Thursday, January 7, 2021

Review: Bull Barrett vs. Nick Flex (MBW)

Full disclosure: This video was sent to me by MuscleboyWrestling.com.

During my blogging hiatus, I also took a hiatus from new wrestling videos and keeping up with blogs. There are a lot of matches that I missed. Great ones, I'm sure. Favorite wrestlers. New wrestlers. Old wrestlers at new places. I'll never be able to catch up but there are some matches that I really wanted to go back and watch. Bull Barrett vs. Nick Flex is definitely one of them. 

Two of MBW's biggest boys.

Bull Barrett is such a perfect stud. From following him elsewhere, I think that he'd hate being called "perfect" because it can be interpreted as others are "imperfect" but regular readers know that I don't use "perfect" that way. I use it for all different kinds of guys who are just the best them that they can be. He's just a perfect Bull. A smart and sexy muscleman who can wrestle, trash talk, be romantic and dominant with the best of them. He even inspired my last pre-hiatus story when I was very short on inspiration (Encounters: Labor Day).

Speaking of perfect, y'all know that I love Nick Flex. I love his body, especially his shoulders and pecs, which are as massive as ever. And I highly approve of his shiny blue pro trunks. He's been one of my MBW favorites since he debuted. He's as confident and skilled as ever. Nick always feels like a guy who loves a challenge, even to the point of leaving himself open for attack.

Big boys delivering big boy action.

Bull brings his power to the MBW ring.

And Nick shows his status is earned.

Bull vs. Nick had to be one of the most anticipated matches of 2020. You've got Nick, MBW's OG big man with a nearly spotless W-L record. Opposite to him, we have a true superstar rookie who I immediately hoped would face every big man on the roster. Both guys only wrestle at MBW, making this a rare exclusive showdown.

It is a ring match, which creates a different dynamic than if they'd been in the small mat room. Although now that I think of it, I'm not sure they could fit in the small mat room with a cameraman. The ring makes the action bigger (just look at those slams), more pro, and less sensual than Bull's other matches. The chemistry is more like worthy adversaries than future fuck buddies. 

Bull is the best dom I've ever seen outside
the ring and brings that into the ring.

Even Bull can make a rookie mistake.

BOOM! The ring shakes when these guys slam.

Action-wise, I didn't pull any clips from the last 12 minutes to avoid any spoilers. These guys go hard at each other for the whole time. The wrestling flows with long squashy stretches of pure one-sided domination before they switch. You get a feeling of the types of moves and holds from my images. There's also some grappling stuff that didn't make my top ten images but is super-hot, too. It's more classic hard-hitting and less overtly erotic. Obviously, we the viewers know it's all erotic as fuck but I mean between the studs.

BOOM! Another ring-shaker.

Those shoulders can break anybody.

Nick is Bull's biggest challenge yet.

In the end, it was great to see a new side to Bull and this was a really good match to come back to. Nick always delivers but so does the rookie. The big men bring their power, determination and skill to the match and I loved it. There is a definitive winner by pin but I could definitely handle a mat room re-match (if they can fit inside at the same time).

What are other bloggers saying? (Are these links helpful? I wasn't sure if I should continue them.)


So that's my take. What's yours?

Alex

8 comments:

  1. This was such a hot match! I love how brutal and dominating Bull can be, even against a big shot like Nick. Bull's trash talk is perfect, and it's especially hot when Nick has enough of the verbal humilation and interrupts with his own assault.
    When I first watched the match I had your Labor Day story in mind, and it was fun noticing how it played with my expectations. Like, I wasn't expecting Bull to so quickly go all out on Nick and try to cut him off before he could even start. It was a nice surprise.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I don't think that anyone would be too big for Bull to handle. :)

      Delete
    2. My current dream match is Bull vs Tristan Baldwin. The trash talking those two could engage in would be explosive

      Delete
    3. That's a really interesting pairing. Good thinking.

      Delete
  2. I absolutely need to check this one out. These are 2 of my favorites at MBW and seeing beefy Bull in that torture rack makes me hard as a fuckin rock!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah, I’d say it’s worth checking out. Enjoy!

      Delete
  3. Personally, I like it when you link to other blogs. I always appreciate it when people link to my blog, the audiences might never crossover otherwise.
    This looks like a hot match, I love the torture rack gif. I'll probably check it out eventually.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Cool. I’ll continue them. I visit six blogs or so, search their tags, and copy the links. It takes a few minutes, so wanted to make sure it’s time well-spent.

      Delete