Sunday, September 17, 2017

What is 88wrestling.com?


Well, well, well ... it appears there's a new player coming. Or, I suspect a re-branded old player.

I received this teaser in my inbox for a new site called 88wrestling.com. It sure looks like Rock Hard Wrestling to me. The look, tone and feel are similar and the featured guy, Chase Lundquist in black and blue square cuts, is very RHW.


I know that this new site must be linked to someone I've bought from, because it didn't come to my gmail account. So it's not someone teasing me as a blogger. They're teasing me as a (former?) customer.

Also teasing us is Austin Cooper/Frey via Twitter ( @Austin_Frey1 ).


The question is, who's doing it and why? NHB became Movimus, so it has happened before. New management? Did someone buy RHW and want a fresh start? Was the name Rock Hard Wrestling off-putting to wrestlers? Is someone just copying RHW? Or am I completely wrong and this has nothing to do with RHW at all? I highly doubt that last question.

So what do you think? We've got four days to speculate. Is it interesting to you? Does it excite you? Will you be checking them out on 9/21?

Alex

20 comments:

  1. I'm super excited about their debut since two teen bodybuilders I follow on Instagram will be wrestling for them. The fact that several RHW wrestlers are with them could be an accident of geography (same area of Florida) or it could be run by one of the former RHW wrestlers. That is how Hellbo wrestling started. Denny, one of the wrestlers at Skybo, broke off and started his own company taking several Skybo wrestlers with him.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Wow, sounds like you know a lot more than me about this. Cool, makes me more excited if they have some good talent.

      Delete
  2. I doon't know how their wrestling talent is although I know they're quite yummy to look at.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Who are the two fitness models you follow that are going to be on it?

      Delete
    2. Santy Medrano, who goes by the name Tito Santos on the site and DansBod, whose name on the site is Sasha something.

      Delete
  3. Hmm interesting, I hope it starts out like the early years of RHW and not the latter years. Looks like Austin Dash and Tanner are showing up on there. Hopefully Alex Waters does too. But i'm interested and il probably pick up a match if its an good matchup and presentation. Maybe it being released on my birthday is a sign its going to be good right? Or is it a sign of repeated RHW mistakes? Hopefully not lol!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well, it's better than what we currently have, so even if they only last a short while, it'll have to be better than encore presentations.

      Delete
  4. hmmm it seems like they deleted all their website info...I'm sure Alex is very happy with Dash making a comeback! Besides the guys we know...any idea on who the other ones are?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. There's not too much info. Only thing i could find were names and the picture they have for their twitter header.

      https://scontent-lax3-1.xx.fbcdn.net/v/t31.0-8/21367080_2097952330431962_5894388870830375882_o.jpg?oh=d2a6628757917a89e77cbda46fbdd0f5&oe=5A4A668B

      Delete
    2. Wow, what a bunch of sleuths. You're right that I'm excited about Dash. I never thought he'd be back.

      Delete
  5. Santy Medrano is the guy third from left in the Twitter pic. DansBod is the one in the middle.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I hope they retain the camera guy and cinematographer of RHW. They are top notch, best in the biz.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Definitely! The two-camera approach and the clean look and feel were best in class when they debuted. Hopefully that continues.

      Delete
  7. 88? I wonder what is the significance of that number. 88 is sometimes associated with neo-nazis and heil hitler.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Because where they film it is on a street called 88th street or something like that.

      Delete
  8. Their first two matches are already available for purchase.

    ReplyDelete