Wednesday, May 13, 2020

Review: Bobby Bryce vs. Zach Reno (W4H)

Bobby Bryce vs. Zach Reno from Wrestler4Hire is a match I've actually been sitting on for a while. I had it ready to go then I got distracted and didn't remember about it until I saw Bobby Bryce vs. DJ Beckham on streaming. I thought about doing both together, but I'd already pulled like 13 GIFs from this one alone. Plus, they're very different matches, so it would've been a really long post.

Is young Bobby Bryce ready to be a wrestler for hire?

Bobby Bryce is a cutie. As a pale, smooth and fresh-faced ginger, he looks like a young, naive farm boy who's trying to break into wrestling in the big city. Bobby's put on his best speedo and matching boots, ready for his shot. He actually reminds me of a mini-Chris Denver, like his little brother (or more likely, his son at this point). It's not a look we often see and I like it.

Another thing we don't often get to see is Zach Reno in a competitive match. I like that even more. He's bearded in baggy blue trunks, playing more of the bad boy than usual. Zach sees a prime opportunity to get an easy win and he's going to go for it. My favorite Zach is caveman-Zach, but he always looks great. And he gets to show his match running skills and more arrogance than usual.

The kid keeps fighting but Zach's not losing
to some newbie who probably doesn't even shave.

Don't underestimate young Bobby.

Those trunks cannot stay down.

Of course, against Zach, the kid does look pretty big. I found Bobby to be fun. He turns beet red, sweats a ton and moans without overselling. He does have a tendency to look at the camera, like a lot, and he slips and calls the match a couple of times (literally saying "small package", "hip toss"), which only works when there's a screaming crowd to drown it out. It's a little distracting, but I got past it.

There's no story here and no real dialogue. Bobby's warming up. Zach comes in. They start wrestling (and sweating). It is back-and-forth, probably almost even, although I remember more of Zach on top because that's the way I preferred things (and the images I chose skew that way big time). There are no really long stretches of domination, mostly they're switching every few moves or couple of minutes. 

Dance, boy.

Like a house afire, Bobby shows his stuff.

A wedgie and atomic drop? Together?
Love. It.

Action-wise, it's classic pro stuff. It's fast-moving, with only a few long-held submission moves. The guys are both pro-trained (I assume, don't ask me pro names) based on the moves they do. Bobby leaps off the top turnbuckle a couple of times. They have a lot of counters and reversals. You can see the type of action here. There is a definitive winner via knockout and superfluous three-count.

Now that's how you whip a guy into the corner.

Kid, meet ringpost.

Bobby might be re-thinking this whole
wrestler for hire thing ...

In the end, I thought Bobby was a lot of fun and like seeing Zach get to stretch his wrestling wings in a pro match where he's the veteran with attitude (not quite heel, but leaning that way). The bearded hunk is convincing as the man of the ring, facing a less experienced kid.

So that's my take. What's yours?

Alex





3 comments:

  1. I agree with you that I really like Bobby Bryce's look. He gives off that vibe of a young, wholesome guy looking to prove himself, but to me he still feels like a man instead of a boy (it's probably his height), which I like. Speaking of his height, I also totally dig Bobby's body type. I'm a big fan of that long lean build. Nathan FX is another guy on the W4H roster whose body really does is for me. Even though there isn't a lot of talking, I really appreciate how vocal Bobby is too. His grunts and groans are so hot when he's being beaten, and he shows off a little bit of cocky attitude when he's the one in charge. Bottom line, I really hope we get more matches featuring Bobby Bryce. There are only two released right now, and I'd love to see more! (BTW, I totally love Zach Reno too, but I wanted to take this rare opportunity to show Bobby the love he deserves!)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for the comment. I'd definitely be open to more from Bobby. Hopefully there's more in the can.

      Delete
    2. Yes, fingers crossed for more Bobby. I forgot to say, thank you as well for your great review of this match! Your perspective often brings my attention to different angles I hadn't thought of before which helps me enjoy matches even more. Love what you do!

      Delete