Thursday, November 29, 2018

Story Preview: December 2018 (Warning: Spoilers)

Here we go ... how does 2018 wrap up? You can either wait and be surprised or click and be spoiled. It's all in your hands.


We're closing the year with a couple of basic man-on-man battles. These stories both feature hot young bucks in unfamiliar territory as they battle mature musclemen. With a lot more on the line than honor, both studs are feeling the pressure. Can they do it?

Encounters: Model Roommates 2

Travis, Handsome Hart Mitchell

Remember Travis? An aspiring model and actor, he was struggling financially and close to getting kicked out of his apartment. When he rejected his roommate Porter's suggestion to become a wrestler for hire, they fought, he lost and his roomie became his de facto pimp. Now, it's time for Travis to start earning his keep. It's his first private match. Will it be his last?

"I don't wanna do it. I HAVE to do it, Jordan.”

I hop out of my convertible, which I can’t afford (hey, it’s LA and we all need a cool car). I’m on the phone with my buddy Jordan. Other than my roommate Porter, Jordan’s the only other guy who knows I’m here. Where’s here? A low-budget motel, outside room 9. I just called to let Jordan know I arrived. He questions my sanity.

I ask, “You gonna pay the shortfall in my rent? Cause that's what wrestling this guy is doing. One little play match and I'm back to square for the month. I walk away and I’m homeless.” I listen then say, “Porter’s not taking any more partial payments." He goes off on my roomie, but I tell him, “Be fair. Porter’s right. I’m short every month.” I listen, “I’m not moving. I’m doing this.”

My buddy keeps talking. I interrupt him, "I don't wanna fight about this again. I just called to tell you where I am. I made a deal with Porter and I need the money. What's so hard for you to get? Now I gotta get changed. I'll call you when I'm done. Bye."

I enter slowly. Everything looks okay. The bathroom is at the back of the room. The door is closed and I hear noises from inside. Okay, looks like we're on. The motel room isn’t bad. Clean, simple and torn up with two king mattresses on the floor. On the dresser, in addition to the TV is an iPad and an envelope. I go for the envelope and find my cash. Phew.

I look at the iPad, realizing that it's not showing the time. It's counting down. There are 14 minutes left on it. I put the money in my bag, setting it down on the desk chair. I put my phone on 'do not disturb'. I'm an aspiring model/actor, working to get a break. I'm 22. 6’2". 180-lbs. Broad shoulders and nice pecs. I've worked hard to look this good. It's not easy. Or cheap.

I’m here because I can't pay my rent. My roommate Porter is sending me out as a wrestler for hire. We fought, I lost and so I’m here. If this goes well, I can continue to live with him in his beautiful beachfront apartment. I breathe in deeply, relaxing and shaking off all the negativity that led to this moment. All right, time to get my look and mind right.

My name's Travis, but while I'm here, I'm ‘Stunning’ Shane Tatum. I don't know much about what's happening. Porter handled everything. I've never even seen my opponent, but he's seen me and is willing to pay big to wrestle me.

CLAW 6: Ryker vs. Hollywood

Ryker, Hollywood

Ryker's on a road trip from CLAW, looking to expand his exposure and his experience. Thanks to his boss Ben, he's got a tryout with the owner of Riot Wrestling in Xenia OH. Can he impress Riot's muscleman owner and earn a roster spot on the monthly shows? Or will he be sent packing back to Arlington with his tail between his legs.

“Hi, I’m Ryker. Nice to meet you, sir.”

As the 38-year old muscular hunk shakes my hand, he says, “Call me Hollywood, sport.”

“Oh, okay. Thanks for your time. I’m excited to get the chance to tryout for your roster. The opportunity to audition for Riot Wrestling is -”


“Stop. You don’t need to schmooze me. You want a job. I got one to offer.” I just nod. We walk in silence as Hollywood leads me across the gym, past the cardio machines and free weights into the adjacent ring area. He closes the large metal door behind us, sealing us in.

