Sunday, May 12, 2019

Review: Garrett Thomas vs. Guido Genatto (Wrestler4Hire)

I almost moved this review when I realized I was posting about Dirty Daddy on Mother's Day (in many but not all countries). I thought it might be weird, especially since Garrett and Guido mention his nickname many times, calling him 'Filthy Father' throughout. However, the more I thought about it, the more I liked it. I really couldn't think of anything more appropriate for the day, so here we are.

Talented pros bring old school joy.


This is Wrestler4Hire's sweet spot.This is a shorter video - just 15 minutes - but that worked for me. As I've mentioned, I have a short attention span for this stuff. Hour-long events better have natural ... stopping points or I'll get bored. These two run through a lot of moves that are really hot and when it was done, so was I. I love that it's back-and-forth, giving me the joy of seeing these hot heels dominate and get dominated.

Garrett surprises the Dirty Daddy.

Not so fast, prettyboy ... this isn't a squash!


Since I love contrasting guys, pairing these two is immediately interesting to me. They're both talented pros, but they're so physically different. Long-hair vs. shaved head. Smooth vs. hairy. Lean vs. beefy. Ripped abs vs. thick gut. Flashy in gold trunks vs. barefoot in basic (and tiny) red briefs. Of course, they're both cool and confident, but even personality-wise, they're different kinds of badass.

Garrett learns one of the perils of wrestling a hairy beast.

Guido understands fan service.

Garrett looks great in gold.

Action-wise, this feels very old school to me. It starts with a classic collar-and-elbow and some reversals into arm holds. Doesn't get more classic than that. It's methodically paced. Not slow in a bad way, but in the good way where you can actually enjoy seeing the guys apply the hold and the victim suffer in it. Both guys get knocked out. Scissors play a big role. Guido's meaty torso and legs look great on display, but of course so does Garrett's chiseled chest and abs.

Good old-fashioned reversals.

Go ahead and flex ... you're knocking out the Filthy Father!

The beefy brute chills as he chokes out
the long-haired hunk.

In the end, these two deliver. I really enjoy seeing both guys in both roles, so the action is perfect for me. It's smooth, sexy and fun with friendly intensity. They work well together and it feels like they respect each other, even as they battle for top pro. I love the contrasts in their appearance.

So that's my take. What's yours?

Alex

4 comments:

  1. I agree with you about those long matches having a hard time holding my interest. This is about right. And yeah the contrast is fun. I always enjoy watching Dirty Daddy wrestle in his pro guise. The harder and rougher the match the more he seems to - obviously - enjoy himself. I didn't realize Garrett was among the pro ranks, though (surmising based on one of your captions). But he does look a little like Matt Riddle. Anyway, very hot seeing them both on the receiving end.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I feel like I read he was a pro, but now that you say that, I don’t actually know his pro name or if I’ve ever seen him as one. He just seems like a pro wrestler whenever I’ve seen him.

      Delete
    2. Garrett Thomas's pro name is Rhett Titus.

      Delete
    3. Thanks! Your pro name should be Rock Starr.

      Delete