Thursday, August 22, 2019

Review: Will Favero vs. Kenny Dean (Wrestler4Hire)

In most forms of entertainment (e.g., movies, TV, comics), I don't watch or read things that glamorize and glorify evil people. Shows like Animal Kingdom or comics like Batman Who Laughs are popular, but not for me. However, when it comes to wrestling, it's the heels who often grab my attention and having me cheering for them to unleash their wild side.

That's certainly the case with Will Favero vs. Kenny Dean, currently streaming on Wrestler4Hire.

Dean learns a valuable lesson.


I was attracted to this match because of Favero. I think he's an adorable little muscleman and I've never been disappointed by one of his matches. He's a talented wrestler and I really like him as a badass, which is what he is here. He's got swagger ... do people still say 'swagger'? If not, please let me know in the comments what the new term is ... I want to stay hip ;). Anyway, he's also got a wonderfully expressive face, a rockin' body, and the ability to convey a natural sadistic streak.

Favero really enjoys his work.

Hot for teacher ... even if the lesson is a rough one.

Just ruthless.

Favero is late, because he had things to do. Things that are more important than training with Kenny Dean. The frustrated Dean just wants to get going, but that's a mistake. Favero takes the long-haired loser down immediately then basically squashes him completely. He humiliates the jobber, makes him submit multiple times, pins his sorry ass and basically shows him that he's nothing.

All in a day's work for a badass like Favero. He shows up wearing trunks with a white tee and leather jacket. Not sure if the idea is that he walks around like that or if he went to the change room and chose it, but that's probably overthinking it. The jacket comes off early and the tee about halfway through when Favero needs something to choke Dean with. I'm just glad he stripped down. That torso needs to be exposed.

Don't mess with The Fonz Favero.

You come to the ring with long hair and
you're really just asking for this.

The shirt finally comes off ...
when Favero needs to choke a bitch.

Action-wise, the feisty fireplug runs the long-haired loser through his paces. He ruthlessly and brutally beats, bends and breaks Dean in more ways than I can show. The badass heel is relentless for 19 minutes of wrestling and it's really entertaining to watch. Dean makes a great victim. His body is ripped, his hair is begging to be pulled and he plays a doormat really well. He's the canvas for Favero's portrait of destruction and he's a good one.

Dean's well-suited to the role of victim.

Nasty things come in small packages.

Yeah, I think Dean gets it now.

In the end, Will Favero vs. Kenny Dean brings together two pros, puts them in a familiar story and lets them do their thing. Favero is compelling and his manic evilness is enjoyable. He's sexy and sinister as he crushes the long-haired loser. If you like pro squashes, you should check this one out.

So that's my take. What's yours?

Alex

2 comments:

  1. I read a review of that match long ago, I think it was at Neverland. I think he mentioned something in the line of Will stripping Kenny of any human dignity at all. I knew I had to have that match (which more than lives up to the expectations) and I knew that was the way I had to treat all my jobbers.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Woof, sounds like you’re an awesome heel, dude.

      Yes, I think that’s a very poetic assessment of what Will does to poor Kenny.

      Delete