Wednesday, March 14, 2018

Story Preview: 3/15 (Warning: Spoilers)

In my three year anniversary post, I opened the door for content suggestions. Helpful reader and frequent commenter Axel suggested previews of upcoming stories. It was too late to do March, but if teasers are interesting, it is something I'm willing to try.

Of course, there will be spoilers. Some guys like to know what's coming. Others don't. I can see both sides. I will have to at least show who's going to be wrestling and provide an intro to whet your appetites. For some of you, you might want to actually avoid these posts.

I'll do them in such a way as to leave the choice to you. How?
  1. Clearly titled: Story Preview: [ MONTH ] (Warning: SPOILERS)
  2. Keep spoilers below the cut. So if you visit the homepage, you won't see anything unless you actually click on the post.
  3. Non-spoiler first image: If you're like me, you see the first image in the preview. That could reveal at least one wrestler involved. Sounds like a spoiler.




In this case, I'm posting it the day before, but I'm thinking I'll do both stories for the month at once at the end of the month. I'll post the Cast post on the third last day (e.g., 3/29) then the Preview the second last day (e.g., 3/30).

Use the comments to let me know what you think. If I'm ruining the experience for you, let me know. If it excites you, let me know. Whatever your reaction, please let me know.

What's coming tomorrow?

Heroes: Tarzan and James 2

It's obviously a sequel, given the '2'. I posted the original Tarzan and James exactly two years ago. Similar to T&J 1, the images and writing are intended to have a more classic movie-novel vibe. The original story was a slow-burner, probably because it was different than my usual content. And it was different than most gay-oriented stories featuring Tarzan. However, it did end up finding an audience, becoming a top ten story in 2016.

Tarzan, James, William and Angelo

I wrote a more traditional Tarzan story in my most popular post ever, Tarzan and the Twins of Tibor. However, I just couldn't do another Tarzan fights-loses-captured type tale. Be it hunters or tribesmen, there's a formula for those stories. Don't get me wrong. I read and love, love, love those types of tales. I just personally couldn't figure out anything new to say on that front. Probably because the guys who create those stories do them so well.

In my T&J series, Tarzan’s classic love interest has been gender-swapped into James Porter. Even though he gets second billing in the title, the tale is actually James’. It is centered around his encounters with the muscular jungle man, not the reverse. This chapter is focused on James’ return to the jungle and the search for Tarzan/John Clayton. Our loinclothed hero should probably get third billing in this story as his cousin William enters the narrative in a big way.

Without further ado, here's a preview of Heroes: Tarzan and James 2


Chapter 1

"William? What can I do for you?"

William Clayton.

The thickly-muscled man easily pushes me back into my bedchamber, closing the door behind him and then locking it. As he stands before me shirtless in tall black leather boots and tight black pants, William Clayton looks me up and down. I suddenly feel like prey. The handsome aristocrat moves in close. I back up until I hit the large wooden four-poster bed. He reaches out quickly, seizing hold of the front of my pants.

William sneers, "I know what kind of man you are, James Porter. I have known the truth since the moment you appeared on the doorstep to Greystoke Manor with your wild tales of meeting my supposed cousin, the savage."

I gulp, afraid for the first time since I agreed to stay at Greystoke Manor until we embark on our expedition to Africa. William is a powerful man. At 24, he is only two years older than me, but he is more man than I will ever be. I do not mean that I am not a man. I am 5'10"/150-lbs and I am fit and strong, but William is a brutish 5'10"/210-lbs of muscle.

Me. James Porter.
I am no match for William.

Just by looking at him, I know that he is considerably stronger than me. And in the weeks I have spent working with his father Henry Clayton, the Lord Greystoke, I have learned of William's considerable prowess and accomplishments. Champion as both a wrestler and a pugilist at Oxford. Leader of the annual Greystoke hunt. Expert marksman. I am none of those things. In a fight, I stand no chance.





4 comments:

  1. Hmmm. My take is that , perhaps it's going to be a bit more intriguing the concept for the other series. Because there is an element of continuation with characters etc. so if you mention, Ryker it would be like "ohh who is he facing? Is it Cave or Claw?" Something like that.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for that. Yes, in this case, it's not part of a bigger narrative. I'll try to do it for April and see what happens.

      Delete
  2. I kind of agree with FSP. Might have more impact with characters we know, though it could also be because Im not a big fan of Tarzan so i can have a diffrent opinion. Though I hope that this wont be a time wasting idea for you!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No worries, it's not a time-waster. Even if it doesn't work, it is wroth trying.

      April has a lot of fan faves, so maybe it'll be more interesting.

      Delete