Tuesday, February 6, 2018

Review: Cason vs. Blayne (Thunders Arena)

Blayne: One of my first matches back and I'm going to face a fucking loser. He doesn't even know what he's doing! Fuck!

One of the hallmarks of Thunders Arena is their uncanny ability to find the hottest new muscle guys. Their roster is always stunning. And just from the pics, Cason fits in right away. With early matches against Blayne, the retiring Marco, Scrappy and Steel, they're definitely giving him the best chance to succeed.

I bought Blayne and Scrappy right away and am reviewing both - Cason vs. Blayne today and Cason vs. Scrappy on Thursday. Let's see how the new stud does ...

Welcome to Thunders Arena, Cason.

Blayne is his usual hot jobber self. He starts out talking like a confident veteran, but that doesn't last. My favorite jobber AND favorite rookie of 2017 says he's 5'8"/165-lbs, but teases that he's planning a new regimen to muscle up to 185-lbs. Blayne, packing on the beef? Should be interesting if it happens. Maybe he won't be my favorite jobber if he uses that muscle to go on a winning streak. Or, maybe he'll just be even sexier when he loses.

I love Blayne, but Cason is new flavor here. He lists himself at 6'1"/235-lbs. Like the typical big, young muscle stud at Thunders, he's a proud boy. Cason brags, like leg squatting over 500-fucking-lbs, deadlifting over 500, curls at 185, and posing like a fucking god. And, he points out that he can't even legally drink yet. Yes, the guy loves himself. Will you? Yeah.

Those are some remarkably symmetrical abs.

Blayne's back and as bendy as ever.

Blayne loves Cason's pecs. Me too.

Things start out with each guy doing an intro. The flexing and talking takes two minutes then it's about 18 minutes of action. Things start fast with an immediate killer bearhug. With all due respect to Blayne, he's wrong about Cason. The guy is no loser and he definitely knows what he's doing. At least enough to manhandle Blayne.

Cason promises that he's "going to take this bitch by storm. You better watch out." I can believe it and I am watching. The young muscleman is strong, confident and smooth. I have to mention how he literally shines with sweat. It only makes his body look even better as it highlights the sculpted muscles and chiseled definition.

Cason's a quick learner, pulling off
a classic Thunders move.

Can Blayne proves he's right
about Cason being a loser?

Jazz hands!

Wrestling-wise, this is 95% Cason. The rookie executes a strong arsenal of classic Thunders Arena moves. There are some repetitive holds, like two over-the-knee backbreakers, but I think the rookie is spreading out the holds. Very few of these holds are in the match against Scrappy. Anyway, he's got the scissors, suspended chokes, etc.

There is a fantastic 'climb of shame' as I call it. It goes on for a while as a weakened Blayne struggles to pull himself up using the pumped, glowing mountain of young muscle. Cason's reaction is perfect, moving from amusement to arrogance as the helpless hunk slowly pulls himself to his feet. This is one of my favorite things in wrestling, but you hardly ever see it.

I so wanted to GIF it properly, but it takes over 30 seconds from start to finish. So I've done an accelerated version that condenses about 20 seconds of it into just under five. The real thing is way better, but I'm hoping it gives an idea.

Okay, I sped this up 4X in order to make it a GIF.
The real 30-second 'climb of shame' is beautiful.

Blayne's climb gives him (and us) a nice view.
And for his part, Cason enjoys Blayne climbing up him.

Young and cocky. Cason will fit in perfectly.

In the end, Cason makes a strong first impression. He's very Thunders and so is this video. Blayne brings his award-winning skills as a jobber to the mat, playing the role with his usual expertise. While neither wrestler nor the video itself breaks any new ground, it does deliver what Thunders fans expect: handsome young muscle squashing a hot stud.

So that's my take. What's yours?

Alex

11 comments:

  1. How does Thunders keep finding such incredible talent?!

    I'm a huge fan of "the climb of shame" (great name, by the way!), too, which is why I had both men do it in my Brody vs. Ram story. John Cena -- my favorite pro wrestler and one of the strongest guys in the business (he celebrated his 40th birthday by deadlifting over 600 lbs) -- is also an expert at the climb. It's so awesome to see powerful, muscular dudes humbled like that!

    Thanks for the review. Cason's matches are definitely on my Wish List!

    - JS

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You're welcome! Cason is definitely right out of their factory.

      Delete
  2. "Climb of Shame" is poetry. Both visually and as a description.

    And I'd pay good money for an afternoon working over Blayne. Or maybe teaming with him on a two on one vs Carson. Fun fun fun! Carson looks like quite an addition to the stable.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for the comment. Blayne might be available for a private match. Some guys are. Save your pennies. :)

      Delete
  3. This was a pretty great match and Carson is a great addition to the roster! He can wrestle, looks amazing, and always ends the match with his muscles glistening with sweat making them pop even more. I hope they push Carson and/or he ends up in other companies because he's someone I'd love to see more. I mean come on! Look at that Climb of Shame its too perfect!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well, Thunders has given him a great start. Hopefully, they can keep him around.

      At age 20, he might be hard to keep in one place. I'm thinking there's more to come. He's in his early beast-mode matches. At some point, the custom match guys are going to pay to have him job. As long as he needs cash, I figure he's got a good gig in the Arena.

      Delete
    2. On the money Miller with your assessment here!

      Delete
  4. Oh my, my, my! Great review. Cason is the new man and you've got to see him against Steel. Also, Marco knows how to really display Cason's body showing off his abs, pecs and quads even better than in the two matches you review. Great find by Thunders!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for the comment. I'm always interested in Steel, of course. After reading Joe's review, I got the feeling that Cason's match with Marco featured the Marco I don't like - refusing to sell, not playing into the premise of wrestling, disinterested, frustrating to me. I don't think I'll get it, even if Cason looks better in it.

      Delete
  5. I finally got around to seeing the match, and I thought it was awesome! Expect a blog about it in my post any day now.

    ReplyDelete