Monday, April 22, 2019

Review: Tristan Baldwin vs. Kasee (Thunders Arena)

Tristan: Wow. You weren't kidding when you said you were going to one-up me. I said wear something eye-catching. You wear eye-catching in half the size.
Kasee: Half the size?
Tristan: No, I'm talking about [your trunks]. The rest of you? Probably double the size.
Kasee: Thanks, bud. I've never even met you before. Who are you?
And with that opening, Kasee immediately breaks two cardinal rules of improv. He doesn't listen to his scene partner, which is why he doesn't realize Tristan is talking about his tiny red poser. And worse, he doesn't say "yes and ..." and instead actually rejects Tristan's premise that he told him what to wear pre-match. Tsk tsk. Lucky for Kasee he's pretty and who can stay mad at him in that 'gear'.

Tristan vs. Kasee starts out poorly, but if you stick with it, it becomes more worth it.

Things get better as the video goes along.


I actually saw Kasee at the Orlando Airport in February. I was waiting for my flight when I saw him and thought, "That guy looks familiar." I figured it out before he went somewhere warm (based on his attire), while I returned to somewhere cold. In person, he's a cute little muscle guy, but nothing like he looks in this one. Tristan is right. His choice of attire is ridiculously hot and only gets hotter as the back rides up his ass to become thong-like.

Kasee looks his best.

Tristan can't resist tugging on Kasee's poser.

No way can that little red fabric cover those glutes.

Tristan is looking for a tag team partner and Kasee is the frontrunner. He name drops a few guys, including Nick Archer, whom he declares as his best tag partner ever, but a guy who can't hold a candle to Kasee in the looks department. The video approaches five minutes and the guys are still posing and worshipping. I admit that I started to get worried.

Fortunately, they lock up for a test of strength. From there on, it goes another 17 minutes, mostly as a slow squash as Tristan bends and tortures Kasee, testing him as a prospective partner. The trip down memory lane continues as he calls himself Aryx Quinn and calls out famous BGEast jobbers, like Tommy Tara and Justin Pierce. I don't think this reminiscing was a good idea, because it mostly makes me want to shut this off and re-watch Aryx Quinn against those guys.

Anyway, that's not important right now. Let's re-focus on this one.

Kasee thrashes around like a good little jobber.

Tristan evaluates his prospective partner.

Wanna be the man's boy?

Action-wise, there are eventually quite a few sexy holds. This is why said you need to stick with it. Or just start at the five-minute mark. Kasee gets in a low blow, but makes the mistake of calling Tristan "old".  It becomes a good Thunders Arena-style squash as Aryx (hey, he said it first) punishes the younger stud and shows him off for us. Tristan is a fun talker, so it works out right that he carries the weight as the video moves along.

Kasee tries to get over on the old experienced guy.

Who's old experienced now, kid?

Kasee looks stunning as Tristan's jobber boy.

In the end, if you like seeing an old experienced guy toy with a hot young bodybuilder, you'll probably enjoy this. I've never seen Kasee look better than he does here in his skimpy poser that basically turns into a thong throughout. Tristan enjoys having another young plaything to wreck. I doubt they'll ever become a tag team, but it's fun to imagine.

So, that's my take. What's yours?

Alex

9 comments:

  1. I was 100% going to buy this match but you make it sound so tedious and ambling it's now a hard pass. I don't understand how a sexy looking match (Kasee in those trunks!) can't just be accepted as a sexy looking match, and not some crucible where every second and every comment has to be analyzed and extracted and examined and rated according to how perfectly it fits your own personal fantasies. Sheesh.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think what you don’t understand is what a review is. This is my assessment that’s based on my personal tastes. It’s subjective. That’s the point. If you want a play-by-play rundown or a promotional piece, Thunders already does that in the match description. There’s no need for me to do it.

      I give the reader enough info to decide if the video might suit their personal tastes (and for the record, I didn’t even give it a bad review, I said it starts slowly but eventually becomes a good Thunders squash, Kasee has never looked better and there are sexy holds). If you think you’ll like it based on your personal tastes then buy it. If you read something that makes you think you won’t like it then just say “thank you for saving me $30 and 22 minutes”.

      So whatever triggered you to give this a hard pass came from you. You’re welcome for saving you $30 and 22 minutes.

      Delete
    2. Agreed. Alex this is your domain and you can post whatever you want. Your reviews are great and if I don't necessarily agree I move on but that's what makes the world go on. Everyone has there own opinion and it should be respected as such. If you don't have any nice to say, keep it to yourself. Dad said this to all of my family and now I am 58 and remember him saying it me when I was just a little boy.

