Sunday, September 9, 2018

Review: Scrappy vs. Cap (Thunders Arena)

Newbie Cap faced great line-up of opponents during his debut week at Thunders Arena, but none bigger than Scrappy. It's a great opportunity, but there's also a risk of being overshadowed by his larger-than-life personality. Facing your buddy who's also still kind of new (Cason) or a jobber who's great with rookies (Blayne) is one thing, but this is the big leagues. So, does Cap rise to the occasion? Does Scrappy let him?

Cap gets his shot at Thunders biggest star.


"So far, [Scrappy's] appeared the least, just one match plus a brief mini-match (less than 7 minutes of action). This is too bad, because he seems to have a lot of potential." - From my first review of Scrappy on August 5 2016.
Talk about an understatement. I was right two years ago that Scrappy had potential, but even I couldn't have imagined how much. Physically, Scrappy's evolution from boy to muscleman has been dramatic. At 5'6"/160-lbs, he was ripped but small. Now, he's comparatively huge without losing any of his proportion and definition. Personality-wise, he's got unmatched swagger and arrogance to match his superstar status.

Scrappy's packed on the muscle
to reach perfection status.

Cap's sporting sexy stars. 

Scrappy's shorts show off his assets.

Scrappy vs. Cap is divided into two parts. It starts off as Thunders often does. The guys are sitting on the sofa. They're chatting. Egos emerge. Wrestling ensues. The whole video is back-and-forth, although Cap might be slightly more dominant. Still, both guys do well whether dominating or suffering.

In the first half, which happens in the living room, there's a ton of wrestling. I really love seeing Scrappy's amazing body put on display. You definitely see that with a great backbreaker. Cap pulls Scrappy's hair, which I always love. And Scrappy punishes the rookie with his legs and fists. The full nelson shows Cap off at his best.

I think somebody's into gut-punching.

He might be a rookie, but Cap's a fighter.

Scrappy's done with the living room.
Time to get serious.

Eventually, Scrappy has enough of the living room. He carries the rookie off to the garage. In the new setting, you get extended action. The holds are longer. There's flexing and showing off. There are bearhugs and scissors. Sleepers and knockouts. Some humping and domination. And more of the chemistry that made the first half fun.

The back-and-forth battle continues
and the bodies get more pumped.

Does Scrappy win in the end?

Or does the rookie topple the superstar?

In the end, this is the best of the three Cap matches I watched. This is a quintessential Thunders video with all the elements that made me a fan. Cocky young punks. Strong chemistry. Playful rivalry. Muscles in skimpy suits. Back-and-forth action that shows off those muscles. It's an amazing performance for both studs and definitely re-watchable.

What are other bloggers saying?


So that's my take. What's yours?

Alex

15 comments:

  1. Alex, Check out Cason's package here:
    https://cdn.gayhoopla.com/images/gallery/2018-01-01-max-warner/gayhoopla-max-warner-12.jpg

    https://gayhoopla.com/images/models/240x450/max-warner.jpg

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, I've actually seen photos of some of his other work. He's a gorgeous hunk.

      Delete
    2. I wish Sean Costin would do some wrestling videos. HOT DAMN!!!

      Delete
  2. Alex,Yes he sure is! I am kind of bummed why Viking is not doing any videos with TA. He is the most manly hunk in TA. Hope he comes back! :(

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I like Viking, too. The way Thunders Arena releases stuff, it’s hard to know who’s coming back and when. It’s only been a few months since Viking last appeared.

      Delete
    2. He's hasn't appeared in any recent matches because of moving for his job or something along those lines. It mentions it in the blog section of the Thunders website.

      Delete
  3. So glad I found your blog, Alex... We seem to have similar taste!
    Scrappy is my number one favorite in every way -- would be in heaven if he could somehow have matches vs Tanner Hill and Topher Dimaggio!!
    Thank you!
    madrasman

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You’re welcome! You never know who’ll show up where but those are matchups I’ve never considered. Scrappy should be in demand for everyone. Tanner seems too small for Thunders but maybe as a TAK type but could maybe fit into W4H. I don’t know Topher.

      Delete
  4. DAMN! A match between Scrappy and Topher D. would be hot. Great idea!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Okay, apparently I need to head to google and see if I can figure out who Topher is.

      Delete
  5. Alex, I don't know if you know Davy Michael but I saw on his Instagram page that he was going to do some filming for a "Wrestling Company" and it showed a picture of him with Scrappy but I never saw him at Thunders. Since you have a rapport with Mr. Mike maybe you can ask. He's 6'3" tall and 260 pounds. He'd be awesome in your stories as well. Let us know if you can find out.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I don’t know him but I can ask. He definitely sounds like he’s Thunders size. I know that Scrappy works for Thunders, Wrestler4Hire and Marco’s custom video efforts. I haven’t seen him anywhere else.

      Delete
  6. Replies
    1. I don’t have any idea. I only know him as Scrappy.

      Delete