Monday, June 4, 2018

Review: Biff Farrell vs. Franco Vetti (BGEast)

Biff Farrell vs. Franco Vetti was on my list from the latest BGEast catalogue, but not at the top of it. It was hovering in that second tier with Kayden Keller vs. Bruno LaBestia as matches I was interested in, but not 100% sure because of an unknown wrestler (rookie Franco Vetti) and an unappealing gimmick (Kayden and Bruno boxing).

I did end up VOD-ing this one and I'd say that it should be near the top of any list. It's fan-freaking-tastic as the veteran and rookie are really good.

Biff Farrell and newcomer Franco Vetti deliver an
excellent Gut Bash video via the Fantasymen series.

It's not easy to outshine a guy like Biff Farrell, but Franco Vetti is the guy who sticks in my mind after this match. Biff is Biff, in his classic red gear. He's the same powerful fireplug he always is with an amazingly thick body. Biff vs. Scrappy is a fantasy fireplug match of mine. However, Franco just grabs my eye and this match showcases his greatest assets.

The rookie has a great body. Ripped. Beautifully proportioned. And just amazing definition on his abs. He's not a great actor, but I like his "Vinny Barbarino" charms. he was good with what he was asked to do. Which is mainly be cocky, surprise Biff with some skills, and suffer as his abs get abused.

So now my biggest concern after watching this match is Franco becoming a subject in a One-Hit Wonder post a few years down the road. Hope not, because I'd sure love to see those abs again.

Franco's definition is amazing.

Biff's back and getting to actually use that muscle.

No pulled punches here.
Biff leaves Franco's abs red and wrecked.

I don't think I like Gut Bash type videos, but I seem to be making a lot of exceptions recently. Despite its flaws, I enjoyed Carter Alexander vs. Kayden Keller earlier this year (reviewed here). This match is a lot like that, only much better. This one has even better abs being bashed (sorry Carter) and a lot more tension. Carter lied down for his beating, which didn't make sense to me, but I went with it. Here, the rookie is a credible combatant who doesn't give up before he begins. No, the veteran earns his moments of domination and suffers when he underestimates Franco.

This isn't the first time I've reviewed Biff as a dominant hunk. That was when he faced Charlie Evans at Muscle Domination Wrestling (reviewed here). I'd argue that, even when dominant, Biff remains a babyface hunk, just a more capable and confident one. Now, as part of my decision-making process, I did read Joe's review at Ringside. He found Biff to be more heel than I did. I think he's just a tough competitor here, never crossing into the nasty, dirty territory that makes someone a heel in my books. Maybe you can be the tiebreaker, if you've seen this video. Heel or not?

The blond hunk admires those perfect abs.

Is Franco going to be the
latest stud to destroy Biff?

Surprise, Biff! Somebody knows a trick or two.

As I've said, this is not a well-rounded match with a lot of variety of moves. It is a Gut Bash under the Fantasymen banner. Of course, both guys are fantasy men, so I'm not complaining, but from an action standpoint, I want you to know what you're getting. It's ruthless, relentless and repetitive, but I never found it to be boring. And it's always great to see abs that show the abuse. Franco's washboard stomach turns wonderfully red, letting you feel that he's actually feeling it. Perfect.

Ouch! Biff is a focused and relentless ab breaker.

How much more abuse can the chiseled hunk take?

Oh, that's how much he can take.
Please don't be a 1HW, Franco!

In the end, this is a terrific Gut Bash. Maybe the best I've seen, thanks to the quality of Biff's assault, Franco's combination of fight and submissiveness, and that absolutely stunning canvas upon which Biff could create his masterpiece. Body-wise, Franco's one of the best new finds I've seen at BGEast in a long time. His performance is strong enough that I really want to see him again soon.

What are other bloggers saying?


So that's my take. What's yours?

Alex

9 comments:

  1. I still have to add more comments to AMU 150 but, you posted this and I Have to comment. I think this is a must purchase and the people over at BGEast hopefully bring Franco back. This was a perfect review. This was a great match. I have to say that the images over at BGEast don't do Franco justice. He is so much better looking in the video. Even in your screenshots and GIFS he looks way hotter than in the shots by BGEast. So that's that. Bif looks hot and I love his reaction to the fact that Franco is much tougher than he thinks almost like he thought the muscle boy was just an easy opponent. So I agree definitely that he doesn't come down heelish more like a guy that gets a challenge and he has to work for the win and decides to have some fun. And we all benefit for that! Franco did some cool moves as you showed and even dominated for quite a while. Fun match. Very fun and very sexy and it satisfies many different needs!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for your perspective. I haven't really looked at Franco's pics at BGEast, but his body definition is amazing. Maybe still photos don't do it justice.

      Delete
  2. One more thing. That second to last image of Bif slamming Franco's abs on his knee is as hot as it looks. And he does it more than once. The way he does it, is just....good. Very good.

    ReplyDelete
  3. A hairy Biff just makes this better. His hairy inner thighs and pecs is what makes me watch Biff whether jobbing or being the baby faced heel.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for the comment. Biff's definitely one of the most watchable guys to come along in the past few years. So hot.

      Delete
  4. I like this match so much, it reminds me with kid brocks againts j rocks in bg east too, what a full of muscle match.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's a good comparison, just with smaller guys. Appreciate the comment.

      Delete
  5. Great match. Biff destroyed Franco's abs. He was relentless, focused, brutal and vicious. Franco is definitely a keeper. I would like to see him in another gut bash, maybe against Jonny Firestorm or Kayden Keller.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for the comment. Good ideas for future Franco. Let's hope we see more of the young rookie!

      Delete