Friday, October 20, 2017

Review: #545 Austin Tyler vs. Max Ryder (UCW)

If you've visited the blog very often, you know that I ask for comments on virtually every post. I love all comments, but one of my favorite things is when you guys give me suggestions and recommendations. I mentioned in my last UCW review (here) that I hadn't watched much from them lately. My readers came through with a couple of suggestions and I bought both.

Wow, a friendly start for Austin vs. Max.

I will acknowledge that it didn't take much convincing to get me to try it. I figure readers know my tastes well enough by now to make a solid recommendation and both videos feature two guys that I really like. Max Ryder vs. Austin Tyler was the first one I watched and it was definitely a good one.

First, there's Austin Tyler, the guy who brought me back to UCW after months. He looked amazing in orange, but in this video, he makes a strong case for white trunks. Damn. Talented, brave and eager, Austin really has become one of the best young studs in the business right now.

I've been a fan of Max Ryder since his first video. Over time, he's only gotten better, both physically and with his skills. Max looks buff and sexy in his tiny speedo. And as a wrestler, he's more self-assured and confident. He's always been a sexy sufferer, but now he's also a competitive force on the mats, even against a stud like Austin.

Max has really come a long way.

I watched this after Labor Day, but
Austin still looks awesome in white. 

Who's the man? Austin always looks good on top.

Austin and Max start out pretty friendly for UCW, but of course it's still an aggressive mat match. Austin is more dominant and comes across as more skilled, but of course this is back-and-forth. Max uses a lot of ball grabs to even the playing field. It's intense and flirty, a great combination of light and hard that I really like from UCW. Both guys are sexy and shiny with sweat, exhausted by the end. I really love that.

I love this camel with Austin's legs spread wide.
You don't see that very often.

Austin's clever way to win a test of strength.

Uh, Max, that's not a handle.

There is one thing with UCW that's different than other places. Their matches are almost always one fall, in spite of usually being around 30-minutes long. I think it lessens the suspense a little, because no matter how good a hold or move, you know it's not going to be rewarded with a submission or pin. I'm a big fan of those finishing moments and multi-fall matches are more likely to be multi-viewing matches for me.

And so, I'd love to see some variety at UCW with some multi-fall matches where guys could give to a great hold and I could have that payoff moment of Austin or Max giving multiple times. UCW is often seen as a company where anything can happen and guys are very creative with punishment. This would prove both those perspectives.

Shiny happy people.

I love Austin's hand up, trying to stop the inevitable.
It doesn't work. SPLAT!

The guys give it their all.

In the end, this is a great UCW video. These guys work perfectly together as they sweat up the mat and test their mettle. I was a fan of both guys, but I'm an even bigger one now. I'm so pleased to see UCW getting back to this kind of video. I respect the desire to try new things out, but this kind of fun, sexy and hard-hitting match is what makes me enjoy them.

What are other bloggers saying?


So that's my take. What's yours?

Alex

No comments:

Post a Comment