Tuesday, August 22, 2017

What's your custom match?

So I was asked a question by email the other day ...

Hello Alex: 
After your post on Jaxton Wheeler vs. Ricky Vega, and our comments back and forth, I had a question for you. 
If you were to commission a custom video, and cost was not an issue, who would be your 2 wrestlers (and of course, they don't have to be from the same company). 
I don't think you've ever done a post before detailing your own idea/thoughts on a custom video - though I have a sneaking suspicion there would be a ton of power moves involved and the action would be 65/35 instead of a squash.

Keep up the great blog work!

What a great question.

I'm sure this is something we've all thought about. I certainly have. I kind of addressed this with my Battle of the Wrestling Stars series, which allowed me to pit cross-company studs against one another. In fact, Kid Karisma vs. Marco was my first thought to the above question and the anchor to my BOTWS 2 series.

Still one of my top fantasy match-ups.

As I examine this, there's obviously no point in custom ordering a video you'd likely see anyway. I did theorize a Scrappy vs. Viking rematch in my original review, but it happened without me paying a cent.

If money is no object (Powerball is pretty big right now) and I'm "indecent-proposal-ing" this, I think there are three ways to go. With enough money, anything can happen ...

(1) Cross-company matches with guys who don't play in the same places and likely never will. I think my BOTWS Kid Karisma vs. Marco is a perfect example of this. Since I've done this, I won't recommend it again, but I'd totally do it.

(2) An outcome you will likely never see. It could be a master heel losing. With enough money, maybe it could be Guido Genatto nude or Alex Waters having his head shaved or some other unlikely humiliation.

(3) Paying for a guy to come out of retirement. You could pretty much bring back anyone for the right price, unless they retired for injury. The thing would be what shape are they in.

So what would I do?

(1) What company-crossing mischief would I make happen?

(a) Alex Waters vs. BGEast. Let's see Alex take on some of the smaller jobbers at BGE. I know that Alex's two best matches were actually losses, but I think he's better on top. Let's see him dominate the likes of Ty Alexander, Kirk Donahue and Kip Sorell.

Alex has owned RHW, time to try new competition.
(Image: Alex Waters vs. Zack Jonathan - RHW)

Ty always looks good going down to cocky heels
(Image: Ty Alexander vs. Tristan Baldwin - W4H)

I could enjoy Kirk being mocked by Alex.
(Image: Kirk Donahue vs. Zach Reno - BGEast)

There's only room for one hot stud when Alex is around.
(Image: Jonny Firestorm vs. Kip - jonnyfirestorm.com)

(b) Calvin Haynes (5'9"/200-lbs) vs. Colby Jansen (6'2"/250-lbs). Hairy. beefy. One dominant and one submissive. Calvin likes losing to leaner guys, but what about an XL version of himself? Money talks and I'd get these two together ASAP. Colby has wrestled at Naked Kombat and plays rugby, so I think he could step in the ring and dominate.

Calvin goes down for smaller studs.
Maybe I'd pay for him to go down for bigger.
(Image: Calvin Haynes vs. Jonny Firestorm - BGE)

Big, beefy, beautiful.
(Photographer: Anthony P Manieri

A younger Colby wrestled for Naked Kombat
(Image: Colby Jansen vs. Trent Diesel - NK)

(c) Dave Calbrese and Jeff Clark vs. ANYONE! I don't talk about the place where these guys normally wrestle, because they asked Jose at La Sustancia P not to cover them, but I have seen them in action. I would love to see these two guys be more available. Somehow I see them fitting best at BGEast or Wrestler4Hire, but I'd take them anywhere against pretty much anyone.

Dave is pretty damn cool (and hot).
(Image: Dave Calbrese vs. Kyle Braddock Final Tally - NRW)

I like Jeff's accessible, guy-next-door,
beer-drinking-buddy style of hotness.
(Image: Jeff Clark vs. Josh Devlin: The Favor - NRW)

(2) What outcome would I buy?

(a) Aryx Quinn vs. Justin Powers. Erotic full stakes match. They're both at Muscleboy Wrestling, so this might not be too unlikely, but I'd love to see these two together and doing more than wrestling.

You can't see it in pics, but one of my
first reactions to Justin was "young Aryx".
(Image: Justin Powers vs. Ethan Slade - MBW)

Of course the original Aryx remains a superstar stud.
(Image: Tristan Baldwin vs. Blayne - Thunders)

(b) Viking losing to Blayne then being forced to be his valet/assistant for a few more matches. This is more about the storyline than the guys, but these two come to mind. Obviously this is a thing of mine, but I'd love to see losing have lasting consequences beyond just the match, like Dallas/Big Sexy back in the day.

My plan would be to film a series with Viking fulfilling the silent muscle enforcer role for his "master", putting Blayne on an unlikely winning streak, all thanks to Viking's interference. You'd have Blayne d. Viking then minimum 3 matches (how big is Powerball again?) with Viking as enforcer then the final match would be the big man's brutal and devastating revenge and freedom. Blayne's Viking-assisted wins would include guys like Beast, Bart and Spike, who'd all make the mistake of antagonizing Viking for his servitude, bringing him into the action.

