Sunday, June 24, 2018

Review: Ace Aarons vs. Ricky Roma (BGEast)

Ace Aarons vs. Ricky Roma is a direct continuation of the BGEast "Wrestling with Pride" event, but it's pretty easy to figure out what's going on if you haven't watched it. Or is it? Things start out simply, but there is a twist in motivation here that will likely be the determining factor in your enjoyment.

There's a story to this wrestler vs. ref match.

Ace Aarons was the draw for me. He's a sexy, sultry heel with a smoky voice and a captivating swagger. So far, the two videos I've watched have been hit (vs. Ash DeLeon) and miss (vs. Luke Lonza), but Ace was a hit in both. He's a guy who's both a skilled pro wrestler and an erotic presence just sitting on the top turnbuckle.

Ricky Roma is the rookie here. He's a ref, but claims he's also a wrestler. I was talking about soft-bellied jobbers at the end of May and Ricky is very 80's local guy, even down to his choice of gear, which is correctly pulled up high. He's soft and plump, but starts out with a tough guy attitude as he promises to teach the heel a lesson.

Roma loves sexy Ace.

Roma won't be needing those anyway.

I don't think it's a spoiler to reveal that Ricky fails miserably at teaching Ace any lesson. The ref is tired of Ace treating him like crap when he's reffing. Ace is amused. Right from the start, the ref goes down, learning that watching wrestling is much different than actually wrestling. It's a total squash. Ace gets creative as he taunts and toys with his victim.

His willing victim.

In a twist right out of one of my stories, we learn that Ricky never wanted to win. He actually wanted to get Ace to dominate him and fuck him. The challenge was the way to do it. I'm sure he's not the first ref to have a crush on a wrestler and this scenario elevates my interest in this squash. Even though Ricky struggles with the "acting" part of this video, I was able to appreciate his manipulation of the heel, reversing the power dynamic somewhat.

Ace wonders why Ricky didn't just tell him and be honest about it. Uh, that's not how things work. My characters have wondered the same thing. In Route 69: Virginia Beach VA, Steele admits to Jeff, "I picked a fight because I wanted a fuck stakes match with you. You attacked so fast, I forgot to make the stakes." In The Cave Unleashed 4, Corey tells Ramsay bluntly, "How would that have been fun?" With no modesty on my part, Ricky's answer isn't as good as either of these, but I get it.

Ace calls this "The Skull Fucker".

Roma's ref training doesn't mean much as a wrestler.

Ace found a willing plaything.

There's not a ton of wrestling in this squash, but there's a lot of domination. After Ricky's admission, it's more erotic-type action than any particularly memorable moves. And that's my problem with this match. I like the scenario, but I wish it had been more action-packed. Maybe Ricky needed to show some more gumption. I feel like Ace's talent is wasted in these squashes with completely helpless jobbers.

While it's not stated as explicitly, Lazlo Kohl vs. Masked Menace is a better example of a match with a fake tough guy/willing jobber. Lazlo fights back to earn becoming the heel's bottom (review here), which is what I would've loved to see here. And so Ace vs. Ricky has some hot moments, but isn't a video I'll likely re-visit when I have Ace vs. Ash to look at.

Does Ace want want Roma is offering up?

Drink up the humiliation, jobber. Drink it up.

In the end, this works if you like the scenario. I'm thinking it's best if you'd put yourself in Roma's position, manipulating a hot wrestler into a sexual squash that satisfies your base jobber instincts and results in a humiliating squash.

So that's my take. What's yours?

Alex

No comments:

Post a Comment