Thursday, April 26, 2018

Review: Krush vs. Cameron (Krushco)

I don't consider myself a voyeur. I'm probably too self-absorbed for that. I don't like hidden camera videos or reality TV. I don't want to know the intimate details of people's lives. If you want someone to ask you for details about your new baby, car or hair style, you will be disappointed. I remove myself from workplace drama and am the last to know any rumor.

Krush vs. Cameron is just about the most voyeuristic video I've watched in a long time and yet I ended up enjoying Krushco's latest. From the action to the guys to the videography, it feels like hidden camera footage from a random hotel room where two guys are hooking up. Like, if Krush wasn't selling it, you'd send him a note warning him that some jerk's released a private match video.

Teacher Krush teaches willing
student Cameron a lesson.

Why was this video so hot to watch? Authenticity. Intimacy. Cameron.

In the comments of my review of Eagle vs. Scrappy (here), Tom Ironranger wisely pointed out the relatability of motel matches. I think that’s true here. It's very authentic and very intimate feeling to me. This is a common scenario and environment for wrestling, especially when an older, more experienced brute faces a willing victim who wants to expand his horizons.

Which leads me to Cameron, a smoking hot furry cub. Man, he's adorable. Cute and cuddly, he's just a perfect little jobber in his silver satin trunks. He's the kind of guy that anyone with any kind of heel inclinations should want to meet up with. And of course, he's met up with a man with more than an inclination of being a heel. Both guys know their roles in advance, but they're not playing. There is no scenario where Cameron doesn't end up being owned by Krush.

Cameron's outmatched from start to finish,
but he's pretty happy about it.

Krush crushes little Cameron.

Sometimes being on top is still
being on the bottom.

Cameron likes it rough.

The second part of the video is Krush knocking out Cameron using various sleepers. The sexy cub gets into position, giving up control of his furry body. Once they're ready, the younger stud allows himself to be put out multiple times. A real knockout is something I'd NEVER allow an opponent to do, but it's actually hot to watch happen here, thanks to the context thats set up in the first half of the video.

Cameron’s last words (of the video) are “that was awesome” as he smiles enthusiastically. You get the feeling that this was the best wrestling experience he’s ever had in his life. Yes, it's intense, but it's all consensual. So I have the permission to enjoy this video, too.

The video does jump around, but it's fine and fits the atmosphere. I think Krush is doing something new with filming, but it isn't an improvement. His video with Sergei Slamenko was hard to watch due to all the skipping. I forgot to post about that one. Here, it happens, but it doesn't negatively impact the experience as much, maybe because the action is much slower. You'll get a sense of what I mean in the GIF's below. Notice the shifting?

Conscious ... conscious ... unconscious.

Conscious ... conscious ... unconscious.

A happy customer ... "That was awesome."

In the end, I'll simply echo Cameron. That was awesome.

What are other bloggers saying?


So that's my take. What's yours?

Alex

6 comments:

  1. I'm a reference - cool!! Agree about the choking out. Its only happened to me once, unexpectedly, and it freaked me out. It freaked out my opponent, too. I was too stubborn to tap; they were taken by surprise. Like being racked, a choke is really a matter of trust on both parties, and both parties have to be knowledgable.

    Okay. Preaching over. As for seeing it done? Repeatedly? To a cute noobie cub? By a master like Krush? Very, very hot. Very. Krush is one opponent who knows what he's about. This match really hits all the very relatable buttons.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You're a great reference! :)

      Wow, that would've freaked me out, too. Of course, I would never be that stubborn. Interestingly, I've been racked twice and it didn't faze me at all. I kind of liked being up there. LOL. Both guys were strong enough that I never felt worried at all.

      Delete
  2. Alex, loved your review and I totally agree this was very below the belt. I like Krush's wrestling style. But, i somehow feel his matches are always predictable and one-sided. This one is no exception. He always tries to be the Heel and wins every match. He also needs to lose sometimes :) He needs to understand losing matches is also normal. Just saying...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for the comment. I hear you on Krush. Variety keeps things fresh. I think he really is a rough and tough heel-type, which is why his videos go that way. And probably most of his fans like seeing him manhandle hot guys more than the reverse.

      I'm no expert on his catalogue, only buying sporadically based on his opponent, but if you don't already have it, check out my review of his match vs. Stan Torum - the roid rage one. I loved it. Use Stan's tag below. It's a refreshing change of pace. Still one-sided, but the other way.

      Delete
    2. Good points. I think being the dominant heel is Krush's shtick, and his fans like that. But that's what makes matches like his vs Stan Torum so hot. (Is Stan still wrestling anywhere? He needs to be.) Seeing the badass heel take a beatdown. However, it also often lacks suspense. This one vs Cameron works for what it is, a noob getting a little more underground wrestling experience from a veteran, but a Krush match where we're really left in suspense would be fun, too.

      Delete
    3. Tom, that's a great point. Stan's Revenge was one of the best seller. That is because fans also loved Krush take a total beating. Hope Krush is listening :)

      Delete