Sunday, July 21, 2019

Review: Dax Carter vs. Scrappy (Muscleboy Wrestling)

Full disclosure: This video was provided to me by Muscleboy Wrestling.

I've had Dax Carter vs. Scrappy for over a month. I started it two weeks ago after I returned from vacation. However, it's taken me a long time to get through it. Not because it's not good. In that case, I would've just stopped watching it. No, it's very good. It's just a lot. Allow me to explain.

There's so much here and it's all really good.

I know I talk about Scrappy a lot. Probably too much. There are other guys out there who get no coverage and I'm always posting on this one guy. I can't help it. To quote Madonna (I've been binging on the new Madonna channel on Sirius, so she's quite top of mind for me), "Please don't. Please don't. Don't ever tell me to stop." It's especially impossible for me to stop now since he's reached a whole new level at MBW. Just wow every single time I watch him.

In Scrappy vs. Joey McCoy (reviewed here), the superstar commented that his opponents keep getting smaller. Well, be careful what you complain about, because MBW sure fixed that in a hurry. Scrappy is going from gorilla-pressing a barely 135-lbs opponent to getting mauled by a gorilla-sized 240-lbs beast.

Dax Carter impresses here in so many ways, starting with his personality. I'm seriously now in love with the guy. He functions as a fan-insert, clearly having fun and enjoying every minute of being with the current top stud in gay wrestling today. The beefy hunk is charming, cute and fiery when he needs to be. He's the kind of guy you'd love to wrestle then have a beer with afterwards.

Dax is in no hurry to get Scrappy's hands off his pecs.

The big man looks orgasmic
experiencing Scrappy's power.

Who could resist motorboating those pecs? Not Dax.

Knowing there'd be no sex in a Scrappy video, I was surprised that this video is so long (48 minutes and it is all pretty much wrestling action), but after watching it, it makes sense. It's like a compilation unto itself. If you're like me, you'll identify stretches of action that you love and focus on those when you re-watch it. And that's a very real possibility, because it's really good.

I found that the mini-matches within this broader narrative feature dramatic shifts in tone, story and action.

There's a period where it's like a Thunders-style casual big-crushing-small battle. It's chill and friendly as Dax enjoys his utter dominance. He's jovial as Scrappy suffers and there's no sense of animosity, just amusement and arrogance. The action slows down and is more methodical. It's all about humiliating the helpless little guy, but in a fun way.

Later on, this is an intensely bitter revenge battle where the little muscle guy unleashes on the big man who's taunted and teased him. Scrappy digs deep to find untapped reserves as he pounds, pummels and actually overpowers beefy Dax. This is fast-paced (and more brief), but the intensity is really high.

There are also more competitive muscle battle periods. There are times when Dax is less chill and brings his intensity level up. And there are more erotic periods when Dax boldly lets us know how into Scrappy he is, while the smaller man begs and reminds Dax that this isn't that kind of match.

It's not all big man domination.

Dax brings some light-hearted play to this one.

Scrappy proves he can handle a big man, too.

Action-wise, there are a lot of the popular holds - crabs, backbreakers, scissors, etc. Stuff gets repeated in their various states of dress, like bearhugs and body punching. It's a very active video and some stuff just couldn't be captured well in still or GIF, but if you've ever watched a gay wrestling video, you likely get the idea of what's happening. It's all sweaty goodness with big power moves, long-held submission moves, knockouts and loving camerawork over gorgeous muscle and beef.

Dax likes humiliating Scrappy,
bringing something different to this reverse bearhug.

It wouldn't be MBW without brutal body work.

The action moves as both guys put on
one heckuva show.

In the end, this worked out really really well. It was daunting at first, but by taking it in shifts, I was able to enjoy it more. Dax is incredibly cute and charming. I love how playful he is in this one and how much he seems to enjoy wrestling Scrappy. Dax just looks like a guy having a good time. I know we'd all love it, so it's great to see our attitude reflected. And Scrappy is brilliant. On a personal note, I especially love his Xaq moment, which story readers will understand when they see it.

What are other bloggers saying?



So that's my take. What's yours?

Alex

No comments:

Post a Comment