Friday, January 5, 2018

Review: Chase Addams vs. Toney Rico (BGEast)

Chase Addams: "You're a generic, everyday, 'save-the-day' superhero. And I really hate people like you."

I don't think that BGEast had even posted VOD's for all of catalogue 123 when they launched catalogue 124. It's made me confused about what to watch and review. Anyway, I'm jumping into the latest catalogue, even though I think I've missed something I wanted to see from the previous one.

In total, there are five matches from 124 that I'm interested in. The Ringwars 28 matches featuring Chase Addams and Ty Alexander, the Carter Alexander and Kirk Donahue matches from Kayden Keller's Spotlight and the Florida Fights with Cole Cassidy facing Tyrell Tomsen.

Chase Addams vs. Toney Rico was the first one of the five on VOD release, so it's the first to review here.

And we're off to a good start.

I think these two have a fun chemistry - veteran vs. rookie. Chase is the cocky star - or should I say, the "Charming as Fuck" star. That's what his black trunks say and they do not lie. Chase controls the match action, providing most of the commentary. Early on, he plays amused and bewildered by his rookie opponent's attitude, including Rico's non-stop offers to shake hands. This elicits a "what is wrong with you?"

Toney plays the big naive rookie. I say plays, because of the moves he uses. Still, he reminds us that he's new to the place and the ring, just trying to get his bearings. Rico certainly looks like a pro, in tight shiny silver trunks. I like this contrast, both in looks and in attitude. It gives the match an interesting dynamic. And Toney and Chase certainly seem into the scene, as well.

Toney might be suffering, but he can't
pass up a chance to check out Chase.

Chase welcomes Toney to the BGEast club.

Aw, that's nice. Chase kindly sells the rookie's bearhug.

Things start out fast between the two. It quickly becomes apparent that Toney is pretty powerful, but Chase has the skills to compensate. It's back-and-forth, although I think Chase dominates more. He revels in beating on the rookie, "Nice guys finish last. It's good to be bad." However, while he believes Toney "is just too nice", the newbie has a temper and some skills.

Overall, the action is great. Chase really knows how to work a match. He's creative and confident in his moves and holds, so it all makes sense to me. Toney does a great job, too. He uses plenty of power to hold his own against the smaller stud, including a piledriver and a double over-the-knee backbreaker, moves I always love.

Toney might not be THAT new.

Chase slows the surprising powerhouse down.

Good rookie. Lift him up and do it again.
Practice makes perfect.

I included this for sexiest match on my Besties ballot. There's no sex or nudity in it. So why? From the gear to the guys to the moves, it was just super-hot and fit my definition of sexy. It's fresh and Chase moves very sensually. And the ending really confirmed it should make my list. The winner savors his domination, finishing with a sensual pin. It's all sexy to me.

I actually should've nominated this for more categories (Best Submission, Babyface, etc.), but I got too caught up with the sexy ending and it came at the end of the year, so I'd made up my mind on many categories. Oh well. If it comes up one vote short of a nomination, that's on timing.

Chase makes the most of every move.

Chase learns to respect Toney's rookie power.

Uh, I think this is meant for the advanced class.
I mean, look at that boot on Toney's head. C'mon, man!

In the end, I loved this whole match. The story is compelling. The action is exciting. The chemistry is hot. And the gear is pro-tacular. In hindsight, I should've considered it for more categories in the Besties. Chase makes the match, so I'll have to see how Toney works with other guys, but he's off to a good start.

What are other bloggers saying?


So that's my take. What's yours?

Alex

2 comments:

  1. this is right up my alley. veteran (well somewhat) vs rookie. skill vs size. love the psychological
    as much as the physical. this is one hot match. chase is giving up nearly 40lbs. will check out this match. hot review!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. If it sounds appealing then I think it will be, because it's executed really, really well.

      Delete