I say, “Wow, nice setup.” Hollywood gives me a look, so I add, “No schmooze, sir. I really mean it. It’s very old school. Classic. I’d love to wrestle here in front of the fans.”

Hollywood explains that they usually do one show a month on Fridays. This is different, because they’re doing an extra one for a local veterans charity tomorrow and that’s left him needing more guys. However, if I impress him, there’s a chance that I’ll be offered a regular roster spot moving forward. I tell him that so far I’m usually on two CLAW shows a month, but they’re on Saturdays. I assure him that I can handle the 6-hour drive to Xenia OH on Fridays. He seems pleased that I’ve thought about long-term logistics.

“Ben says you’re a real stud in the ring. Get into gear and show me.” I look around for somewhere to change, but Hollywood says, “Lockers are back in the gym. It’s private. Just change here, sport.”

I nod, “Yes, sir.”

I peel off my clothes as Hollywood watches me. He tilts his head, checking me out. I feel like a piece of meat. I get naked then reach into my bag to get my gear. As my ass sticks out, right at the handsome pro wrestler and promoter, I suddenly wish I’d laid out my stuff first. Stupid. I fish out a crisp white thong and slip it on. It’s not much coverage, but it’s something.

Next, I search for my white practice trunks, pads, socks and boots. My butt is still out. I don’t know why I’m nervous. Well, yes I do. This is my first solo road trip since my boss Ben gave me a second chance at being a pro wrestler. Ben’s awesome and one of the two incredible guys that I really owe for my comeback. He set this up as a new opportunity for me to move past my sex tape scandal (long story) and I really don’t want to blow it. I owe him a lot.

Alex

11 comments:

  1. Ryker. Who doesn’t love Ryker? It’s been a long time coming!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah, he’s been in the wings for a minute, but I think that works in his favor. A lot of these guys are like McRibs. You crave them because they only come out once a year.

      Delete
    2. Hahahahaha. McRibs Hahahaha. H can come out twice. He is better than McRibs hahaha!

      Delete
  2. Mmm, Stunning.

    Nice to see Ryker back. Loved him in his villain match against Jae so I'm always happy to see him in action.

    ReplyDelete
  3. WhooHoo - Ryker! I have a soft spot for him after his introduction. But I'm really intrigued by Handsome Hart. I suspect this isn't going to go well for Travis. It's a good thing he let a buddy know where to pick up the carcass (I love when you use that phrase).

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. LOL, I love that you love the word carcass.

      I like Handsome Hart, so I’m glad you’re intrigued by him.

      Delete
  4. It's always great seeing Ryker and reading about his road to recovery, but I'm particularly interested in learning more about Hollywood. He's an interesting character who we've met a couple times before, but we know very little about him. I'm currently working on a Cave fan fiction mega-event in which Hollywood is one of the cast characters, but I don't even know his name! I've been calling him "Johnny" since he kinda looks like pro wrestler Johnny Curtis, and for some reason he reminds me of a 1950s-era tough guy, when "Johnny" was a popular name. (Plus he's from Xenia, OH, a city which is stuck in a bit of a time warp and maintains a lot of mid-century characteristics.) I'm really looking forward to seeing one of your bio cards on him!

    -JS

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Very cool. You will learn his name (it’s actually Hank) and a little more about his attitude and personality, but from Ryker’s perspective.

      Delete
    2. I posted this comment earlier, but it disappeared for some reason.

      I like the name "Hank"! It's a rugged-sounding, no-nonsense kinda name that seems to fit both the character and where he's from nicely!

      - JS

      Delete
    3. Thanks. I thought it suited him, too, and it kept the ‘H’ thing going (Mr. Handsome, Hollywood).

      Yeah, commenting acts up sometimes. I’ve lost posts at other blogs. Tom’s comments were getting flagged as spam for a while. (Yours didn’t.) And I can’t post via Safari, I have to use Chrome.

      Delete