Thursday, December 21, 2017

Review: Kid Karisma vs. Jobe Zander (BGEast)

A few days ago, Kid Karisma won my Favorite Heel at the Caveys for the second year in a row. Now the BGEast superstar is already out with another winning performance, angling for Favorite Wrestler, perhaps. He's pretty much a must-buy at this point, so Kid Karisma vs. Jobe Zander is one of the matches I've been waiting to make it onto VOD.

It's a bad boy bulge battle from BGEast.

Kid Karisma and Jobe Zander are both hot studs. Kid is stunning here, as usual. In yellow briefs, he's got his usual arrogance and skill that enables him to handle most of his opponents. I'm surprised to see him in a "Bulge Battle", given that I usually think of his back side not his front, but I'll check out Kid any way he wants to show up.

Jobe is blond, tanned and chiseled, his "Centerpiece" on display in tight red trunks. The indie pro is ready and eager to get going, confident and in control. I've seen Jobe come across as a joke before. Obviously, he's well-armed for a bulge battle, but I like that he seems like a real force as a wrestler in this match.

Kid's gunning for Best Body at the Besties again.

Jobe's 'centerpiece' was created for this.

Nice position, Kid.

I figured this would be good, but it's actually better than I thought for a couple of reasons. Bulge Battles" sounds gimmicky to me, but this match is not. Yeah, there are ball grabs and a lot of focus on Jobe's "Centerpiece", but the action is hard-hitting and skillfully executed. There's nothing jokey about this match.

And honestly, I never would've paired these two up. Yes, you have Kid's award-winning butt and Jobe's spectacular bulge. Those two things should go together perfectly. However, my expectation going into this video was that would not happen. So, I expected Kid to dominate, but this is really back-and-forth right up until the end.

The battle gets fierce.

Kid looks amazing from any angle.

Can one ring actually hold these two egos?

The action is amazing. Not quite from start to finish, though. The beginning feels sloppy and I wonder what's what's going on. It's like they're not in sync, but deliberately. The best way to describe my feeling is that it's more like a submission match where you're working against each other and not a pro match where you're working together. It was disconcerting, but not in a bad way. Just a curious way.

However, once the guys get in the groove, this is a really, really good wrestling match. Both guys are on their game. Other than Kid's kicking while Jobe is working, which disrupts the flow, I think it's all excellent. There are a ton of hot holds and smooth moves that you'll want to watch over and over.

I want to give Kid's selling a special call-out. It's really hot and gets me going every time Jobe takes control. With how cocky he is, it makes it all the better to watch him as a victim, his face etched with pain as he's dominated by the bigger pro wrestler. I've seen Kid lose, but I can't remember seeing 'heel' Kid in a match where he's challenged like this.

Huh, Kid knows how to play the centerpiece.
I like the tune.

Jobe is more than capable.

Kid knows some pro moves, too.

It is called "Bulge Battle" after all.

In the end, this was a really intense and exciting match that surpassed my expectations. These guys bring their well-established personas and deliver excellent performances. It's not really a "bulge battle", but if you want a great heel vs. heel fight, I'd definitely recommend this one.

What are other bloggers saying?


So that's my take. What's yours?

Alex

-2018

No comments:

Post a Comment