Saturday, December 23, 2017

Review: Brute vs. Viking (Thunders Arena)

Viking vs. Brute is the second Thunders Arena match I recently purchased with the gorgeous 6'6" Viking against another big man. I've already reviewed Viking vs. Mack (review here), but this one was worthy of its own post. I fell in love with Viking from the first match I watched with him and that continues to know. Does this break his winning streak? Nope. It's a winner, too.

Thunders brings more big boys to the ring.

I like Viking for his personality and his looks. He seems cool and charming, while still being a bad ass. And he's a good looking guy. At first, I was a little disappointed that he's wearing pants in this match, but the form-fitting camouflage leggings do look good on him. The only time I noticed it was when he applied scissors where you'd like to see his legs flexing. However, it's not like he's Steel with 28" thighs, so I'm okay.

Brute looks terrific. The bald behemoth is rock solid and thick, but he's ripped, especially in the chest and shoulder region. Plus, he's got a light dusting of fur on his torso. It suits him and I think he should actually let it grow a little thicker even. Brute's going barefoot with knee pads, so foot fetishists (which I am not) should be happy. His camouflage squarecuts also suit his macho muscle beast aesthetic.

Two big hot hunks.

Brute's chest is a work of art.

Beefy Brute goes barefoot.

This video is squashier than I thought it would be. Images will spoil in which direction, so I might as well talk about it. By my count, Brute has four dominant stretches that add up to less than five minutes of control out of almost 19 minutes total.There's some back-and-forth time where neither guy in is control, but that still leaves Viking on top significantly more frequently and for much longer periods.

My surprise is certainly not disappointment. I enjoyed the flow. Viking's a good heel. He knows how to keep things going and has a solid range of moves. It helps that Brute is all-in with strong selling. He screams and suffers like a jobber. He also validates Viking's power by admitting the lean stud is strong and by submitting to Viking's power more than once.

Brute doesn't get much time on top.

Viking shows that he's comfortable in the ring.

The ropes factor into the punishment several times.

The action works. I like how the ropes get used frequently. They're great for control and chokes, but also as a way to push out Brute's thick chest. Viking uses his camouflage-wrapped legs effectively, squeezing Brute's head, which turns beautifully red. I'm impressed that the leaner stud can manhandle a 265-lbs muscleman, including lifting him into a nice bearhug and suspended choke.

Viking shows his power, lifting and crushing 265-lbs.

Brute can't budge those spandex-wrapped legs.

Viking's legs might be lean for a Thunders big man,
but he's got the standing head scissors working.

In the end, this was a hot match, albeit surprising. Viking's just a really great presence. I like seeing him stretch himself, thoroughly and convincingly dominating a big pro wrestler. Brute's lighter personality works as he struggles against the leaner amateur. Nice to see Thunders putting these huge guys against each other. It's what they're known for and a big differentiator for them.

What are other bloggers saying?


So that's my take. What's yours?

Alex

-2018

2 comments:

  1. It's awesome to see two very different monsters go at it, each with their own strengths!

    -JS

    ReplyDelete