Thursday, August 24, 2017

PSA: Jake Jenkins for $13.95 Until 9/5 (RHW)

Guys,

The Bruce Ballard sale back in March must have worked okay, because Rock Hard Wrestling is doing it again. This time, it's Jake Jenkins and it runs through 9/5.


Wake up Jake! You're on sale!
Jake vs. Ethan Andrews

I own 12 of Jake's 16 matches. The four I don't own are the tag matches. Maybe I'll rectify that with this sale. Since Jake looks pretty much done with wrestling, we all better stock up now. The only new material is likely to be whatever remains in BGEast's vault, if anything.

When Jake debuted as a mop-headed cutie, he set the world on fire. Not just for his adorableness and tight body, but for who he was. The guy sold pain amazingly well and was able to be cocky and dominant with the best of heels. While BGEast used Jake pretty much as a jobber, RHW used him in a much more versatile way. Jake won matches, dominated his fellow rookies and was always competitive.

I think Jake always performed really well. I enjoyed every one of these, but his best matches are against other future stars. Maybe that's just a bias, but that's how I see it now. Check out my reviews for the ones I've done and you'll see that they're all winners.

Now, I did grab all images of him suffering, but that's the beauty of classic RHW. There's back-and-forth in all of these, whether Jake ultimately wins or loses.

Jake vs. Cliff Johnson

Jake vs. Gunner Bayani
(my review)
Jake vs. Eli Black
(my review)

Jake vs. Ethan Andrews

Jake vs. Nick Collins

Jake vs. Zack Jonathan

Jake vs. Austin Cooper
(my review)

At one point, Jake transitioned to clean-cut, professional looking Jake. The mop went away and he was a little softer, but still gorgeous.

This group includes two highlights for me. It has my favorite Jake ending ever, which came against Alex Waters (my review). The suffering is so amazing that I've watched this multiple times. The other highlight was the fact that his match against Josh Steel was the very first King of the Ring.

Jake vs. Matt Engel

Jake vs. Alex Waters vs. Josh Steel

Jake vs. Alex Waters
(my review)

Jake vs. Josh Steel (KOTR 1)

Enjoy the images and make sure to load up on Jake!

Alex

4 comments:

  1. RHW is done right? They haven't had a new match for a good few months, just endless encores.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's certainly not looking good. When you have to put Tanner Hill in a KOTR match, it doesn't scream "success". Not to be a shill for RHW, but that's why folks should make sure they have what they want now. Websites cost money to maintain ...

      Delete
  2. Hey Alex,
    if you had to recommend one or two Jake singles matches, which would you chose? Or is it too difficult to narrow down?
    Thanks
    Ray

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ray, it is tough, but I'd go by how much you like his opponent.

      Austin Cooper and Alex Waters are both good videos for me. If you're a fan of Ethan or Z-Man, you'd likely like those, but I like Austin and Alex better.

      If you want to go off the beaten path, check out my reviews for Lucas Payne, a big teen bodybuilder, and Gunner Bayani, a lean indie pro guy. I liked them both and you'll get a flavor for what they're like.

      Hope that helps!

      Delete