Sunday, August 11, 2019

Review: Alex Costa vs. Ryan Sparks (Muscleboy Wrestling)

Full disclosure: This video was provided to me by Muscleboy Wrestling.

When I first opened Alex Costa vs. Ryan Sparks, I wondered if this was a classic (i.e., two years old) MBW video that they were sharing with me out of their back catalogue. I didn't think I'd missed an Alex Costa match, certainly not one where he faces an even bigger more muscly opponent, but there are definite signs it's from the early days. After visiting the website, I can confirm that this is a catalogue 15 match and it's a good one.

Alex goes back to jobber-land when
he runs into the big bodybuilder.

Most of you know that Alex Costa is one of my favorites at MBW and beyond. The muscle hunk is physically perfect, hairy, intense and handsome with a bit of edge when he flares his crazy eyes. When he first appeared at MBW, he was learning the ropes and put in the position of being a muscle jobber. I loved it. Since then, he's evolved into a powerhouse who can humble rookies and other muscle beasts. I love that, too. This match is definitely from that early jobber period.

Alex sure has the right instincts.

Gotta wear that hairy hunk down.

That's a lot of man crashing on top of you.

I've already spoiled how this match goes (the images would do it anyway), but it's not a nasty squash. It's a kissy, erotic squash. Ryan Sparks overpowers Alex romantically and demolishes him physically. He gets multiple falls, completely owning the hapless rookie. Alex offers no resistance and is completely overwhelmed as his stamina and willpower are tested for about 18 minutes of wrestling. Who knows, this might've been Alex's first time in a ring.

The guys start in trunks. At the halfway mark, Sparks gets a submission, strips an exhausted Alex into skimpier white briefs then peels off his own trunks to reveal his sheer black jock. By the end, Alex is naked (butt reveal only) for a final camel clutch and pin. Ryan flexes then sits in the corner, jacking off to the site of the wrecked (and satisfied) Alex.

Ryan knows what he wants.

The big man can't keep his hands off.

Yeah, that's all yours, Ryan.

Action-wise, it's very simple. Neither guy is a pro, but they're both strong. Ryan bashes Alex with his fists and elbows a lot, but he does use some wrestling holds and moves like a camel, clothesline, crabs, and over-the-knee backbreaker. The jobber oversells some of the power stuff, but he does a good job suffering in the holds and sweating as he's crushed. His cries of submission and pumped muscles being pinned are the standout moments for me.

Trapped and smothered!

A little incentive to keep those shoulders down.

Who's a happy naked jobber boy? You are!

In the end, I enjoyed this bodybuilder squash. Alex makes a spectacular victim. I'm glad he found his mojo and competitive spirit, but I still love seeing him squashed by a bigger muscleman. He gets into his role and his body is built for wrestling. Sparks has been robotic in every match I've seen with him, but he does his job as a terminator convincingly.

So that's my take. What's yours?

Alex

10 comments:

  1. After watching this match I went back and looked at their previous bout, and I can totally see this as a sort of prequel to the first match. I like that they swapped them though, a lot of Alex Costa matches lately have followed similar beats and although it's a winning formula, it's refreshing to get to return to his jobber roots for a bit.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I totally agree with you. Thanks for the comment.

      Delete
  2. Is Alex Costa on any other sites as well?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. As far as I know, he only wrestles for MBW.

      Delete
    2. Alex only wrestles for muscleboywrestling.com

      Delete
    3. Thanks for the confirmation! That means you have a big responsibility to keep the action coming, though. We're relying on you for our Alex Costa fix.

      Delete
    4. He wrestles for Wrestler4hire

      https://wrestler4hire2.com/products/dimitri-darkthorn-vs-alex-costa?_pos=1&_sid=843655e2e&_ss=r

      Delete
    5. Cool. Good to see him branching out! Thanks for the info.

      Delete
  3. This was so hot, that you should have saved it for a cold winter night!!! Thats my comment!!

    ReplyDelete