Saturday, May 23, 2020

Review: Brendan Byers vs. Bull Barrett (MBW)

Full disclosure: This video was sent to me by Muscleboy Wrestling.

All of the quotes under the images come from Pat Benetar's "Sex as a Weapon" which is a pretty good title for this one. I admit that I got lost in Brendan Byers vs. Bull Barrett pretty fast. It might be the best thing I've watched all year, because it made me forget about everything but the video. I longed to be there and be part of it (alternating between wanting to be Brendan and Bull), the raw intensity is that strong.

You know you’re already my obsession,
Sex as a weapon.

Bull Barrett is managing to grab me by the balls and demand that I make him Favorite Rookie at this year's Caveys. And at this point, I'm whimpering, "Yes, Sir." Fuck. Based on Bull's penchant for swinging his humungous dick around on his Twitter (if you're not following him, you should be), I imagine he'll have a sex stakes match coming up, but this whole video is sex as far as I'm concerned and the trunks never come off!

Big Brendan Byers won two Caveys last year (one wrestler and one match). To face off against Bull, he's back in bright pink, perhaps a back to his jobber roots? Maybe he was having flashbacks to his classic match against Brooklyn Bodywrecker? No worries, though, Brendan's rough-and-ready heel persona is in full swing as he meets a true equal on the mats. The black and pink gear coordinate but don't tell the story.

With looks that kill and a mind that's twisted,
I don't know why I can't resist it?

You play with desire like it was a toy.

How much affection can you destroy?

This is a pretty primal story. Two big MEN facing off for top. They start out in lust and it only gets hotter. After Brendan inspects the flexing rookie, they start kissing. I wondered if this was going to be a kissy match, but no, Brendan roughly shoves Bull into the wall and it's on like Donkey Kong. I love that they're so into each other. But I especially love that it doesn't stop them from beating the hell out of each other.

Bull's first match was great but this is amazingly better. Brendan is the perfect opponent for him. Both MEN can take the abuse and come back to dominate. And Bull loves to dominate. His soundtrack is thrilling as he seduces Brendan. When he demands Brendan admit that he loves being dominated, I was cheering for the big MAN in pink to whimper "yes" like this was some kind of rom-com.

You really do know how to strut that stuff,
You really do know how to act tough.

I tell myself, look the other way.

When you want me to, I always stay.

Action-wise, it's incredibly erotic and hard-hitting. I will say that that is not about the specific moves for me. This match is an immersive experience. The MEN sweat a ton (and Bull loves that Brendan makes him work). They flex. They rub their bulges all over each other. They repeatedly kiss as a prelude to abuse. Bull had a great line when Brendan braces for punishment, "You thought I was going to hurt you?" They kiss then Bull unleashes pec punches with a sly, "Maybe just a little."

With the wrestling, there's an unspoken element of "anything you can do I can do better". Both guys use camels, head scissors, body punching, and low blows. With Bull, every hold is intense and made-to-last so he can keep the dominating talk going. Brendan breaks out his power with a body slam and rack. The match ends with a lengthy and impressive sleeper and both MEN still in their trunks.

Your body’s just like a centerfold.

A fantasy anyone would want to hold.

You wrap my heart around your little finger,
Sex, sex, sex, sex, sex, sex, sex as a weapon.

In the end, I absolutely loved this video. It was a beast, just like the two MEN battling on the mats. It's been a while since I've lost myself in an experience like this. I forgot all about remembering details or noticing moves or needing to write a review. I was totally immersed in the whole thing. Brendan's such a stud. And I desperately hope Bull sweats it up with every MBW big man.

So that's my take. What's yours?

Alex



6 comments:

  1. This match was intense and the chemistry was undeniable. One of my top favorite matches I’ve ever had.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That’s awesome to read. It certainly comes across on screen. Great job. You guys were simply amazing together.

      Delete
  2. I'm still blown away by how hot this match was. The extent of the suffering Brendan puts Bull through is palpable. It was incredible to watch the beast of a man whimper like putty in Brendan's hands, and even more so to then see him turn it around with even greater resolve.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for your perspective. I’m right there with you. So great.

      Delete
  3. I thought I recognized Bull. He also has an IG under oli.lifting. And for a while at least he had a profile on meetfighters (as does Brendan I think). Both these guys should be on anyone's bucket list.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That’s cool. He was new to me, but he definitely is a wrestling guy.

      As for bucket list guys, like I said, this match is so good that I wished I was there, alternating between wanting to be the guy wrestling Brendan then the guy wrestling Bull. They’re both perfect (and way out of my wrestling league).

      Delete