Wednesday, December 27, 2017

Review: Taylor Reign vs. Travis Bennett (Muscleboy Wrestling)

Of course I like it when producers come out with a ton of videos, but with so many options, it's easy to miss things. I haven't even really looked at Muscleboy Wrestling's fifth catalogue, still mired in the earlier rounds. During their last sale, I went exploring and like Christopher Columbus, I discovered something a ton of people knew about before me.

In this case, what I discovered was Taylor Reign vs. Travis Bennett. It's quite different than my previous MBW videos, but it's also really good.

Young bucks make like bulls to start this gem.

If you liked RHW, I think you'd like this video. It has the same kind of vibe. Back-and-forth ring action. It even has the same interchangeable frat guy phenomenon. No appearance contrasts here. Taylor Reign and Travis Bennett are both cute and cocky young fitness studs. Taylor looks positively angelic in his crisp white with silver accents, while Travis is full of swagger in orange pro gear.

Travis is ripped and ready to rumble in orange.

Taylor's angelic in white.

Yep, just two hot studs.

In the beginning, Travis is a little more polished in style, banter and presence. He's a trained pro wrestler and it shows as he dictates the flow of the action. However, Taylor is more than willing to jump all-in. I like their rapport and they work pretty well together.

Action-wise, it's classic pro holds and power moves for about ten minutes. This back-and-forth wrestling is well-done and intense until the loser makes a critical mistake. Ah, such is wrestling, right? Two power moves later, he's out and pinned by the better man. Match over. Or is it?

Pro Travis feels confident against joe Taylor.

Good for Travis that Taylor's no shrinking violet.

Somebody enjoys his job.

Taylor blocks Travis then reverses things.

One surprise here is that it turns out that this is two, two, two matches in one!

After his clear three-count victory, the winner tells the loser, "I don't want to see you in my ring again. Understood?" Well, the loser doesn't understand. We cut to later with the winner warming up. The recovered loser shows up demanding a re-match.Asked if he really thinks he deserves one, the loser declares that the winner 'got lucky'. Them's fightin' words!

So, we're on for a five-minute round two. It's more of the same with hot back-and-forth action ending in a definitive and final three-count. It's fast-paced with a combination of short submission holds and power moves. The ultimate finisher is one of my absolute favorite moves, so I was very happy to close out with that.

Does the loser of round one redeem himself? Or is he just outclassed?

These boys came to play.

Taylor surprises Travis with a classic crab.

We all win with this video.

In the end, I really enjoyed this match. The guys are young, lean and ripped. They're in hot gear. They've got a lot of attitude and the wrestling is crisp. I'm definitely glad I looked back and picked this one up when I had the chance.

What are other bloggers saying?


So that's take. what's yours?

Alex

- 2017

No comments:

Post a Comment