I picked Blayne because he literally never wins, which would make it extra humiliating. I don't know what machinations you'd have to use to give him the original win, but I'm sure it could be figured out.

One thought is that Viking would push Blayne around, treat him like the bitch of the Thunders house. Blayne would return with some water, which Viking would steal from him. Blayne would object, so Viking would chug it all down. Of course it's a setup with spiked water. Blayne would say he's tired of being mistreated and challenge the unknowingly drugged Viking to a slave-for-a-month match. During the match, Viking gets more and more tired, finally passing out. And that's just off the top of my head.

If Viking goes down, he has to be Blayne's boy.
(Image: Blayne vs. Viking - Thunders)

How much would 5 matches of this cost me?
(Base Image: Blayne vs. Viking - Thunders)

(3) Who would I bring back?

Without knowing exactly what kind of shape they're in, there are three guys I would pay to come back to wrestling. Wade Cutler. Mike Columbo. Dash Decker.

(a) Wade Cutler vs. a young arrogant heel. I would have him job, but not in a squash. Wade would win the first fall. The young heel would win the second fall. And sorry Wade, but in the final fall, the young heel would own your gorgeous ass. It would end in dominant and humiliating fashion with multiple submissions and a knockout of the returning hunk.

Wade would get a big payday to suffer once again,
if money was no object.
(Image: Wade Cutler vs. Steve Grafonis - BGEast)

Who would I give this honor to? Great question. Back in the day, it would've been Jaxx O'Doul or Beau Nasty, but I don't know who the right guy is now. Chase Addams is the closest I can think of to being right at BGEast.

Why am I blanking on today's hot young BGE heels?
(Images: BGEast Arena)

A Willbreaker for Wade? Christian Taylor's actually
listed as 10-lbs heavier than Wade Cutler was
(Image: Chase/Ty vs. Chris/Charlie - BGEast)

(b) Wade Cutler vs. Beauxregard. Mature muscle vs. BIGGER mature muscle. Again, back-and-forth. I might actually have Wade win, but either way, I want to see some power moves and hard-hitting stuff. Wade could knock out then strip big Beauxregard, just like used to happen to him.

Beaux's already faced one of the best butts in BGE
today. Why not one of the best of the past?
(Image: Beauxregard vs. Ty Alexander - BGEast)

There's never too much of Wade's butt.
(Image: Wade Cutler vs. Steve Grafonis - BGEast)

(c) Mike Columbo vs. anyone. I loved this guy. Again, no idea how old he is, how fit he is or how hot he is, but I'd love to see him back. So adorable. He's a little muscle guy, but I think he could hang with someone bigger. I see this as back-and-forth. Mike could win or lose, depending on who he'd face. Calvin Haynes strikes me as a good opponent, so I guess Mike would win.

Last time I saw Mike, he was leaner,
but still gorgeous as fuck.
(Image: BGEast Arena)

(d) Dash Decker vs. Thunders Arena. If he's going to come back, let him run the gamut of hot studs. Scrappy. Beast. Blayne. Viking. More if possible. My love of Dash is no secret, nor is my enjoyment of him as the victim. I see him squashing Blayne, winning a competitive match with Scrappy, losing a competitive match to Beast, and getting crushed by Viking.

How would Dash deal with not being the big man?
(Image: Dash Decker vs. Colt Stevens - RHW)

I think Dash against Scrappy would be pretty cool.
(Image: Scrappy vs. Jake - Thunders)

So that's what I would do. I could go on and on, but this seems like a good start.

What about you? What would YOU commission?

Alex








14 comments:

  1. Ooo Nice post and Question. Im a sucker for continuing story lines too!

    For my idea I was actually thinking of this on a drive home stuck in traffic haha and it was similar to your Blayne Vs Viking idea. I would bring back my favorite wrestler of all time Alexi Adamov and have him face off against one of the smaller cocky twinks like Ty Alexander or Drake Marcos. He would completly squash the twink and humiliate him saying how its his first match back and this is what hes put up against. It leads into another match where the twink wants a rematch but this time no rules and slave stakes on the line were Alexi confidently agrees knowing even though Drake/Ty has their tricks he could easily overcome them. The match starts and Alexi finds himself in trouble when he finds out the twink brought a friend(either the other twink or a hired muscled heel to overpower Alexi) and the match ends with Adamov being taunted and humiliated slowly tourturing the hot wrestler with them continuing to pin him only to break it at 2 count and weakining him to the point where even Ty could win any test of strength with him. It would end with Alexi becoming the twinks slave(nude slave of course!) Were hes forced to carry the twink around, oil him up and referee or interfere with his matches.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Wow, great idea. I love Alexi and Ty. They're both great at jobbing and heeling, so they could definitely pull this one off. Thanks!

      Delete
  2. My dream match would be either Skip Vance vs. Ferdi of Untamed Creations in a battle of blonde twinks or Mark Lander vs. Joe of FightPlace in a scissors submission match.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for sharing. It's not often I can say this, but I have no idea who three of those guys are. I will check them out, though.

