Saturday, March 3, 2018

Marco News.

I've said before that I view my role as a blogger as more informational than promotional. I received an email from Marco asking for some promotion, but I think it's valuable information for my readers, too. And so, I'm sharing it. In this fast-paced 24-hour news world, there's no longer any responsibility to vet things or actually investigate, so I haven't.

I know some of you are BIG Marco fans from his work at Thunders Arena and Wrestler4Hire. I've posted about 13 of his matches, included him in Battle of the Wrestling Stars 2, and he was runner-up for my Second Look Cavey this year. My first review of him (here) is still one of my biggest reviews ever.

Marco x 2 was a huge hit.

I'm sure that most of you know that he has "retired". However, it turns out that he's "retired" in the classic pro wrestling sense. That is, he's just moved on to something else. Here's the email I received, unedited, in its entirety.

Good morning! It’s Marco from Thunders. I just started my own personal site Customvideostudio.com and was wondering if you wouldn’t mind talking about it on your blog. I won’t be wrestling for any more company’s so it is the only way to get any new videos of me. I also have a place for private wrestling matches there. I’ve decided to start the site to stay exclusive to my own content. The videos can include me or other guys. It can be other no nude custom content as well. Not limited to wrestling and flexing. The difference with my videos compared to other studios:
Faster turn around time: two weeks tops if has other guys in it
Videos WILL NOT be resold like other sites do. If someone is paying a premium précis I believe they should be the sole owner. Custom scripts will be done accurately. Not over looking any small details.
If you can do a post on this I’d greatly appreciate it. Thank you!

And so, now you know what I know. This is not an ad or any kind of endorsement. I don't know how the site will work, if it will work or anything more than what you read. I just figured that it was something folks would want to see.

I know a lot of you like checking Marco out.
(Marco vs. Slash - Thunders Arena)

Alex

6 comments:

  1. It's going to be interesting how he does. I guess he must have lots of fans or perhaps he is going to have a lot of excellent talent working with him. Maybe he gets some of the best muscle hunks out there to join. Cause as you well know, muscles boys and hunks are never enough and always welcomed! Lol

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well, it seems like it's a personal site for custom and private matches. It's interesting that he's not re-selling the custom matches. I'm not sure if that's a pain point for guys who sponsor private matches. From what I've seen from my commissioners and the few comments here from guys who've sponsored a video, there's a sense of pride having their ideas produced and enjoyed broadly.

      Delete
    2. Thank you for putting me on your blog Alex! I appreciate the support from you over the years and everyone that follows your blog. The following is to clarify what my site is and to talk about future plans. As most know, I will no longer be wrestling for any companies. Any new videos of me will be coming through my site. The site is for ordering customs and wrestling me. Customs are not just limited to only wrestling. The customs don't have to include me. I can get other performers on request. My site will remain private so it is exclusive to true supporters. Being private will also be easier to get more performers that do not want to be filmed on a public platform. I will not be re selling customs because of the feed back I have heard over the last few years. The site is only a few days old so there will be more added very soon. I will be posting one location that I will travel to each month for a couple days. The deadline to schedule will be the last day of the month before. I will build in a blog and review sections. There will be pictures, video, etc updates of me on the site. I will also have a merchandise section. Shirts, gear, pictures, etc. Thank you to everyone that will read this. Check customvideostudio.com for more!

      Delete
    3. You're welcome. Thanks for the additional info and rationale.

      Look forward to seeing where this new venture leads you.

      Delete