Wednesday, May 3, 2017

Review: Bolt v Blayne (Thunders Arena)

Full disclosure: This video was provided to me by Thunders Arena.

Well, it's likely going to be a heavy Thunders Arena month. I already had leftovers from last month and then I received four more matches last week. It was a really good selection: Blayne/Bolt, Blayne/Scrappy, Scrappy/Adam Bryant and Vinny/Logan Vaughn. Then on Monday, I received Bolt/Spike, Scrappy/Marco, Scrappy/Karl and Marco/Karl. They're trying to kill me.

Anyway, I had to start somewhere, so I decided on Blayne vs. Bolt.

Blayne and Bolt have an ab-smashing good time.

Blayne and Bolt have something in common. Neither one was super-impressive for me in the first video I watched. I liked Blayne, but he was outshone by Scrappy in a heel turn. And Bolt didn't really wow me until his tag team match with Marco against Travis and Joey King. He emerged as the star, impressing me with his skill and personality.

Now, both of them are guys I appreciate and I'm excited to watch. Blayne is just stunning. His body. His puppy dog good looks. Simply perfect. Bolt is a cutie who's personality increases his hotness. When he flexes, his abs return, but he's definitely got some sexy beef to him nowadays.

Blayne looks great.

Bolt's charming cute and Blayne is smoking hot.

It's frat boy fun.

This video feels like Thunders as sexy frat house. It's hot guys roughhousing over nothing. Blayne comments on the weather. Bolt slugs him in the gut. From there, it's 18 minutes of hard-hitting horseplay, focused mainly on gut punishment with fists, forearms and knee lifts. There's more to it than that, but it's the main theme. From the living room to the patio to the backyard, the action keeps going and getting hotter.

I admit that I wasn't sure I'd like this. I thought it'd be repetitive and punching is one of the hardest things to make look good. However, I ended up really loving it. Blayne and Bolt deserve all the credit. It feels like they're both really into this match. I love how Blayne and Bolt both demand their opponent punch harder. And there are other moves to break up the gut bashing.

Blayne adds insult to injury as
Scrappy gets caught up in the crazy.

It's an ab abuse tour of the Thunders house.

The guys only take a few breaks.

Blayne holds his own.

Damn that body.

I had reservations, but this match really worked for me.

In the end, this was a ton of fun. I was worried I'd be bored, but there's so much energy and movement throughout that it moves fast. It's focused, but not singularly focused. There is more going on here. There are changes of positions and scenery. And there's the charisma of two of Thunders current best. Bolt and Blayne make it all just work.

So that's my take. What's yours?

Alex

No comments:

Post a Comment