      Delete
  3. I love the idea of Kid K vs Marco! Much as I love BGE, I really wish he would spread out to more sites instead of staying exclusive to them.

    The wrestler I would bring back? Tarzan Tyler Reese from BGE, aka Bryce from TA. I loved that wiry, but muscular guy stomping around in his loin cloth, but he only wore the loincloth for 3 matches out of 7 and bulked up for his last 3 matches. I'd match him up against the biggest, meanest heel I could think of. Complete squash match! I'd make my Tarzan fantasies come true.

    I could write down plenty of ideas for custom matches, but that's #1.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes! I love Tarzan and enjoyed TTR, especially against Cole Cassidy who has an evil hunter vibe. I always think I would've loved more of TTR filmed outside.

      Delete
    2. Yeah, other guys have tried wearing Tarzan style clothing occasionally, but he actually played the role, which made it a lot more fun for me. Plus, that loincloth showing off his nice ass all the time.

      His match against Cole Cassidy is definitely my favorite TTR match. He does very well against Cole at first, but lets his guard down when he thinks its over and leaves himself wide open for the pain.

      I also enjoyed that 5 way match he had (no loincloth though). He ends up being the first person eliminated and the other 4 guys decide to punish him briefly before moving back to the match.

      Delete
  4. Randy Wilkins is one of those one and done wrestlers for BG East who I pine for a return. He is no doubt one of the most gorgeous wrestlers I've ever seen from the company. If I have the money, my custom matches would have him come back for a BG East Spotlight Tape. He's hotter than ever, older but unfortunately not any wiser as he agrees to take on BGE's finest.

    First, his muscles, well, his pecs mostly, suffer the nastiest pec bashing we've seen yet in any BG East releases, at the hand of Jaguar. He might have had a fighting chance at first, but once Jaguar smartly focused on his pecs, stick a fork in him (try his pecs), Randy's done.

    Then, Randy (with his red pecs) faces a returning Cole Cassidy. This one sided bashing is a feast for the eye. Cole knows how to handle his hunky opponent's muscles and he goes on to show us how. Randy mounts little to no offence throughout. He begs and begs while Cole demolishes the hunk, before ending it all with his infamous heart punch. Randy's knocked out as the video fades out.

    At the start of match 3, we fade in to an unconscious Randy, in his jocks only, arms and legs spread in the middle of the ring. That's not all, he's bounded by white ropes shaped like a spider web spreading across the entire ring. The black spider (original wrestler or new wrestler taking the mantle, who knows) slowly descends from the ceiling and drops onto his prey. It's time to feast. If you think the previous 2 beatings were bad, oh boy, wait till you see this one...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Very cool! This is great stuff. Sounds like awesome stuff.

      I will say for anyone looking to see who Randy Wilkins is, he's not listed in the Wrestler Profiles, but his match is listed. He appears in Hunkbash 3. I actually own this one. When I just looked at it, it reminded me of Chris Denver, who faced Psycho Capone. I remember thinking Chris was so freaking hot. I need to go back and look at it.

      Delete
  5. Randy Wilkins reminds me of a beefier Chris Denver. Coincidentally, they both appear in Hunkbash 3.

    What if in the forth and final match of the imaginary spotlight video, Randy enlists a returning Chris Denver's help in a tag team mayhem. And their opponent? The newly formed tag of Brute Baynard & Morgan Cruise. They each claim their boys in the beginning. Morgan slowly and methodically worn down the big Randy, molesting his thick muscles, while Brute slammed the crap out of Chris. They switched it up, and opps, Brute "accidentally" knocked Randy out cold with consecutive suplexes that nearly destroyed the ring. But surely you don't think the heels wannabe were gonna let their fun end prematurely. They instruct Chris to wake his partner up, directing him to inflict even more pain on his partner. And Randy thought he had a chance. Chris showed a side of him we never thought possible from his previous efforts. He stripped Randy bare naked and continued the assault. Each men applied their own finisher on poor Randy to end the tag team mayhem.

    The future is once again bright for the vintage BGE star Chris as he heads out the the newly minted tag team terror of Morgan and Brute as they go for a beer. Morgan carries the spotlight star over his shoulder using his family jewel as a handle, much like Brooklyn Bodywrecker did to Mr. Goodman. He tells the his two new buddies to start drinking as he'll join them later, as he carries Randy to the workout room to finish some unfinished business as camera fades to black.

    If only I can make all this happen...

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh, man! Guido getting squashed and stripped would be worth big bucks. Damn. Gotta say, though, I really like the idea of Calvin vs Colby. Both are wrestlers I'd love to meet, and barring that being ringside seeing the two of them go at it? Beautiful. I've chatted with Calvin, and he seems a sweetheart, too.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh that’s so cool that you’ve chatted with Calvin. I’m glad he’s cool.

      Delete
  7. Is there any chance you know David Calbrese's real name or if he has social media?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sorry, I don't know anything more about him. I think he did indie pro wrestling, but I don't even know that ID, if he did.

      Delete