Tuesday, November 21, 2017

Fan Fiction Starting Tomorrow!

Guys,

Some of you might remember that in the comments of The Cave Undercard 18: Ace vs. Moneymaker an anonymous reader mentioned that he did his own story using a couple of my popular, but under-utilized Cave characters. Specifically, it's an encounter between Brody and Ram. After some scrambling on his part to fit within my ever-changing broader narrative, it's now set about a week before before Rival Pro Wrestling 2: Country vs. Cave.

Brody

Ram

Folks were curious, especially when I mentioned it was 147 pages long. Well, after almost a year of work on this anonymous reader's part (he started last December, shortly after The Cave Undercard 14: City vs. Country), he gets to see his creation published starting tomorrow morning and curious site visitors get a bonus story to read.

The reader wants to remain anonymous, but he really went above and beyond, even sending me a revised version after my October stories posted. Anonymous also included over 124 images, but they were unedited and I simply couldn't help with that. So, Anonymous taught himself photo-manipulation and spent 100+ hours changing them himself! Wow.

With so much passion, dedication and creativity, I wanted to share this story with all of you. Due to the length, I'm posting it over the next five days. It works, because there are natural breaks at almost equal lengths. This also seemed like a perfect window. It's right in between my stories. Plus, in the US, this is Thanksgiving week, so 57%* of you will have more time to enjoy a daily entry (*source: Google Analytics).

Please enjoy and please comment!

Alex

PS. Anonymous even did a fancy disclaimer, something I've never even done. I've included it here and at the bottom of every chapter. Some of the names are familiar sources of enjoyment and inspiration to me, but a lot are not. Guess I have some googling to do.


6 comments:

  1. Thank you very much for the praise and support, Alex! This was definitely a labor of love, and it was your incredible stories that inspired me to write my own. It's my sincere hope that this story encourages other fans to write their own stories as well. Who knows how many amazing tales are out there yet to be told?!

    - JS

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You're welcome! I'm glad I could finally post it. Congrats!

      Delete
  2. Blimey! I can't wait to read this now :) And thats a huge story, i'm sure its going to be great!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It'll be like an old-fashioned mini-series where they aired one episode a night for five nights. :)

      Delete
  3. This is awesome - authors supporting authors is a beautiful thing. And more stories! I love the miniseries idea, too. Lots of anticipation.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well, this entire blog and every Alex Miller story are basically thanks to Bard supporting me. It is a beautiful thing and I can do no less. :)

      Delete