Sunday, May 27, 2018

Review: JJ Allen vs. Taylor Reign (Muscleboy Wrestling)

Full disclosure: This video was provided to me by Muscleboy Wrestling.

Taylor Reign vs. JJ Allen was released back in catalogue 5 (MBW is now within a fortnight of releasing catalogue 8). As so often happens, it sat on my hard drive for a long time, but I eventually got around to it. I'm not sure why I didn't look at it, as I like both guys, but better late than never.

Taylor takes control of JJ (who doesn't seem to mind).

For those of us who were around and watching wrestling in the 1980's (and only about 41% of you fit that criteria, according to Google Analytics), the concept of the soft-bellied jobber should be a familiar one. For the 59% of you that are too young, I'd describe these unsung heroes of the ring as smooth, pasty and thick cuties, poured into tight light-colored trunks, then thoroughly and completely destroyed by the 'star'.

With guys getting more fit and more covered, plus the whole local jobber thing no longer being part of the way national  groups run, I think this is a passé phenomenon in the modern context. Not for me. And not for the gay underground wrestling world. Why am I bringing this up now?

JJ is a perfect soft-bellied jobber.

Taylor's a wonderful cocky heel.

I agree with Taylor. JJ is delicious.

JJ Allen just screams soft-bellied jobber to me. I hope this doesn't sound insulting. It's not meant to be. He's just a modern version of the classic role. JJ is not as heavy as the 80's guys, but he does have a small, delicious belly that just begs to be punched. He's cute. And pasty. His smooth skin is such a bright white that it's blinding, while his face is a deep red.

And the guy is a complete jobber. He tried to upend Justin Powers in my 2017 Cavey Award winner for Favorite Erotic match (reviewed here), but here, he's all-in for a beatdown from Taylor Reign. I mean, when he just lets his opponent lick him? It's a total jobber scene. Luckily for us, the skinny heel is more than willing to give JJ the beating he so clearly desires.


I'd say this takes the fight out of JJ,
but he didn't really ever have any.

The jobber can't resist erotic attacks.

Fortunately, Taylor is really into JJ, too. He loves owning the adorable jobber, caressing the smooth white stomach, smacking the bubbly white butt and generally breaking JJ down one body part at a time. I love the combination of body-displaying torture and erotic enjoyment that Taylor uses. JJ is a natural-born seller, pretending he doesn't like it, but inviting more and more abuse. What a tease.

JJ is so white, but his face is so red.

The added nipple play makes JJ weak.
Or more accurately, weaker.

Taylor's more than satisfied with his sexy boytoy.

In the end, this is a long, sexy beatdown of a guy who feels like he's right out of the past, but in a modern context. JJ is like "Son of the Soft-Bellied Jobber". He plays his role as the classic pro wrestling archetype beautifully. Taylor makes a great heel, taking advantage of JJ's innate desire to be controlled, humiliated and put through the wrestling ringer.

So that's my take. What's yours?

Alex

6 comments:

  1. Huh. Not sure how I feel about being in the 41% other than old. But of course I remember those awesome soft-bellied jobber beatdowns by the likes of Rick Rude, Paul Orndorff, etc. The arrogant, almost casual squashes, as if the heels are thinking what a waste of their time.

    The timing of this post is serendipitous as another blog (wrestlingarsenal) is talking about Ken Patera and a perfect example of soft-bellied jobber, Billy Joe Travis. A classic example from back in the day. Good times.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. LOL. I'm in the 41%, too.

      Yeah, Wrestling Arsenal is a great source for these classic, but under appreciated studs.

      Delete
  2. Hey Alex,
    Just seeing this now, this is JJ Allen from MBW. Damn, hot review, and I'm honored to be reviewed at all! I'd love to chat more.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. JJ, wow, great to hear from you. I'm glad you liked the review. I never think of the subjects reading them. I also reviewed your match vs. Justin Powers and gave it an award in December.

      My email is milleralexander68@gmail.com if you want to reach out.

      Delete
  3. Love JJ allen have all his videos wpuld love to see him back at mbw great jobber and one of the nicest muscle butts I've seen

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah, I’d love to see him return, too. Thanks for the comment.

      Delete