Saturday, March 9, 2019

Review: Braden Charron vs. Meat (BGEast)

I'm stepping back one BGEast catalogue to post about Braden Charron vs. Meat. I VOD'ed it a while ago, but my review kept getting pushed because February was so jam-packed. I've finally got an opening to post it. There are five videos I was initially interested in from catalogue 134. I've reviewed one, but four are not available on VOD yet. What usually happens is that I'll end up watching one or two more and forget about the others.

Braden's got a taste for beef as he wrecks Meat.

Meat's the new guy here, but Braden Charron's just as new every time I see him. I can't think of anyone else who changes between bodies and personas like he does. This time, we have mature and ripped Braden in full arrogant heel mode. He's rocking his tiny blue posers and flexing his gym-built physique every chance he gets.

What about the new guy? Meat feels familiar, but in the catalogue description, he's identified as a BGEast fanboy (fan-man?). The beefy and bald rookie looks bigger than his stats, but maybe that's because Braden is short and trim. The big guy nicely fills out his baby blue trunks, the pale trunks giving a clue to his role in this one.

Braden's in shape for this battle.

Let's all admire this hunk's crushed carcass.

Muscle crushes beef in this one.

I'm always surprised when people who say they don't like squashes buy squashes, but you guys know I like a lot of squashes. This video is sold as a Demolition video and it is a Demolition video. It is a 99% squash with the jobber only getting one move in during the entire video. I bought it thinking it'd be hot to see beefy big boy Meat crushed. And it is. He's a really good victim and Braden owns the role as muscular crusher.

I liked it, but ...

... after watching this, I was left thinking that I would've liked to see more from Meat. I think a competitive Ringwars match would've been more interesting and engaging. Everyone does everything well and does what they're supposed to, but this muscle vs. beef pairing got my mind thinking more about the possibilities than the actual action.

Someone's enjoying being the bad guy.

Meat has one sign of life. This is it.

Tap, fanboy! Tap!

Action-wise, there's round 20-minutes of body-crushing brutality as Braden beats the beefy brute down. He slams, squeezes and crushes. The familiar moves include bearhugs, bodyslams, camel, crab, pec claws, scissors and a torture rack. Meat sells them well like a good jobber. Braden does a lot of posing and a good job trash talking the helpless hunk like a veteran heel.

The bigger they are, they better they slam.

Beefy Meat's rocking his jobber trunks.

Ripped!

In the end, this video is exactly what is advertised. It's pure Demolition of a beefy fanboy who gets more than he bargained for from a muscular wrestler. If that interested you, you'll likely like this. Braden is a beast here, ripped and ruthless. Not sure if Meat's a one-hit wonder (what with the 'fanboy' catalogue description), but I'd love to see more from the big guy if he has a future outing.

What are other bloggers sayings?


So that's my take. What's yours?

Alex

7 comments:

  1. He does look familiar. Is he one of the Calabrese brothers from NRW wrestling? Sure looks similar.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That’s a great guess. Ken has a chest tattoo, but it’s different and on the other pec.

      Delete
    2. Yes I see the difference now. They are not the same man but they still look similar to me. Oh well he might be truly a new piece of "meat".

      Delete
    3. Yeah, but maybe that’s why he felt familiar because when you wrote that, I thought it could be him. Meat might just be like other guys.

      Delete
    4. Exactly. I must say I would rather watch Braden get totally destroyed instead of becoming a heel. The more built he gets the better he looks getting demolished.

      Delete
    5. Have you seen the 16 match bundle released by Cameron over at Wrestler 4 Hire? One of the matches has Braden getting totally destroyed by a huge masked heel that could be approaching 400 pounds. Braden from the pictures is reduced to a quivering hunk layed out.

      Delete
    6. Yeah, I actually bought it. I often put my own story over videos anyway, so that's what I'll do here.

      It looks like Braden is going to suffer a few times.

      Delete