Saturday, August 31, 2019

Story Preview: September 2019 (WARNING: SPOILERS)

Spoiler-filled previews for September below the cut ...



September will be full of muscle, both real and cartoon. I end the summer reunion series with a battle between bodybuilders and continue a superhero tale with part 3 of ... well, that would be too big a spoiler if I told you how many parts the story will run.

9/1/19: Encounters: The Family Reunion

David 'DJ' Jackson; Mike 'Big Pow' Powell

The final reunion of 2019 summer is a very common occurrence, but maybe not for wrestling and sex. It is family, after all. However, when David Jackson gets invited to his best friend's family reunion where he's not actually related to anyone, all is fair. After a long six years overseas, memories return, feelings resurface and a secret relationship re-ignites in a big way.

Williams Family Reunion 2019.

“Hey. What up, BP?”

I’m standing behind Mike Powell aka Big Pow aka BP. His head lifts slightly as he asks into the air, “D.J.?” He spins to see if it's really me. When he sees it is, the 28-year old, 6’1”/240-lbs muscleman freezes. He tries to stay chill, but I see the cracks in his calm exterior.

I wait silently, watching his shoulders and arms tense.

Mike finally reaches his hand out, “David Jackson. What are you doin’ here, man?”

We grab hands and bro hug. I breathe in deep, getting Big Pow’s scent again. It's been too long. We hold just a little longer than we probably should, but not long enough so it's weird if anyone is watching. When we break, we just stare at each other again. I'm trying to stop myself from tackling him to the ground. It’s hard not to. I hope he’s doing the same, but I can’t look.

Looking at his handsome bearded face, impossibly broad shoulders and massive pecs in his white tank top isn’t helping. He looks good. Nah, he looks GREAT. It takes me back to the heat of summer 2013, a summer that I still think about today. Six years and my feelings have only grown.

I get why he's surprised to see me at his annual family reunion. We're in a field near a forest and pond in rural Mississippi. Beautiful, but not somewhere you just run into folks by accident. Last he knew, I lived in Germany. He's part of the reuniting family. I'm not. I know over half the 200 people here, but I'm connected by relationships, not blood.

Mike’s younger brother James (family calls him Little Pow or LP, but I don’t - he secretly hates that nickname) was my best friend growing up. We did everything together, including taking each other’s virginity on a fishing trip. I practically lived at Ma Pow’s. She always treated me like I was one of her own, so I've been at a lot of their family functions. Just not recently, because I've been stationed overseas since I joined the army right after high school.

I answer Big Pow’s question as simply as I can, “Ma Pow invited me, my Mom, Dad.”

“Course she did. But where’d you come from? Not all the way from Germany?”

I breathe in deep. Here goes. “No, not Germany. I’m here.”

“Here?”

“I'm officially a civilian again. Served the country. Got my degree. And now, I’m moving back. Got a job in the IT department with Federal Parcel Service. See what happens.”

Mike’s jaw actually drops open. He processes what I’m saying, nodding slowly. We're left staring at each other again. He finally says, “No one told me.”

I shrug, “I told Ma Pow and James. Figured they'd tell you.”

“Really?”

I hesitate, “Yeah. I don't know. I figured it'd be news. Besides, I didn't know how to get to you on the DL. I didn't think I should ask for your number. We’re not even connected on social.”

“I appreciate your discretion, bro. I don’t know if LP - well, you know.” I nod. I do know. We stand in silence. Again. He just says, “Damn.”


9/15/19: Bane of My Existence 3

Crush; Crash; Nightwing; Alfred; Bane; Superman; Batman

What a night in Gotham City and it's not even over yet. An exhausted Batman was defeated by Bane, rescued by Superman and turned over to his faithful butler, Alfred. Unfortunately for our heroes, the dying Alfred is secretly working with Bane to destroy Bruce Wayne to avenge a long-held grudge. Now, thanks to the malevolent manservant, Batman's chained up in the Batcave and Superman is Bane's prisoner - trapped in the Batmobile with a chunk of kryptonite chained around his neck! Is there any hope for a happy ending?

Chapter 1: Henchmen!

The twin black motorcycles eased down the deserted road towards the coordinates with their headlights off. The moon was the only illumination along this desolate unmapped road. Even GPS had no idea it existed. The dense forest formed a canopy overhead, dimming the moonlight. While the lights of Gotham City could be seen in space, they were completely blocked by trees and hills. The riders glided into the trees behind cover.

The wait was on.

The two men slid off their motorcycles, removing their helmets to reveal their covered heads and necks. Black spandex masks left only their intense eyes, noses, frowning mouths and square jaws exposed. The lead biker used his special mapping app to confirm what he already knew. These were the exact right coordinates. He breathed in and out slowly.

The 6’5”/270-lbs Black muscleman went by Crush now. When he looked around, the tall muscleman saw nothing but trees and rock. He knew they were somewhere near the remote mansions of Gotham City’s oldest and richest families. He just didn’t know why. Crush reminded himself that he was on the winning side this time. If his boss wanted him to stand in this forest all night, he would do it. That was a henchmen’s life and he was a very good henchman.

Crush carefully unzipped his black leather jacket, revealing his bare muscular torso. He slipped the jacket off, lying it on his bike. He unfastened the belt of his leather chaps that protected his thick bare legs while riding. He slid them off, enjoying the freedom as the night air whipped over his flesh. He kept his black leather gloves on, along with his tall black leather boots and black spandex briefs. This was his uniform now and he liked it. He had no choice.

Behind Crush, Crash stripped down to his matching uniform. The 5’8”/220-lbs white bodybuilder confirmed that they were in the exact right place. The right place just happened to feel like the wrong place. Crush would have normally resented someone double checking his work, but he understood. They were new partners and blind trust was a luxury neither man could afford.

In unison, the musclemen checked the time. They had not heard from their colleagues, so there was nothing more for them to do but wait. Crush started down the deserted road, his senses on high alert. Crash followed, quietly admiring the big man’s incredible body as he trailed him.After ten minutes, they reached the next coordinates. A gravel turnout in front of a rocky mound and a shallow cave. It was only a few feet deep. They looked in and saw nothing but more solid rock wall.

They looked at each other and listened to the night. Nothing but nature. The dark, creepy and secluded woods would terrify most people but neither man scared easily. They felt confident they could handle any threat that came along. Well, any threat save for one man, but if all went as planned, their days of being ruthlessly brutalized by him were over. Crush adjusted his manhood as he thought about that. Crash licked his lips as his partner’s packed pouch was shifted around.


Alex

2 comments:

  1. Bane of My existence and that incredible line up of superheroes in the image! WOW! WOWOWOW!
    And looking forward to the last Encounter Reunion story. I enjoyed the other two very much!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! It is a star-studded lineup, although two of those heroes are already dealt with, plus I’m adding two henchmen and only one hero. Totally unfair odds!

      Delete