Saturday, April 4, 2020

Review: Bull Barrett vs. Johnny Greco (Muscleboy Wrestling)

Full disclosure: This video was provided to me by Muscleboy Wrestling.

I don't ask producers for videos. I do get them occasionally, as you always see with my disclosure notices. Sometimes, I think "wow, they really know me" and sometimes, I think "wow, they don't know me at all". Bull Barrett vs. Johnny Greco lands squarely in the former category. It is exactly the type of match I love. It's the first catalogue 19 match I've watched (I bought Brad vs. Gabe and Brendan vs. Rex), but I suspect that it'll be my favorite because it doesn't get better than this for me.

Brand new big boys bring it to the MBW mats.

Both guys are rookies, so there's an air of mystery about them at the start. Well, mystery solved ... I love them both. There's hairy hunky Bull Barrett, a British (I'm terrible with accents but I think that's right) brute who's come over to bash muscleboys. He's bearded, tall and packed into animal print trunks. Simply gorgeous and oozing classic rugged masculinity. Woof doesn't even come close to covering it.

And there's Johnny Greco. He's muscular, handsome and macho, too with his thick black beard and heaving pecs. Johnny is a pint-sized powerhouse - just 5'6". The height thing is interesting because I thought Bull was like 6'3" and Johnny was 5'10" and only noticed I was adding four inches when I went to add links to this review. I don't think it matters other than to say that they both wrestle big.

I picked this because I just love seeing
muscle guys get dragged across mats.

Both men find their glory.

This long bearhug (yes, I sped this up 4X) is so good
from both guys - Bull's power and Johnny's struggling.

This is a little more back-and-forth than my images suggest but I fell in love with both guys while the hairy hunk was bashing the smooth beefcake, so that's where my choices landed. As things go on, it's not 50/50. Bull's times on top go on longer. He hits harder and bends Johnny more brutally. The bigger muscleman appears quite skilled and capable at breaking musclemen down.

The hairy sexy beast is more memorable on top not because Johnny's not good, but because Johnny is so delicious as victim. I think jobber-lovers, like Sean Pford, will love love, love Johnny Greco. He's such a buff muscleman that seeing him manhandled is amazing. I'm sure he'd dominate against a lot of the roster, but just had the good luck of being paired with Bull for his first match.

Bull loves to bash the buff boy's body.

Even a camel clutch is a chance to bash those meaty pecs.

I bet those abs could withstand a sledgehammer.

Action-wise, this match is super-hot. If you want to know how hot, everything you see here is from the first half of the video. Yep, I left favorites like a rack, a piledriver, bearhugs (both ways), etc. on the cutting room floor. For really good matches, I always have extra images and GIFs but this one was really hard to decide.

Bull really likes to beat on Johnny's muscles with a penchant for clubbing forearms. If I did clever titles, I definitely would have used something with the word 'club'. Clubbing for dollars? Club mad? I don't know, because I don't do clever titles for exactly this reason. Johnny returns the favor, unleashing his own power whenever he gets the chance.

Johnny has his hope spot bashed.

Big boys doing big boy things.

Johnny's a smart jobber, powering out of the pin
only after giving us a good view.

In the end, these two rookies make a big impression. The video is perfect for me with two big strong guys using their power to bash, smash and generally dominate each other. Bull is a delight as a classic, timeless heel-type and Johnny is a perfect muscle jobber. We'll see how they develop but they couldn't ask for a better debut.

What are other bloggers saying?


So that's my take. What's yours?

Alex




9 comments:

  1. This was also my first pick from the catalogue; both guys are my type and the action looked back and forth enough for my tastes. And indeed, it is a very hot and sexy match. I had to rewind a few times to take in how thick Johnny and Bull's muscles are.

    Going into spoilers a bit, I did have a small wish for Johnny to have quickly submitted Bull during his first turn on top. It would've been especially humiliating since it's so difficult to submit Johnny himself(my favourite detail about him), and would have fuelled Bull's rage and revenge that much more.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That’s a very cool idea. I love the moments where a guy actually submits, which is why I usually focus on multi-fall matches.

      Delete
  2. Great write-up, as always. You're very good at convincing me to go buy videos that my cheap side was thinking about passing on! You did mentioned their gear choices briefly, but you didn't go on and on about them as I would've -- the amazing striped bikini on the bearded hunk, those sharply contrasting stripes and red piping that accentuate every nook and cranny. Then the sexy animal-print speedo worn by the manly Bull guy -- like he just skinned a leopard before the match to make his gear. Probably I'm a bit TOO obsessed with their gear. Great image choices by the way. I love it when the hardest part is deciding what to leave out because it's all so good. A good problem to have for sure.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Maybe I left the gear for you to rave about, knowing you'd do such an awesome job on it? ;)

      Normally, animal print gear does earn a paragraph on its own, but there was a lot to cover here.

      Delete
  3. Aw, you know me so well. :) Johnny's being 5'6 even excites me. I'm not a reverse height snob, I just like variety. And the fact that all this is just from the first half of the match is pretty impressive!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well, I know that hunks like Johnny are your one weakness. ;j

      Delete
  4. Johnny Greco has become my new favorite jobber!! Love his 5'6 frame and those NIPPLES!! Besides this match and with Jesse Zane, is there other matches of Johnny Greco. I've seen other pics of him on Muscle Boy Wrestling Twitter page with I believe is 2 different colored wrestling trunks he's wearing.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. There are just the two released so far. MBW films multiple matches at a time so they likely do have more to come.

      Delete
    2. Nice to know!! I hope there will be lots more matches of Johnny Greco being totally dominated!!

      Delete