Wednesday, July 25, 2018

Review: Scrappy vs. Mad Dog Mike (Wrestler4Hire)

There are a lot of wrestling videos that I consider specialty tastes. Due to talent or storyline, I think they'll appeal to a smaller group of people than others. Too often, people try to say those videos or wrestlers are bad. To me, they're all good, if they're produced well and appeal to the intended audience. That's why I'll often end reviews explaining who I think will like the video on top of my own opinion.

Maybe I'm wrong in my assessment, but Scrappy vs. Mad Dog Mike from Wrestler4Hire feels like a specialty taste to me. I see two specific storylines in here that can be very appealing, if you're into seeing good-looking muscle guys squashed (and not everyone is) by a young chubby brute (and not everyone is into this, either).

Mad Dog's Mike's not impressed by that muscle.

One of the stories that I see here is not spoken or acknowledged. It's just something I felt looking at these two wrestlers. I'd dub it "bully vs. jock". Both guys are fresh-faced and youthful, so it's easy to imagine them in a schoolyard type scenario.

With his big beefy body, curly mop and menacing sneer, Mad Dog Mike looks exactly like a lot of classic fictional bullies. The kind of kid that everyone runs from in the halls, just because of his size and attitude. When he's not squeezed into red briefs, I imagine him in a jean jacket, heavy metal t-shirt and bandana. Oh, and probably a chain wallet.

Of course, Scrappy is cute, cocky and charismatic. He's the perfect leader of the jock clique in school, cruising the halls like a king. He works hard on his body, confident in his muscles. No one challenges him, because what would be the point? He's usually surrounded by his jock buddies anyway. If you're into short, sculpted bodybuilders, Scrappy is for you.

Scrappy is his usual phenomenal self.

Mad Dog Mike has a certain look.

Flexing isn't fighting, sport.

The other story I see is overt. It plays into what Wrestling Arsenal has dubbed Fat > Muscle. Mad Dog Mike looks a lot softer than Scrappy, but the big man can dish out a brutal beating. And that belly? It's not soft and Mike's no jobber. In Scrappy's lone moment of competitiveness, he unleashes hell with big belly punches. Nothing. Mike reverses things then finishes off Scrappy yet again. Yes, in pro wrestling, Fat > Muscle.

Scrappy goes after the biggest target ...

... but all it gets him is a taste of his own medicine.

"Just what I always wanted. My own little muscleman.
I will name him George and I will hug him and
pet him and squeeze him and pat him ..."

The action is limited and repetitive, but fun. There are multiple sleepers and bearhugs. These form the majority of the action. There's also a crab, some body punching and a full nelson. In general, though, this is about a big chubby brute knocking Scrappy out repeatedly. Muscle is thoroughly humiliated and dominated from start to finish.

So that's why I call it a specialty taste. I'm pretty sure that you know right now if you'd like this. Either these two guys paired up with this action excites you or it doesn't.

One of many sleepers.

I absolutely love when the victim reaches out
before going out. Why? I don't know. I just do.

Sleeping on the job? Scrappy should only get half-pay.

In the end, I enjoyed this a lot. There's some disbelief suspension required, but it's a classic pro wrestling scenario. Scrappy looks great on the receiving end and Mad Dog Mike makes a convincing brutal bully. If any of this idea excites you, I think you'll like this execution.

So that's my take. What's yours?

Alex


4 comments:

  1. I used to call this a "mauling". Liked watching it when I first got into wrestling and am still into it now. Sometimes I get into a non-ripped belly working over and "mauling" a muscleman and that's what this looks like. Nice review.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is a very biased opinion so I hope no one gets offended. Essentially what a bodybuilder does is turn his body into art. What do we do with art? We examine (Pictures and Paintings) We read (Books) We fondle (Toys) We figure out how to operate and compete (Games). Art is self expression and what the bodybuilder expresses is passion, a passion to put their body through hell to see what the human body is capable of (Steroids don't matter, they are in no way a magic pill).

    That's not intimidating, it's arousing and admirable.

    What the bully here is doing is putting our pal Scrappy's body out for display, as art. Yeah Scrappy you can flex, but that big bully is gonna show us all a side of Scrappy that he didn't even know he had.....VULNERABILITY.

    Bodybuilders tend to be introverted contrary to popular opinion. So of course someone else needs to come in and show us all those goods that our bodybuilder may not even know he had.

    Society puts down the bodybuilder/fitness model physique, therefore the bodybuilder makes the joke before anyone else.

    Bodybuilder: Haha look at my muscles haha, i'm a meathead.

    Bully: You think you're tough stuff do you, well I'll show you.

    *Bully works over bodybuilder*

    Bully: Man you can't fight for shit, but you are pretty heavy and solid, I had a hard time picking you up with those massive pecs.

    Bodybuilder: Gah!!! (wait....he complimented my pecs, I have worked pretty hard on them, everyone thinks i'm a freak so I don't really show them off.)

    Bully: Yeah these muscles are just for show. Just for looking at and playing with.

    Bodybuilder: (He thinks my body is worth being looked at?.....the way he's thrashing me is making me flex my muscles.....does he respect what he sees?)

    It's like some kind of BDSM way of teaching self love lol.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Wow, very cool comment. I love your way of thinking!

      Delete