Sunday, April 29, 2018

Story Preview: May 2018 (Warning: Spoilers)

Preview time! Don't click if you don't want to be spoiled. Nothing gets redacted in this post. YOU'VE BEEN WARNED!



Okay, you want to know what's coming. I get it. Especially when April featured two "To be continued ..." endings and one [REDACTED] opponent. Well, it's time for the big reveal. Probably not a huge surprise, based on the storyline, but I'm not trying to trick you, just entertain you.

May 1: The Cave Undercard 22: Moneymaker vs. Red Marvel

It's Red Marvel with White Marvel versus
Moneymaker with Valet and Gold Guardian.

Buck's on a mission to help his buddy Brody repair his broken relationships with Cody, Ryan and Javi. He's close with Cody and on the right path with Ryan, but how can he win over an intense hairy hunk who feels like he's lost control of his dream? Maybe by making Javi's main nemesis suffer. Interesting idea, but one problem. The nemesis in question is a tough bodybuilder with a chip on his shoulder and two henchmen at his side.

The Locker Room

“Fuck no.”

“Okay.”

“Okay?”

“Okay.”

Miguel asks suspiciously, “You're not gonna try to change my mind?”

I shrug. “No. Why would I?”

The freshly showered bodybuilder heel goes quiet, but the silence almost echoes in the locker room. His eyes narrow as he tries to figure out my game. Unfortunately for him, he can’t because I'm not playing one. I honestly don't care if he accepts this match or not. I promised that I'd try to set up a match with Miguel for someone and I've done that.

I see his jaw tense as his pumped post-workout muscles flex involuntarily. I fold my arms across my chest and wait. I have time. I get why he's suspicious. I have a well-deserved reputation for getting guys to do what I want. So, my passiveness is confusing him. And it's actually making him more likely to accept this match he doesn't really want.

My name is Cody. I'm co-owner of The Cave with my best friend Ryan. It's a superhero-themed, gay-oriented wrestling video company. The muscle stud I'm talking to is known as Moneymaker at The Cave. He's one of our most popular stars, but he's having some trouble lately. In spite of a great record in the ring, the handsome heel isn't getting the respect he feels he deserves from fans or other wrestlers. Some folks are even laughing at him after a couple of amusing (i.e., humiliating) moments. With an ego as big as his, it's tough for him to take.

It's his own fault. After viciously humiliating Javi aka Night, his tag partner of six years, the 6’1”/220-lbs Moneymaker has taken the easy route to success in singles, facing smaller guys and jobbers. Plus, he's frequently used the outside help of his twinky henchman Valet to get those wins. It doesn't exactly make the best wrestlers think he's on our level. He's only faced one tough opponent, me in my alter ego as The Bat, and I easily won.

The offer on the table is for Moneymaker to face Buck, a rookie who's older and bigger than he is. The mystery has the heel hesitating. He's nervous about a trap, but he can't quite figure it out. And so, I wait. Of course, I don't care if he's respected. I care if he sells. And he does.

Miguel says, “Tell me more about him.”

May 15: BIGBeast: The New Guy 5

Steve gets between frenemies Jack Jacobs and
Cooper Boston with Cameraboy and Jimmy close by.

We move across the country to Massachusetts to check in on Steve, the latest rookie at BIGBeast. It's the granddaddy of the underground wrestling scene, so the competition is tough. It's even tougher for Steve, who has been the personal plaything for temporary boss Jimmy Wildfire. The superstar heel has loved setting Steve up against the biggest and the baddest. It's the start of his second day, so will things go differently for Steve or will his next match be more of the same punishing humiliation?

"Uh oh. Time for my first match already? Who's up today? Godzilla followed by King Kong?"

Jimmy Wildfire doesn't look impressed with Steve's sarcasm. Jimmy replies, "Funny guy. Keep that sense of humor, jobber. Just two matches and some clean-up today then you're free. Until then, don't forget who's boss. Wear this." He tosses Steve white trunks, plus white elbow and knee pads. "Ring. 9am sharp. Just those, nothing else. And I mean nothing."

Steve nods, "Got it." He stretches his tanned muscular body out on the air mattress then rises with the thin white sheet hanging from his waist. He looks at the gear then asks jokingly, "Want me to wet the trunks down? Give the fans a thrill?"

My boss for this weekend smirks at the blond muscleman, "The way you sweat? It's gonna happen naturally, so why fake it? Now, I got other matches to get going. We done?"

Jimmy walks off without actually waiting for an answer. Steve wanders off to the bathroom. I head up to get my camera aligned for the room and wrestlers. As I prep the ring area, I think about Steve's action. All four of his matches have been squashes and all four have been great. I hope I'm capturing the drama. From what Jimmy says, I am, but I've got to stay focused. I get everything set then head down to check on the wrestlers. I'm really excited about this next match, because it features Steve plus TWO of the best.

I check on the stars first, getting the levels set on the camera, testing it on their skin tones and gear. Both these guys have great bodies, so I want to make sure I'm doing them justice. With one in blue and the other in red, they look amazing. And against Steve in white? It'll be great. As veterans of multiple different federations, they know what they're doing, so it's more about them telling me stuff then me telling them anything.

When I finish up, I head to find Steve. For the first time, I know more about his match than he does. It sounds amazing and I'm tempted to tell him. Jimmy made it really clear that he wants me to capture Steve's authentic reaction when he walks in the ring room and that surprise can't be faked. I have to obey the boss. 
I just tell myself not to speak at all. It'll be safer for me.

So that's what's coming up this month. Enjoy!

Alex

8 comments:

  1. You've got me sold. Anything with Moneymaker and his henchmen is a winner in my book.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Glad to hear it. They'll all be very busy in this one. :)

      Delete
  2. Wow! Can't wait to see the Moneymaker and his henchmen in action!

    Love love love to see Steve back in action too! What trouble is he getting himself into this time!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for the comment.

      Steve's getting to face an amazing roster, but it sure hasn't been easy. Maybe this time will be different. ;)

      Delete
  3. Damn that first image though! It's like an elbow to the head followed by a double axle combined with a knee to the gut finishing with a splash and a pin. Hot Hot Hot! Miss MoneyMaker! Thank Miller he is back!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh yeah, that's a hot selection of dudes. And Moneymaker's definitely back in a big way. :)

      Delete
  4. "In spite of a great record in the ring, the handsome heel isn't getting the respect he feels he deserves from fans or other wrestlers. Some folks are even laughing at him after a couple of amusing (i.e., humiliating) moments."

    "It doesn't exactly make the best wrestlers think he's on our level."

    My thoughts exactly. I'm interested to see if MM can change that current impression that i have of him! I'll be crossing my fingers for it! And damn! I don't think a picture had me so hyped up for a match before as much as that one does!

    And that has to be my favorite Jake Jenkins wrestling attire he ever wore. Count me in for being excited for that story too.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for the comment. Well, just 24 hours and you'll find out on Moneymaker. And that picture is a hot collection of men, isn't it? All those pics appear in full in the story, so enjoy them.

      Delete