Tuesday, March 6, 2018

Review: Cason vs. Joey King/Brute (Thunders Arena)

I expected to review Cason vs. Joey King and Cason vs. Brute separately, but after watching the videos, I found that I had to do them together. Why? Because they're basically the same video. Beat for beat, they have extremely similar pacing, action and storylines.

I enjoyed Cason's first ring matches and have a preference? Will you enjoy them or have a preference? I'll try to help you figure that out with a couple of simple questions. Which pro do you like more. Who do you want to see suffer more - Cason or the pro?

I'm going to go out on a limb here ...
Cason has one of Thunders best bodies EVER.

Cason is gorgeous. He belongs in the ring. The chiseled body. The confidence of youth and muscle. In red trunks with his string hanging out, the young muscleman sweats up a storm as the action builds in these matches. In both matches, he flexes those muscles, but he's also displayed, stretched and bent.

The pros also look good. Joey King is more of a physical contrast - smaller, hairy and less ripped. Even with close-cropped hair, he still looks really good to me. Brute is bigger than Joey, more of a muscle match for Cason. You certainly won't confuse him with Cason, as he's older, gruffer and thicker. Joey is more talkative, but Brute has a strong presence, too.

Damn, the sculpted rookie looks so sexy in the ropes.
Damn, the hairy pro looks so sexy in the ropes.

Damn, the beefy pro looks so sexy in the ropes.

I watched the match with Joey King first. I really liked it. It's a 20 minute video with about 18 minutes of action. It's a close to even split on control, with Joey clocking in around 8 minutes and Cason probably around 9 minutes. The rookie dominates more in this match than his match with Brute, but more on that later.

On its own, this was a really good video. It's great to see Cason tested. And dominated. And knocked out. Joey's cockiness and pro skills combine to make him an incredibly formidable foe. Cason is impressive as he uses some solid ring moves, like a dragon sleeper and full nelson on the smaller pro.

My favorite moment is when Joey uses his sleeper, because I'd never seen Cason in that kind of trouble. It's hot to see the young alpha punk knocked out. I also like the neckbreaker, although it's shot from the side while I prefer seeing it looking at the victim. When it's his turn to sell, Joey makes a hot victim, showing off his pro chops. He talks a lot, both when he's winning and losing, while Cason is more than comfortable playing the cocky young stud.

Uh oh, rookie, you're facing a real wrestler now.

Has the rookie met his match in the ring?

The pro gets punished about 4 minutes longer here.

We learn that Cason's bearhug is brutal.

I watched the match with Brute second. It started to click that things were headed down the same direction pretty early. There are nuances to the action, but mainly it's the same. They threw me a little bit of a curveball at the midpoint, because Brute dominates for about 4 minutes more, but it circles back.

On its own, this was a really good video. It's great to see Cason tested. And dominated. And knocked out. Brute's size and pro skills combine to make him an incredibly formidable foe. Cason is impressively powerful as he casually bearhugs the big man over and over. My favorite moments are when the pro uses sleepers, including one of my favorite types. In fact, please indulge me while give that its own paragraph.

I love Cason in a dragon sleeper. He's literal perfection bent backwards like this. Brute has earned my undying love for this hold. In fact, I'm going to state that Cason in a dragon sleeper is now "my new favorite thing in the world". That honor doesn't usually last very long, because I'm fickle, but Cason and Brute can revel in it while it does last.

Uh oh, rookie, you're facing a real wrestler now.

Has the rookie met his match in the ring?

The rookie gets punished about 4 minutes longer here.

We learn that Cason's bearhug is brutal.

In the end, I liked both these videos. I wish they had more differences, but they're still good. Your call as to which one you'd like more, if you only wanted one.

For me, while I think Joey King is the sexier opponent, I actually prefer the match against Brute. The bigger pro wrestler is a better size match. Cason suffers a little longer. During that extra time, Brute uses the dragon sleeper and full nelson on the rookie versus Cason using them on Joey. That's important, because Cason in a dragon sleeper is "my new favorite thing in the world".

So, that's my take. What's yours?

Alex


7 comments:

  1. Cason is one of the best finds ever at Thunders Arena -- and that's saying something for a company that is known for its incredible looking talent! For being only 20 years old, he's a natural in front of the camera in both actions and attitude. Between his looks, physique, confidence, cockiness, dominance, flexing, self-admiration, foul language, trash-talk, and copious amounts of sweat, he pushes every single one of my buttons!

    I haven't seen either of Cason's ring matches yet (although I did buy them!), but one of the things he does in his mat matches that I find absolutely irresistible is frequently stick out his tongue while smiling as he's posing or applying holds. It drives me completely over the edge! It's like he has an insatiable need to flex every single muscle in his body -- including his tongue muscle! I've always thought a little "tongue action" was the ultimate sign of cockiness and strength. Mark Muscle is very good at it when he's in command in his matches, and Randy Orton and John Cena sometimes show tongue as they apply holds whenever they briefly turn "heel", but Cason has elevated it to an art form!

    - JS

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for the comment. I agree on Cason. He's awesome for any age, but it is super-impressive for 20. He feels much more mature than most guys his age.

      And I appreciate the call out into his tongue action. Gotta love a man who knows how to use his tongue.

      Delete
  2. Talk about a veritable cornucopia of sweet wrestling muscle. Cason looks too perfect to be real. Not only a great physique but good looking. Given these three it's a total feast for the eyes. I do have to agree about the dragon sleeper. That is such a hot hold regardless of the participants, but here? Ohhh myyyy as George Takei would say.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for the comment. Cason is an amazing find. And he's 6'2", which is a perfect height. Thunders sure can find the studs.

      Delete
  3. Agree with everyone on that dragon sleeper. Specially since it was on two videos. Cason is an awesome find. Hot hot hot . I agree with Alex on the fact that these two videos are literally the same. I personally found that weird and a turn off, because Brute and Joey King are very good heels. I question the logic of it. Of course seeing Cason trapped on the ropes is hot and seeing it twice was really hot. But from a viewers perspective at least mine it was a waste of talent in a way. One thing g that did catch my attention was how Cason made a comeback. Yes it was scripted. But the fact that he still made a comeback specially after Brute was kind of a strong message. The thing now is, if he is that good, the challenge is now for Thunders to look for talent that can take him on. Cause steel or Eagle are not going to cut it. I think he went up another level. Do they have someone that can challenge him? If not, he'll, I'm looking forward to they are planning to bring because that hunk sent out a very powerful statement with those two matches. Maybe that was the intention after all.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah, Cason's in his unbeatable phase, but other guys have been there, too. If he stays the stud of Thunders, I'd be okay with that, but I think they'll have him lose, even if it's on a custom video. A guy like Viking, for example, would be a good match.

      Delete
    2. Well you heard it Thunders! Viking vs Cason! Let's get ready to rumble!!!!!
      But FYI! Have other talent available in case, Cason wins again hahaha. As Alex says, at some point the hunk has to lose lol!

      Delete