Sunday, February 18, 2018

Review: Calvin Haynes vs. Richie Douglas (BGEast)

Who the hell is Richie Douglas?

That's what I thought when I saw the BESTIES winners for this year. It's like when some obscure artist wins at the Grammys, except I don't write a music blog. I write a wrestling blog. Shouldn't I know who this guy is? Anyway, turns out there's a Richie Douglas who has wrestled 8 matches at BGEast, starting a few years back in catalogue 104.2. Huh.

This veritable unknown (to me) won in two categories: Top Babyface and Best Submission with Kayden Keller. And more people voted for him in Best Body than Carter Alexander and Mitch Colby. That last bit is shocking in my opinion, but to each his own. Either way, Richie Douglas vs. Calvin Haynes became the perfect chance to check him out. I love me some Calvin, so I would've bought this anyway.

I can trust super-stud Calvin Haynes
to give me a good look at Richie Douglas.

I kind of get why I missed Richie Douglas for so long. From his generic name to his boy-next-door looks, he's definitely cute, but not necessarily a guy who stands out. And I'm not sure how much coverage he's gotten on other blogs, but it doesn't feel like he's gotten a ton. Anyway, i think he's a guy you need to see in action. And now that I've seen him, I like him.

In this match, Richie sports sexy gold trunks that lace up on the side. I actually don't think they suit the outdoor setting, his personality or his body shape, but they do have one selling point. They thrust his bulge out nicely, but it's like he lacks the booty to hold them up. Meanwhile, Calvin Haynes looks beefier than usual, decked out in white squarecuts.




Hairy and handsome, Calvin’s awfully cocky for a total jobber. Yeah, he outweighs Richie, but he's lost to smaller guys before. It's kind of his thing. Of course, Richie’s not intimidated, giving as much attitude as he gets. I like their chemistry. Calvin is overtly into Richie right away, admiring his adorableness and lean body. Richie’s interest seems more platonic, but still playful.

There are quite a few submissions here. I don't think either guy is counting, because I'm still not sure the “winner” actually got the most submissions. Maybe they're using the Thunders Arena approach where last man standing is the winner. Or maybe they don't care. After all, what kind of nut counts things like that? Just me, I guess. Either way, this is a back-and-forth battle.




The action is mostly smooth. The initial lock ups are a little awkward, but once they engage, things move nicely. Richie is able to maneuver the hairy hunk into classic mat holds, like a full nelson and crab. Calvin uses his power advantage with bearhugs and an over-the-shoulder backbreaker. His legs crush the lightweight in body and head scissor holds. There's no anger or viciousness on display, but it's still intense. Both guys clearly want to win.




In the end, I really liked this fun and flirty mat match. Contrasting studs in an even match that features a lot of sexy, body-displaying holds. They were both into it, which draws you in. It's a different video for Calvin, as he actually keeps fighting when the smaller stud takes control. From what I've seen before, once you get him down, the beautiful beefcake is all yours.

Richie does a good job here. I didn't get his award-winning status from this, but I did decide to check out his match with Kayden, so that's a plus. I'll have a review of that up next.

What are other bloggers saying?


So that's my take. What's yours?

Alex

4 comments:

  1. What do I love about Richie?? Several things. Its that smile, those nipples, the lovely abs...and of course, that great bulge that really grows during his matches. Unfortunately, the gear he wears doesn't allow that bulge to be showcased as well as it could be. But, regardless, he's still one of my favs :) Thanks for allowing me to post. Scott

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You're welcome, Scott. I love comments, so thanks for sharing your thoughts. I didn't see any growth during this match, but his bulge was definitely on display in this match!

      Delete
    2. I highly commend to you Richie's match vs Mason Brooks. Mason really brings out something extra-sexy in Richie. The match has a lot of good back and forth, and when Mason is in control he puts Richie on great display. This match has quite a bit of Richie's growing bulge to enjoy, as well as that cute ass. Some great submissions and sleepers. This is Richie's most erotic match released so far, with Mason taking liberties throughout.

      Delete
    3. Thanks for the reco. Mason's another guy I've never seen in action, but at least I've heard of him. :)

      Delete