Wednesday, October 11, 2017

Review: Beauxregard vs. Calvin Haynes (BGEast)

You know the old expression, “it's not you, it's me”? People never mean that. Like never. Until now. In this case, I really do mean it. It's 100% me. In my excitement over this BGEast pairing, I jumped on it, failing to notice one little detail. It's a Wrestle Worship video. Yeah, I really wanted to see these two in a match. Just not this one. However, I'm a big enough man to admit that it's my fault, not theirs. It's branded right. The description is right.

It's not quite the big boy battle I expected.


So, why am I even posting about it, since I made a mistake VOD-ing it?

Well, for a few reasons. I think this pairing has broad appeal, so you guys will probably like seeing the pics and reading about it. It's different for BGEast. I think it's good to feature unique types of matches, because my tastes aren't your tastes. It's not a bad video. It's just not the video I wanted when I VOD-ed it. And a bit of tension can make a review more interesting.

Two super-hot studs.

So sexy.

Calvin crushed by mature muscle.

There's about 4 minutes of intro, 14 minutes of “wrestling” then the rest of the time is spent rubbing and hugging in thongs (9 minutes). I think of Thunders Arena when I think of this kind of thing. While this goes a little further than Thunders worship videos, it doesn't go not all the way. The two studs exit to finish whatever they're planning away from prying eyes.

I'd say “spoiler alert”, but we all know that Beauxregard will win in the end, regardless of the type of match. I mean, look at him, look at Calvin Haynes and look at their past appearances. And this inter-generational dynamic with older destined to beat younger is freaking hot. Of course Calvin does put up a little fight. So, it is a little back-and forth, but it's all more playful than hard-hitting.

Very nice.

Calvin gets his moments.

The younger hunk makes Beaux work for it.

Overall, because it's a flirty foreplay match, the action lacks the intensity that I think would better suit two beefy studs like this. There's no tension between them. It's not a battle for top. Beaux isn't particularly dominant in an overt way. It's just two hot guys fooling around then settling into their pre-determined roles. Calvin’s submission is given, not taken, if that makes sense.

I have no doubt that these two were into each other. I mean, why wouldn't they be? However, I did find the worshipping part … awkward. It looks almost uncomfortable at times, especially when hands stutter on hard flesh. I think I prefer my worship smoother and lighter. For the most part, I was done being interested some time before the 20-minute mark.

Big Beaux bends his beefy boy.

Calvin squirms helplessly as he's smothered.

Calvin does look great.

In the end, I learned another lesson about leaping before I look. BGEast put out a Wrestle Worship video featuring two hot studs and that's exactly what this is. For me, though, it's kind of a waste of two uber-hot, talented hunks who are capable of more.

One positive is that it does make my fantasy match of Calvin being dominated by Colby Jansen a lot easier to imagine (suggested in this post). Up to now, Calvin’s jobbed for smaller and leaner guys. His willingness to give himself to big Beaux means I'm sure he'd go for a bigger, dominant version of himself.

So that's my take. What's yours?

Alex

5 comments:

  1. Just based on the review, not having seen the video but knowing these two, I'd have to agree that it seems a waste of potential. What a great pairing this could be (and oh yes Calvin v Colby please please please Wrestling gods!). I would really like to see a hard hitting match between these two - older stud v younger stud, mature rock solid muscle v younger beefy hairy muscle, the experienced aggressor doling out a lesson to a younger, hesitant student. Any way you slice it these are two stunning men, and I'm sure the visuals are...appealing...here, but, still, it seems a shame to let this particular talent hold back. (And again I'll appeal to the Wrestling gods - Calvin v Colby!! I'll gladly ref that match.)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks. I think there'd be a line to ref that match. If you do get the chance, make sure you spend a lot of time checking for foreign objects at the beginning. And handsy refs are always fun. :)

      Delete
    2. Heel turn refs are fun, too. ;-)

      Delete
  2. Calvin wrestles in two video's for MuscleBoyWrestling.com that are pretty darn good if you haven't seen them. (more of him to come). His MuscleBoy name is Steve Tanner.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I actually have both, but I have yet to watch the one with Bruno.

      Delete