Saturday, May 18, 2019

Review: Kurt Fletcher vs. Spencer Hawkins

Full disclosure: This match was provided to me by Muscleboy Wrestling.

It's been a while since I watched a video with two guys I've never seen anywhere. Kurt Fletcher vs. Spencer Hawkins features two MBW rookies and two guys that I know next to nothing about. If I'm being honest, I probably wouldn't have bought it, but since it was shared with me, I figured I'd check it out. And I'm glad I did.

Rookies bring it to the mat room.


Sexy, young Spencer Hawkins looks like a muscular UCW wrestler to me. With minimal body ink, his ripped body is obvious and easily enjoyed in shiny and tiny orange trunks. He's (comparatively) tall, cute (ear gauging notwithstanding) and blond, but what I really like is his eager personality. He's all-in to wrestle. He sweats, suffers and dominates with the confidence of an experienced hunk.

Long-haired Kurt Fletcher has appeared elsewhere, but this is the first time I've seen him in action. He's shorter and lighter than his younger foe, but he's unafraid. The older (comparatively) stud is also in orange briefs, socks and boots. The shared color is a bit of a talking point at the start, getting the boys chatting.

Spencer is a hot young man.

Long-haired Kurt's no slouch, either.

Sell it, Spence.

There's nothing 'rookie' feeling about these two. Both of them are aggressive and expressive. This is a G-rated MBW video, so don't expect nudity or sex at all. It's all about the wrestling. Things are kind of back-and-forth. I say kind of because there are actually three long stretches of domination, rather than a couple of minutes of one guy then the other, etc. One is in control longer. Luckily, I think it's the right one suffering most of the time.

Kurt brings the heat.

This young stud isn't gonna get pushed around.

Hold him up. Make him think about what's coming!

Action-wise, things are pretty intense. The punishing moves are really solid, with fists, feet and even head butts, which you don't see very often. They don't GIF well, because I couldn't get the moment of impact to appear ... it always seemed to be one of the frames left out in conversion. It's too bad, because it's one of those classic pro moves that you don't see very often. There are a lot submission-style holds, too, so you get great body views.

The guys go steadily for the 29 minutes. It's no wonder they're so sweaty. And they are very sweaty, so if that's your thing, you'll like this. Kurt is especially gleeful when he's punishing sexy Spencer (and why wouldn't he be?), but the younger stud is having fun, too.

Measure him up then drop it hard.

It's a big slam on the young buck.

It's tough to hold a guy when you're
both soaked with slippery sweat.

In the end, I really enjoyed this rookie rumble. It was smooth and the guys were great. I'm more of a Spencer Hawkins guy, but Kurt did a good job. I like that they seem to understand the whole point of wrestling in front of the cameras. It all comes together for a fun and intense rookie battle.

What are other bloggers saying?


So that's my take. What's yours?

Alex

4 comments:

  1. I was already considering buying this one. Your review has intrigued me further. The guys clearly are into it and look great drenched in sweat. Spencer reminds me a bit of Skip Vance, which is a good thing, I think.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Cool. I’ve never actually seen a Skip Vance video, so I don’t know what he’s like.

      Delete
  2. It’s always to see gifs of guys that are so into the match that they are literally drenched in sweat. And those slams are pretty hardcore. You just made this videos sales go up Miller. Intense.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! Selling videos is never my intention or interest - I try to informational not promotional - but with new guys, I’m sure a little exposure always helps. I’m often wary about spending on complete unknowns.

      Delete