Wednesday, February 28, 2024

NINE YEARS!

Guys,

It’s another Blog-iversary!

It seems like just yesterday that I was at eight years, three stories into a return to posting original stories on a regular basis. Thanks to everyone who has stuck with the blog, returned to the blog, or discovered the blog over the past year. I hope you’ve enjoyed the stories, the characters, and their journeys.

It was quite a year! Amongst the highlights ...

Beau got closure and a new opportunity. Buck's long winter in Los Angeles came to a close as he finally made his big decision. Xaq and Winston are happily doing whatever they’re doing. Same with Brody and Ram. Jae crossed off a crush and got double-crossed (literally and he loved it). We met one of Cody’s brothers. Master Peace and War Lord dealt with their issues. Mateo’s grudge was revealed and Ryker has officially moved past any issues from his humiliating fall. Jeff and Lee cemented their connection. And The Cave world expanded to include new guys at Asgard Ranch and in Arizona.

Phew!

I've posted 24 new stories since my last anniversary, starting with Beau vs. The Mountain up to Jae vs. Coach Butch. The blog passed 4,000,000 views in August. As the year went on, the stories have gotten more popular in terms of average views in the first seven days, which is great. Views still don’t correlate with comments, but I appreciate everyone who takes the time to say something nice.

Here are the Top Ten stories for my ninth year, based on views for the first seven days (that way it takes posting date out of the equation).
  1. The Cave: The Adventures of SuperStar 20 (06/01/23) 
  2. The Cave Undercard 37: Master Peace vs. War Lord (02/01/24) 
  3. CLAW 12: Ryker vs. Mateo (12/15/23) 
  4. The Cave Undercard 36: Silver Herald vs. Valet (01/15/24) 
  5. The Cave 28: Bane vs. Cage (09/01/23) 
  6. The Cave: The Adventures of SuperStar 21 (02/15/24) 
  7. The Cave Unleashed 15: Zeb’s Asgard Adventure 2 (06/15/23) 
  8. The Cave Undercard 35: Commander Marvel vs. Ram (01/01/24) 
  9. The Cave Undercard 34: Bird Boy vs. Valet (05/01/23) 
  10. CLAW 11: Ryker vs. Xander (10/15/23) 
COMING UP …

Cody fans should enjoy March. He features heavily in both stories. Without spoiling too much, Cody gets some awesome “Cody” moments in the first story as another grudge match between new characters lands in his lap. We’ll also see two fan favorites in the second story, as Cody wrestles an unexpected opponent in an unexpected way. At least unexpected to me. It’s a reader-requested combination that wasn't on my radar, but at the risk of being immodest, worked out very, very well.

When I did my last anniversary, I had stories posted for the next eight months. I’m well behind that pace now. I have only four stories completed for Q2 (April-June) and none past that. I have a lot more started, but the wrestling is taking longer than I expected. And I am writing longer stories. Two of the stories will be posted in chapters (similar to Carter’s Cosplay Turn from July 2023 - counts as one story, but three posts). And Ryan will wrestle in May followed seven days later by him in a bonus non-wrestling, sex-only short story.

Anyway, as I head into my tenth year, I’m still hoping to reach my 250th story, Ryan’s 30th birthday party, which weirdly will not feature Ryan wrestling. I have a plan for it and am excited to get there. Milestones help with motivation.

Thanks for your continued support!

Alex

8 comments:

  1. Congratulations, Alex! What started as a few stories featuring great looking guys has evolved into an entire world of multiple interacting storylines with dozens of different characters, each with their own unique personalities, and many of whom have experienced incredible journeys of self-discovery and personal growth. I’m continually blown away by how you manage to come up with so many great ideas, keep them organized in your head, and express them so eloquently. You give your characters such great dispositions that your readers are able to “bond” with them in a way, which makes your stories much more meaningful. And that’s not even touching on all the great action! :)

    We readers truly appreciate the amount of effort you put into your writing and photo edits, Alex, and we are eternally grateful that you’ve chosen to share your work with us. Here’s looking to more great adventures in the years ahead!

    Sincerely,
    -JS

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! It definitely was not the plan in early 2012 when I sent Bard the first The Cave stories to be here 12 years later, with my own blog and almost 240 stories.

      I’m proud that guys connect with the characters as real people.

      Delete
  2. Congrats on another year! Your stories are always a sexy inspiration!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I always appreciate your comments. They’re inspiration for me. :)

      Delete
  3. Happy Blogiversary! I celebrate mine every year on a website where I blog. Will be 20 years there in a couple of weeks though my posting was erratic at the beginning.

    Can't wait to see what's coming up. I'm sure it will be great

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! Wow, 20 years. I don’t know if I’ll make it there, but that’s great. Milestones are usually great motivation for me, so I’m hoping my 250th story and 10 years of blogging propel me to a great year.

      Delete
  4. Okay, I'm late but I absolutely wanted to wish a happy birthday to you and the entire Cave team. Nine years... what a journey! Days of reading, twists and turns, and good times. Of course, I have my favorite and I must have reread each of Jae's stories a good twenty times... the guy pushes all my buttons (the last story was great by the way). But all the stories are worthy of reading, and the small parenthesis when you stopped writing showed us how precious your work was. I have a suggestion for the 10th anniversary: you sometime talk about the Cavey Awards in your stories, I believe it's time to organize them for good. I know who I will vote for the Best Chest... but there are so many categories to fulfill : best match, hero, villain, beginner, costume, stakes etc. A nice birthday present... for the readers! Regards from France. Dum72

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! Consider yourself part of The Cave team, because your comments are super-helpful and motivating. Caveys for the characters? That’s a really interesting idea. Of course, I haven’t even thought about my tenth anniversary post, yet. It seems so far away. LOL.

      Delete