Friday, February 22, 2019

Review: Krush vs. Blaze (Krushco)

There’s a new Blaze in town and he's popping up at Krushco. Even though he’s also wearing gold trunks, he likely won’t be confused with the BGEast Blaze (reviewed against Mike Colombo here). No, this Blaze is his own man and one I was also attracted to as soon as I saw him. He proves his mettle by holding his own against Krush on the mats in this aggressive choke-driven submission battle.

No, not this Blaze ...

... it's a brand new Blaze from Krushco.


Blaze (KCO), as I’ve labeled him, even arrives with his own catchphrase: "You got Blazed!" Neat. It's also nice that he's handsome, confident muscleman that was chosen to face Krush by Krush’s own fans. The guys have good taste. He’s got a great body with meaty pecs, sculpted muscles and nicely packed gold trunks. Age is a relative concept, so let me say that I like that he looks like a guy who’s experienced and probably had a few matches in his time.

Blaze brings 6'/195-lbs of fresh muscle to Krush's lair.

The king of submission wrestling
might've met his match.

My actual all-time favorite Krush match is a roid-raging (that’s the storyline) Stan Torum squashing him (review here), but that was just fun as heck. In general, I prefer Krush in competitive matches and Krush vs. Blaze eventually fits the bill. It starts out feeling squashy, but Blaze delivers on the potential by being not only sexy, but also capable and determined. They fight evenly (it’s 3-3 in the end, the score super notwithstanding) and in the end, one guy looks amazing flexing as he schoolboy pins his unconscious opponent.

Blaze does look good stretched out.

That's right, open up, sexy.
Blaze gets put on display.

Action-wise, it is a knockout battle with a lot of chokes. The guys either go out or tap before going out. Krush starts out more dominant and it feels like he gives Blaze his first win to keep things interesting, but I'm willing to play along. In between the taps/knockouts, the muscular bodies strain and struggle around the mat, fighting to get into position for those all important chokes.

Interestingly, I think the ending of this one is inconclusive. The score super reads 3-2, but I'm sure it's really 3-3. It all leaves both guys able to claim bragging rights as the winner of the most falls (based on the super, not the real tie score) isn’t actually the guy who’s sitting pretty at the end. So I can’t say anyone won (other than the viewer), because it depends how you define winning.

In the end, it's all about the chokes ...

... and the chokes ...

... and the chokes.

In the end, this is what Krushco does best. I have no interest in Krush squashing other guys and only occasional interest in others squashing him. I only like that for the variety. Blaze could be a great new rival, so I hope they filmed a series of fights together. And with the ambiguous tie score, it’s set up perfectly for a series of intense battles. I wouldn't mind seeing Krush get Blazed over and over again.

What are other bloggers saying?


So that’s my take. What’s yours?

Alex

5 comments:

  1. Dang. This looks like a fun match. I dig the whole Krushco scenario apartment/hotel matches, and Krush does such a nice job crushing. But here Blaze looks awesome and capable. Hits all my buttons.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. So Tom wants to get Blazed, eh? Good call. Yeah, I think you’ve got the right take on it.

      Delete
    2. Well, generally I prefer giving to receiving, but with the right opponent it's all good. ;-)

      Delete
  2. Isn't this Ken from thunders ???

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have no idea who that is, so maybe? Actually, I’ll trust your eagle-eye and say, “Yes.”

      Is that a good thing or a bad thing?

      Delete