Monday, June 11, 2018

Review: Austin Tyler vs. Nick Flex (Muscleboy Wrestling)

Muscleboy Wrestling is out with catalogue 8. They sent me a few matches that I'll check out over the next few weeks, but you'll notice there's no disclosure notice on this review. That's because I bought Austin Tyler vs. Nick Flex immediately, knowing I wanted to see it and being more than willing to slap down my hard-earned cash for it.

I should never get my hopes up, but in this case, it worked out because I loved this match. It's my new favorite Nick Flex match and another awesome showing for Austin Tyler.

Two of my faves give it their all.


Nick is my favorite MBW exclusive wrestler, even surpassing my first love, Justin Powers. JP is great, but Nick's just been a reliable combination of hotness, talent and sweat. Nick has a gorgeous wrestler's body, made even hotter by a coating of fur. And he's ferocious on the mats, but always willing and able to take as much as he gives.

Meanwhile, Austin is a guy I can't stop watching, no matter where he shows up. I love his body, hair, attitude, wrestling prowess and his instinctive ability to put himself in the hottest position at all times. I feel like he's going to go far, so I'm glad I'll have this extensive back catalogue when he no longer has time for our world.

And I'm really glad I have his beautiful, very sweaty body in white trunks with no lining. Um, yeah. My new favorite thing in the world? Anyone who's read my BIGBeast stories know that's a detail that I really, really like.

Austin's got the muscle to compete with anyone.

Nick's furry and it looks great.

Austin always knows how to fall.

I'm going to start by saying that this is my favorite Nick Flex match ever. Austin Tyler is a fantastic opponent for him. He's a contrast in every physical way, but he shares Nick's fighter's mentality. We know he has big balls literally, but Austin has them figuratively, as well. He'll take what you got and come right back with more.

There's no need for games here. The guys show up. They fight. They suffer. They sweat. They go back-and-forth. One man wins. One man loses. Perfection.

This is a hard-hitting battle. At first, I feared it would be a squash, but I should've known better. Austin's too much of a stud for that. Both guys get their turns on top. I'd be lying if I said I didn't prefer Nick beating on Austin, but it's partly because he's so tough that I appreciate seeing the handsome young stud suffering.

Knock down.

Drag out.

That's a new way to end a torture rack.

There are suplexes and slams, lots of mat work, body punches and a piledriver. Nick is arrogant enough to pull Austin up after a fast two-count, but that only inspires the younger muscleman to fight harder. The action is really good, although the space does impact camerawork, which can't always keep up, and a suplex where Austin's feet hit the ceiling.

Nick dominates more, but there's a character trait with Nick that I've noticed. Whether it's real or affected, I don't know, but he's positioned a sprinter, not a marathoner. Nick will kick your ass, but then get tired. That's your opening. It happens again with Austin. I like it. It's a realistic weakness for the muscle hunk. Of course, he always manages to find his second wind, which is why I lean to thinking it's a deliberate act, but I approve.

One of Nick's regular moves
(and one of my favorites).

Hey, that's a quick count -
oh, I guess it doesn't matter.

The power of youth.
When Nick slows down, Austin speeds up.

In the end, I loved this match. It has so much I love and nothing I don't. It all works terrifically with great chemistry, bodies and action. Hm, I'd actually love to see these two go at it in a ring where Austin could really fly around. I'm sure I will watch it again soon.

So, that's my take. What's yours?

Alex

2 comments:

  1. I was hoping you'd review this video! I think your description of Nick is spot on. I like the parts of his matches when he tires out and his opponent wails on him against the wall. It's still surprising to see him so vulnerable

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! Yeah, just because it's happened before doesn't mean I don't want to see it again and again. Vulnerable, tired Nick is sexy as fuck, especially after he's been super-dominant for a stretch.

      Delete