      Delete
    3. Thanks, Dino. I don't want folks to pile on this poor guy, but I did say that I was going to get feistier in replying to certain types of comments in 2019. It might be the only new year's resolution I'm achieving. :)

      Delete
  2. Miller is taking his wrestling writing take downs, to the comment section now! Hahaha. Get feisty! First rule of reviews....They are Your reviews and your POV! I’ve seen some of the reviews you made and I was like, “well it would be great to watch because of the talent involved regardless” . There are different reasons. For example, he might review a match and say it’s a must watch, but if it’s too expensive some people might just say “pass” .

    ReplyDelete
  3. Guys, please... I am neither offended nor "triggered" by these slightly feisty responses. Of course I realize your reviews begin with your point of view. There is a difference, however, between your personal wrestling tastes, which I fully respect, and misrepresenting the spirit of a match. And you missed the point, big time.

    To put my point of view into perspective, consider this: Imagine you'd spoken to Kasee IRL at the airport that time, had a perfectly lovely conversation about wrestling and he agreed to check out your blog at some point. He does. What would he take from this specific review? That he looked hot in those trunks and it was a sexy fun squash at the hands of a reliably capable heel like Aryx/Tristan, or that and he should do more matches like, that or it was a hot, fun, sexy squash with some substantial shortcomings he needs to work on? I think it's safe to say it's the latter. And that misses the point.

    The whole point of the match is it's a squash and Kasee looks sexy in those trunks and he's forced to beg and whimper and be vulnerable as hell on a level that we generally don't imagine someone who looks like him being anywhere outside of gay wrestling. He did that well, exceptionally even. Better still, No he didn't fully catch or engage with the banter Aryx/Tristan brought to the mat. But so be it. The banter was a bit of a throw away, "This is why Aryx is being so f'n aggressive on this guy's hot, all-but-completely exposed bubble butt" set up anyway. I actually found Kasee's responses kind of hot: that he didn't "know" Aryx or give him any respect, made a nice contrast with Aryx's "I know you, I want you and I haven't been this turned on by an opponent since I worked with these legendary guys nearly 20 years ago" persona.

    So maybe I overreacted a bit in my initial response. But, damn, sometimes a hot squash job is just a hot squash job.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think guys just think it’s amusing whenever there’s more to my comment section than “wow great review” and me replying “thanks”. It doesn’t happen that often so it’s more engaging.

      I totally get your last sentence and completely appreciate reading your perspective. You’re right and I’ve praised a lot of simple hot squashes. I like simple stuff. In this case, I just couldn’t ignore that the first five minutes had me bored and figuring I’d wasted my money.

      But the main thing is that my review didn’t stop you from buying it after all? I’m glad.

      Delete
  4. The slow start and Kasee's initial miscue aside, I thought this match was pretty good. It's impossible to have a "bad" match when Tristan/Aryx is involved. He elevates anyone he works with. (I was particularly impressed by the chemistry between him and Jake in their Thunders match.) He's the best trash-talker in the history of underground wrestling. His mind is as quick as his mouth, with no delay between the two! Guys like Blayne and Scrappy are good at this, but Tristan/Aryx is in a league of his own. When you combine his intelligence and quick wit with his good looks, cocky attitude, and taut physique, you have a great match no matter who you pair him with!

    And personally, I enjoyed Tristan's/Aryx's trip down Memory Lane with some of the BG East legends. I've only recently reached an income level where I can afford to purchase BG East videos of the stars I've admired in the pictures on their website for decades, and I often find myself wondering what they're up to, where life has taken them, and what they look like now. Tristan/Aryx is one of the rare few who continued his underground wrestling career, along with Slash/Jace Bradley, and I'm really hoping Thunders pairs the two of them up in a rematch from the original BG East contest of their youth!

    -JS

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aryx is definitely amongst the most reliable guys from BGEast with a ton of classics. Win or lose, he was great. I even enjoyed him at Can-Am.

      I didn’t realize that Tristan/Jake is a pure muscle worship video. That’s one where guys could legit say I missed the point, but if you’re into watching that, I could see how it’s good. The chemistry is definitely strong as Jake goes all-in. I need more wrestling, but might use stuff like the muscle licking for GIFs in something like a Valentines Day or Labor Day post in the future.

      Now I’m thinking there are videos where a point-counterpoint review could be fun.

      Delete