Wednesday, June 13, 2018

Eye of the Cyclone: Reap What You Bow

I've been a member of Eye of the Cyclone for quite a while. Bard has covered a few of the stories over the years, but I never really have. I don't know why. I like the site enough to pay for it, but maybe the structure makes it harder to blog about. Anyway, doesn't matter. I finally decided to talk about the site, thanks to a tweet about one of their classic series.

Our hero, Will Bowman.
Love those tights.

EOTC is the only consistent, reliable source of quality gay superhero content that I'm aware of. People dabble, but EOTC has been doing it for years. New content is loaded each week. It's usually stories, profiles and/or brief videos. Stories are shared as chapters, posted one at a time, with about 30-40 images per chapter. Profiles give you more info into the characters and feature solo images of the studs in various poses and looks. One of the newer elements on the site are short videos (around 3 minutes) depicting superhero torture, nudity and subjugation. The Cyber Hound and Spider-Stud ones are really nice.

They're great about keeping to their schedule of weekly updates. I don't remember them ever missing a week. EOTC has posted early if there's a scheduling issue, so that's pretty impressive. Most of the stories follow the same formula, but the models are hot, the costumes are on point and unlike most guys who try to make hero stuff, I find that the creators at EOTC "get it". I'd like to see more heroes winning/escaping in the end, but I can work with it.

The Interface. Images (expandable) and text (hot).
Easy to navigate and there are bigger versions for all
the images when you find one that's particularly hot.

In this two-part video, Cyber Hound
 becomes the villain's plaything.

This three-part video has a mind-controlled Spider-Stud
forced to strip (and more) for our amusement.

This post was inspired by a recent tweet about a particular favorite of mine. Back in 2008-2009, "Reap What You Bow" appeared. Over 11 chapters and 337 images (by my unofficial count), we are treated to a young archer investigating, battling, winning, losing, getting bound and facing a diabolical trap where he desperately needs to be smart enough to figure a way out.

Will Bowman is played by my favorite EOTC model ever. He's long ago moved on and his characters have been re-cast, but he was the guy (as the cocky young stud Flex) who originally inspired me to join. The model for Will played multiple characters, always gorgeous, but with different personalities. I think Will Bowman was his most capable persona. This is a hero who doesn't go down easily and behaves like a hero should. Plus, those thin green tights are incredibly sexy, leaving little to the imagination.

After overcoming a gaggle of demons,
Will Bowman is surprised by the real villain.

The villain shreds Bowman's tunic.
I approve.

Bowman is a strong, capable hero,
even without his arrows.

Whoops. The hero is overwhelmed.
That stomach was made for punching.

SPOILER ALERT! One of the things I like most about this story is the ending. Most of the EOTC stories end with the hero completely defeated (or worse). I love traps, but like Batman '66, I want my heroes to prove why they're heroes. Be strong. Be smart. Be determined. Even be lucky. I want them to fight another day. Anyway, the conclusion of the Will Bowman's story is my favorite on the site and most aligned with my preferences.

Defeated. What fate awaits the handsome hunk?

The awesome archer can struggle,
but he can't escape.

The villain has more planned
for the brave hero.

Can Will Bowman survive this
nefarious torment?

In the end, "Reap What You Bow" hit a lot of buttons for me, working really well thanks to the model, the costume, the scenario and the ending. EOTC does remove old stories off the site, but RWYB is currently up and available as I write this.

Alex

5 comments:

  1. I have had my eye on that website for a while, but never knew if I would find a lot of the models hunky enough. Maybe i'll subscribe for 1 month and see if I like it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's probably the easiest way to tell. I like a lot of their models, but only you'd know if they're hunky enough for you.

      Delete
    2. This " Will Bowman" is quite easy on the eyes I must say

      Delete
    3. I've visited the site and it looks hot! love the comic book theme. gonna give it a test run. did u join up btw? recommendation?

      Delete
    4. You might want to reach out to Muscle Lover on his blog. Not sure if folks ever check back or if they click the notify of a reply option.

      Delete