Saturday, February 28, 2015

The Stories

So before the first story hits tomorrow, a little explanation …

My wrestling stories mostly reflect a world much like our own, but require the same suspension of disbelief as when watching pro wrestling. Specifically, they’re based on the conceit that pro-style matches can and do happen. In comic books, this would be like Earth-W.

The stories are long. Some are very long, so be warned. Brevity is not a skill I possess. I don't have an editor to tell me to cut (or check spelling, etc.). If you find mistakes (and you will), just remember - "amateur writer", "free", "no one forced me to read this".

The stories fall under five banners (for now) and will be titled as such:

(1) The Cave: Set in the now, these are based in a fictional superhero-themed, gay-oriented wrestling video company.

(2) Route 69: A 27-chapter spin-off of The Cave. It features two friends driving around the country in a vintage Corvette, looking to find themselves. If it sounds like something out of a 60's TV show, it is and it's my inspiration. Wrestling plays a central role in their adventures, of course.

(3) AWL: Set in the 1980’s, this is the behind the scenes adventures at the country’s second-largest wrestling promotion.

(4) Encounters: This is the catch-all category for one-shot stories. There are new characters and new plots every time. Some serious, some fun. It's whatever moved me at the moment. Maybe a profile somewhere. Maybe a suggestion. They'll be all over the map.

(5) Superheroes: While The Cave is about guys playing hero, I have written a story about superheroes and I might write more.

I’ll use images to show the characters wherever possible, but may have to remove some of them at the request of the person pictured, the photographer or the copyright holder.

Alex

2 comments:

  1. Cant wait! Especially for the Superhero matches hardly anything like that on the net so i cant wait to read those. Have you gave any thought of using celebrities? Also are you going to have a scedule on when your going to post stories or is it going to be random? Cant wait to see whats in coming for your new Blog!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I'm glad you're excited.

      Because I have such a huge back catalogue of stories, i have worked out an aggressive schedule for posting. In March, a new story will come out every two days, starting today. I'm starting with the first nine Cave Stories, three AWL stories and three Route 69 stories.

      Over on my New Stories blog, there will be a weekly story in March and April, posted each Monday. The content of both blogs will align in mid-October. At that point, my thought is that I won't need the New Stories blog any more. I just wanted to create a place where folks who've read my stuff didn't have to wait until May for something new.

      Delete