Wednesday, February 14, 2018

Valentine's Day 2018


We are young. Heart ache to heart ache, we stand.

No promises. No demands.

Love is a battlefield.

We are strong. No one can tell us we're wrong.

Searching our hearts for so long.
Both of us knowing.
Love is a battlefield.

You're begging me to go.
You're making me stay.

Why do you hurt me so bad?

It would help me to know.

Do I stand in your way?
Or am I the best thing you've had?

Believe me, believe me.
I can't tell you why.

But I'm trapped by your love.
I'm chained to your side.

(Love is a Battlefield, Pat Benetar - 1983)

I don't normally post anything on the 14th of the month, because a story appears the next day, but I was just in the mood and thought this would be fun. And as an 80's kid, I love this song, plus it seemed right.

Happy Valentine's Day.

No comments:

Post a Comment