Saturday, May 16, 2015

Review: Clint Morgan vs. Brooklyn Bodywrecker (BG)

I wrote several posts for Bard's old Sidelineland blog. I've decided to re-post some of them here, as part of consolidating my content.

Clint Morgan 2

So in my first Clint Morgan post, I said I pulled out two matches. The second one was Clint Morgan vs. Brooklyn Bodywrecker from BG’s Champions.

Unlike the other Clint Morgan match I pulled, this is a more standard three falls affair, set in a ring. Morgan stretches out, waiting for his opponent. He definitely looks good to me, but also “of the time.” BBW already has all the swagger and attitude that makes him an icon. He brings handcuffs and his valet (that he won in a prior match), both of which come into play. 

Morgan gets no respect from BBW, other than a nod to his size. Once again, there’s a lot of back-and-forth, with the men splitting the first two falls. Unlike the match against Rogers, where I can point to the set-up and ending as unique in my collection, I can’t really say why I like this so much. Maybe it’s nostalgia. This match was old when I got it, but it was still one of my first. Action-wise, it’s pretty comparable to stuff today, with the same sort of holds and banter. Would it be worth seeking out? Not sure, but watching it again recently gave me the same reaction as watching it many years ago



Morgan doing his best Incredible Hulk impression





BBW lets us know who’s in charge



Now this is how it’s done, kids



BBW doesn’t seem to respect the big stud

BBW doesn’t seem to respect the big stud

Ah, somebody needs a hug!

One good rack ...

... deserves another

BBW shows off, keeping the big stud up there like he weighs nothing

Wait, shouldn’t BBW be using the hold from Boston?

Wearing white doesn’t make BBW a good guy

Ah, gotta love that mullet

No comments:

Post a Comment