Monday, May 4, 2020

Review: #703 El Fuego vs. Wolf Boy (UCW)

Conversations are weird these days because there's not really much new. At least in my life or the life of my family and friends. We're all dutifully staying sheltered and safe. However, there is some news in the blogosphere. Gym Dude has a new story on Mangler's blog (all you Gym Dude fans can thank me, since, by using transitive property, I am 100% responsible for this). And on Twitter in a reply to Ash DeLeon on 4/27, Bard teased a blog reboot (for which I am roughly 0% responsible).

So, some good news. And here's more good news, El Fuego is still a masked stud that I love watching in action.

All right, guys, let's get it on.


El Fuego vs. Wolf Boy is one of my favorite UCW guys these days. He's a unique combination with his sexy body, casual nice guy personality, and rough and tumble attitude. The masked muscleboy is super-watchable on top or bottom and a guy I find myself actually rooting for. Not that I'm rooting against Wolf Boy, who's sexy and skilled, too, and very UCW in looks and wrestling style.

There's always something a little extra in UCW.

El Fuego is a sexy hard body.

Two sexy studs.

I said I wanted to review more UCW, because I do enjoy them, but they have such a tight style that it's hard to say much more than "this match was very UCW." That's very true of this one, too. If you like UCW, you'll likely enjoy this video and if you don't, this won't change your mind. It's a chaotic, occasionally sloppy, always rough, back-and-forth brawl that covers the ring.

UCW's house style is on display.

El Fuego brings out some pro moves.

See, that's just mean.

Action-wise, this is a good blend of new and old UCW. The guys spend a lot of time down on the canvas mat wrestling, which reminds me of the garage days, but then they break for a little action in the ropes and a few pro-style moves like clotheslines. And of course, there's the most aggressive body punching and crotch work in underground wrestling, which is the signature of the UCW house-style.

Wolf Boy seems more comfortable on the mats, wrapping up the masked stud then pounding away on his body. El Fuego is the one climbing the ropes (literally), doing his best Spider-man. While his rope climbing generally backfires on him, he does make a hot superhero wannabe. And he does have the mask! I felt like El Fuego dominates more, but it's all pretty equal. It ends with a scissors knockout and pin as one guy claims bragging rights.

A little trash talk from our masked stud.

I love how Wolf Boy wraps up El Fuego.

The masked muscleboy shows some power,
refusing to let Wolf Boy escape.

In the end, I enjoyed this match when I watched it. I know I'm always way behind on UCW videos, but maybe you are, too. The guys work well together in the ring and seem to be having fun, which is important with this type of action. El Fuego is a delight and Wolf Boy is a stud. It's all very UCW (in a good way), so you likely know if you'll enjoy it or not.

A bonus of doing this review is that I found out that El Fuego wrestled a masked loinclothed little stud named "Cheetah Boy" and I missed it! Can't wait to check that one out (even though it's even older than this one).

What are other bloggers saying?


So, that's my take. What's yours?

Alex

2 comments:

  1. I've really been enjoying El Fuego's matches and I think my favourite detail about him is how loose he seems to keep his mask. It's constantly getting twisted out of place even when he's on top. The visual vulnerability of a messed up mask is already hot, but there's an added bit of cockiness to often it happens, especially when he readjusts after regaining control of a match.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That’s a great analysis that I probably buy saw subconsciously but never realized it. It does always seem ready to slip off (or be taken from him).

      Delete