warned. On BGEast's website, they have the following disclaimer:
SALE: Due to some video damage, video and DVD versions have some distortions that do not affect ability to view action.
I can't tell you how bad it is, because my version is rough, too. I owned this as a VHS then put it on DVD then ripped it onto my computer. So I can't be sure what's BGEast's fault and what's mine. However, my video is still watchable, so I imagine theirs is too.

Here are some images from each match ...


Match 1: Psycho Capone vs. Chris Denver

Chris Denver is listed at 6'3"/215-lbs. The big ginger is simply gorgeous as the epitome of a small-town muscle boy. I knew I was interested in him from the picture on the website, especially in his blue speedo.

This video starts with interviews of both angelic Chris and devilish Psycho before we get to the action. Of course we know who the hunk will be, but Chris isn't some wilting flower. He's strong and capable, even against stiff competition. It's a great start to a winning compilation.

We learn more about big Chris.

Psycho learns that the big boy can wrestle.

Chris Denver was sexy as fuck.

Psycho admires the suffering stud.

Match 2: Mike Columbo vs. Cruze

I love me some Mike Columbo. He's one of those guys who went back and forth between winning and losing, all based on his opponent. The compact muscleman has one-of-a-kind proportions with his thick barrel chest, narrow waist and mountainous ass.

Here, Mike gets put against Cruze who knows a thing or two about bashing hunks. Mike gets twisted, bent and manhandled, but as I said, it's not a 100% squash at all.

Mike is fantastic.

Cruze built a career on bending beauties to his will.

Poor Mike. This isn't your match.

Bridge, baby, bridge!

Match 3: Randy Wilkins vs. Hal Foster

This match features a couple of one-and-done studs who are both freaking hot. Maybe they were buddies or something. Randy is a ripped blond bodybuilder. Hal is beefier dark-haired guy. It's like CHiPs, Dukes of Hazzard or any other show that features two gorgeous hunks with opposite hair color.

I would've taken more of either of these two. My commenter loved Randy and it's easy to see why. Meanwhile, Hal is just the kind of man I love, handsome with smooth, beefy muscle. It's a big boy battle that's maybe more Thunders Arena in today's context.

Randy is like a classical sculpture.

Big Hal gets bearhugged.

Pecs so perfect you need to bash them.

Anyone want to help the bodybuilder?

Match 4: Chris Bruce vs. Dante Rosetti

Last, but obviously not least, we have one of the best jobbers of his time against a natural bad boy. Chris Bruce is perfectly all-American, so it makes sense to put him in USA flag trunks. I love how Dante is a heel in pink, so confident in his muscle and power that he doesn't need stereotypical gear.

I actually think the heel is sexier than the jobber, but this matchup is right out of central casting and goes exactly how you'd expect. Bruce is the "hunk", Dante brings the "bash".

I'm in the minority, but I actually think
the heel is sexier than the jobber

Even Chris Bruce gets his time on top.

Chris Bruce was created to be put on display.

A beautiful end to a brilliant compilation.

Alex



10 comments:

  1. This is a great release. I love me some Hal Foster too, but I'm just drooling all over that last photo of Randy.

    Wow, thank you for reviewing Hunkbash 3. It's a classic.

    You brought up a good point of how hunky, beefy many of the wrestlers are. Looking at their recent releases, including their latest, it's almost a rarity to not have at least a twink featured in a match. A lot of the times it's twink vs. twink. Maybe that's the market for BG East these days.

    While I prefer Thunder's choices of wrestlers, dare I say they are never there technically. The wrestling and camera work in their videos do lack behind compared to BG East, often noticeably so.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You're welcome. I appreciate the reminder. I haven't watched it in years and it was great to view it again.

      Delete
  2. I also have loved this video for a long time. Randy Wilkins was just the cat's meow. So sad that he was one-and-done. Yes, I think he and Hal were friends, and from Canada, eh? Besides the dialog, note they both have identical little maple leaf tattoos. And then, yes Mike Columbo is always a treat. Go to Hunkbash 2 to see another one-hit wonder I would have loved to see more: Glen Marble.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for the comment. I'll take a look at Glen.

      ETA: I think he's on Fantasymen 2, not Hunkbash 2.

      Delete
  3. One of the great DVDs from the old days. Randy, yes was awesome as had been said. But Mike Columbo was so juicy and young and was such a muscle boy stud while getting (mostly) a beating from Cruze - one of those guys who knows how to display himself in defeat - very hot.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for the comment. Mike was one of my custom comeback fantasies, so you know I agree 100%. One of my all-time faves.

      Delete
    2. There used to be a blog dedicated to Mike, one of the earliest wrestling site of this kind if I am not mistaken. He's always wonderful!

      Delete
    3. Yes! I totally remember that. I feel like his name was something like Lesbanis? It was a very hot site

      Delete
    4. Yeah - I remember - I think it was taken down because they used too many pictures from BGEast - but Mike looked great either as a heel or jobbing. He did some great work as a heel, but frankly watching him beaten with that ass always on display and seeing him go out cold - it was the best

      Delete
    5. Oh, okay. I didn't know why it disappeared. I can see why BGEast is sensitive about too many images, but it was fun while it lasted. I figured it was because there wasn't any new content. Seems that anything dedicated to one wrestler will have a short shelf life, based on the inherently limited material.

      Delete