Sunday, June 7, 2020

Review: Scrappy vs. Kenny Star (Muscleboy Wrestling)

Full disclosure: This video was sent to me by Muscleboy Wrestling.

Is there anything in this world as reliable AND exciting as Scrappy? Sure, there are reliable cars, appliances and people, but reliable usually means boring. And there are obviously a ton of exciting things. But nothing I can think of is BOTH the way young Scrappy is. The guy just keeps on delivering hit after hit. He's like the Beatles of the gay wrestling scene.

Scrappy's got the power ...
to thrill me every single time.


I'm very excited to see Kenny Star make his way to MBW. I've crushed on his hard since he appeared in the UCW garage. And again getting his abs bashed by Ash DeLeon at BGEast. Now, he's bringing his talents to MBW. Handsome Kenny always seems like a chill guy you'd want to have a beer with. He's smiley, sexy and laid-back but still manages to bring heat to the mats (or ring).

Chill and laid-back are the last words I'd use for Scrappy. Well, maybe not the last words, but definitely not ones I think I've ever used. The guy is pure energy and intensity. He makes even simple moments are vibrant and crackling. And that's why he's the best. Here, he's the shorter but stronger of the two, with his powerful arms, meaty chest and broad shoulders.

The camera loves Scrappy.
Why should it be any different than the rest of us?

Scrappy shows Kenny what a real muscleboy can do.

Tighten those abs, Scrapster, or you'll regret it.

Scrappy vs. Kenny Star is hot. It's back-and-forth with long stretches of domination. The guys start in orange and yellow briefs then finish in blue and white jocks. The first butt is set free of its trunks about halfway through, followed by the other for a big bare-assed finish. I'm impressed with how these two work together. Maybe I shouldn't be but the differences in personalities made me wonder.

Don't flex on Kenny, sport.

Beautiful.

Kenny's mischievous side comes out.

Action-wise, this is pretty classically paced. By that, I mean there are a number of really long-held holds, like extended scissors, lifts, crabs, full nelsons and sleepers. The guys really milk (pun intended) the moments, giving the viewer some great shots of two hot bods. The sweat seems earned to the point, one of them seems quite tired near the end, something I love to see.

On that point, I'd love to see fatigue play more of a role in wrestling videos. Anyone who has wrestled knows that going for 30 minutes can be exhausting. And it often means the guy with the early lead doesn't end up on top in the end. When Nick Flex started, I noted that he'd dominate then often seem tired and his opponent would take advantage. I would love to see more like that.

Kenny might be taller but Scrappy is
one strong muscleboy.

Scrappy gets a taste of Kenny's rough side.

Thanks for a good time, boys.

In the end, this match was a good time. It delivers on the potential and it's nice to see both guys bring big energy to the mats. Scrappy usually elevates his opponents, but I think Kenny is pretty strong on his own. The rookie fits in right away and I think he'll do well in his latest home. The tension between them works and the action is well-paced to maximize the many "fan-service" submission holds.

What are other bloggers saying?



So that's my take. What's yours?

Alex

5 comments:

  1. Any video with Scrappy, by definition, has to be good. My dilemma is what role do I want to see him in: jobber boy or ultimate heel. He does both so well. And oh yeah does great job in competitive as well.

    So until I figure out his definite role, I guess I'll be forced to enjoy him in whatever. What a burden!!

    (Surprisingly, I lean toward him being a lying, cheating, ultimate heel. Usually I like my cut muscular dudes getting beat up. Damn scrappy for doing both so well!)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That is a dilemma. And a great topic, since he does everything so well.

      For me, I’d say I love him being squashed the least. And I love him most in a back-and-forth. I prefer long stretches of control so we can really see him both ways. And I always love him most in full Scrappy mode as an arrogant, supremely confident muscleboy. The closer he is to my Xaq character, the better.

      So my action order* would be ...

      (1A) Back-and-forth with long stretches of control both ways, lose in the end (he’s so perfect all sweaty and lying defeated)
      (1B) Back-and-forth, long stretches, win in the end (he’s looks so perfect arrogantly flexing over his opponent)
      (1C) Dominant heel (he’s so perfect when he’s destroying someone)
      (1D) Jobber (he’s so perfect being destroyed)

      *Order subject to change every five minutes.

      Delete
  2. TablettesdeChicolatJune 15, 2020 at 7:38 AM

    This is a tech Comment: the GIFs are jerky and hyperspeed, like the stereotypical silent film on uppers.

    I never saw that before.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sorry, don't know what to tell you. It's somewhat subjective, because a couple are fast because the guys are moving fast but none look especially jerky to me. I used my usual process to create and post them.

      Delete