Saturday, August 25, 2018

Review: Cason vs. Vinny (Thunders Arena)

TRIGGER WARNING: LANGUAGE
Vinny: "I’ve heard about this fucking guy, but I don’t know who he really is, but I don’t give a shit. He’s a big cocksucker. So, you know. It’s okay. I’m gonna beat the shit outta him. You’re all gonna witness that, so stay tuned. I’m gonna whip this little bitch. Pull his fucking ear out. Make him eat it. Swallow it. Like a little fucking ball sac. That’s right."

Cason:
"Wow. That was so long."
Ever watch someone say something and feel embarrassed just hearing it? Vinny's always been an adventure in the trash talking department, but in this match, he tops himself with some doozies. The trigger warning is specifically due to him using the word 'homo' at the very end, but in general, I found that he goes from rude and crude meathead to psycho with his obsession with dicks and talk of ripping off body parts.

However, the action between these two big brutes is really good. They wrestle to the point of exhaustion in this 26-minute and this is the first time Cason has been convincingly overpowered and outmatched.

Cason: "Are you serious, man? Have you seen these things?"
Vinny: "Yeah, your abs are pretty good. I could wash my
clothes on them. It doesn’t mean anything. I’m gonna
pull a fucking ab right out of his fucking stomach."

Cason and Vinny talk a lot about their bodies, but more importantly, they demonstrate their capabilities (more on that later). I like how all the hard-hitting action pumps them both up so their bodies only get bigger and more defined as the match goes on. Nice.

Cason looks awesome in animal print and he sweats even more than usual. It's literally running off him like a waterfall when he's trapped in a standing head scissors. I wanted to GIF it, but it didn't really convey the deluge. And Vinny fills out his gold trunks, looking solid and scrumptious with his beefy muscles.

Vinny: "You know what guys in jail do in this
situation? They fuck ‘em in the ass."
Cason: "I’ve been to jail, bro. They don’t do that shit to me."

Cason: "If I was any younger,
this’d be statutory rape, dude."

Vinny: "Not gonna stop me from beating your ass."
Cason: "I don’t know about that, man. Look at this
fatboy. 40-something years old. Shit."

These are two of the strongest guys at Thunders. Both big. Tall. And muscular. But They're different in age, shape and attitude. It creates some natural tension. And of course, there's Vinny's crazy talk. Some people might see chemistry here, and there are a few moments, but I didn't really see it until the very end when they’re laughing together. Before that, I mostly read Cason as thinking Vinny is a nut.

This is the longest Thunders video that I can remember at 26 minutes. And most of it is actual wrestling. The guys get tired and it feels legitimate, because they work hard. Vinny dominates more, which suits me fine, but Cason has his moments, especially towards the end. There are a couple of super-hot knockouts during the match, but there is a definitive winner after one guy submits then just can't get up.

Vinny: “Snap your hand right off. Feed you your fucking fingers.
You’ll have five fucking dicks in your mouth in about five seconds.”
Cason: “That’s the most retarded thing I’ve heard in my whole life.”

Cason: “Yeah, suck that, bitch.
I put the cheetah on just for you.”

Vinny: "Gonna crush your Adam’s Apple. You’ll be
swallowing your Adam’s Apple and shitting it out later."

Action-wise, I love that you get the sense of their big man power. Cason sells Vinny's crushing strength in holds like bearhugs, scissors and nelsons. And I don't think I've seen the young buck racked before. Near the end, Cason's legs look huge as he uses them for a standing head scissors and a lying down one. There's body punching with that nice "THUD!" sound. There's flexing, of course, but mostly it's during moves.

I'll call out the six-minute test of strength. No wonder they're exhausted. It goes and goes, back-and-forth as they battle for supremacy. When it ends, Vinny wants to go again immediately, but Cason needs a break. Vinny mocks him for that, but I get it. There's another, shorter one-handed test of strength, later that really incorporates the ab abuse.

The production is good with only one glitch where Vinny goes down for no particular reason then there's a jump cut. Using context clues, I can only assume Vinny wanted a much-deserved break, because it leads to a brief pause where Cason just lies on Vinny (he calls him a soft bed). The big men just enjoy a nap before a big back-and-forth finish.

Vinny: "Gonna make you my bitch today. You’re gonna
pump my fucking gas later, you fucking puppet."

Vinny: “I like this guy. He’s in love with himself.”
Cason: “Oh yeah I am. I’m fucking 21 and I look like this?
How could you not be in love with yourself?”

Vinny: “Look at this pretty boy.
Fucking looks like a shaved bird.”

In the end, I cringed at the trash talk, but loved the action and the bodies. Vinny has always  crude, but this was over-the-top for me. However, this isn't the first time I've overlooked bad talk for great action. These two are a fantastic match, the moves are solid and Cason looks just great being dominated. I shared their collapse into sweaty exhaustion.

So that's my take. What's yours?

Alex

2 comments:

  1. Vinny and his trash talk. I am one of those that pukes every time this guy opens his mouth. I’m like damn, such a great body and skills but once he opens the mouth, the charm is over.
    Somehow, for me, here he came out different. Maybe I feel like he really had some dislike towards Cason or that he was into him. Like you said it was way over the top more than usual. But it felt more “sincere” haha. Maybe Cason turned him on and that’s the way he can express things haha. It reflected in the action I believe. It was harder and he really pushed Casons body to new limits. The gorgeous muscle hunk looked better than ever as he was racked and his thick legs dangled. Not to mention the ab punishment. In my case I’m not one to enjoy the test of strengths too much, here it worked and it had me wondering who was going to win them or what it meant towards the finale.
    Perhaps Cason didn’t understand Vinnys emphatuation with him and found it creepy. Lol. I’d like to see a rematch, a bit more serious, perhaps in the ring. Less ear eating and more action.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Interesting perspective. That’s a positive way of looking at the trash talk. I knew some guys might like it. Still over-the-top for me, but maybe you’re right and it’s a sign of more passion between the wrestlers.

      Delete