Tuesday, March 24, 2020

Review: Alexander Greystoke vs. Danny Del Toro (W4H)

Del Toro: "Are you here to wrestle or are you here to go swinging through some trees?"
Greystoke: "Man, I'm gonna be climbing through your jungle real quick."
Del Toro: "I got a tree you can climb on."
Greystoke: "Bring it out."
Del Toro: "Bring it out? For what? You wouldn't know what to do with it."

I'm pretty predictable and I'm okay with that. If you put a wrestler in a loincloth, I'm interested. Here, Wrestler4Hire introduces us to a long-haired (yay), tattooed (meh), hard-bodied (yay), hairy (yay) Tarzan facing an even more tattooed opponent, a street punk heel type. Naturally, as soon as I saw it in the member videos for streaming, I was checking it out.

Greystoke is basically a doormat.


Alexander Greystoke dons the skimpy loincloth Blake Starr rocked over in Hero Hunks (I reviewed that here). This jungle man is like the Jersey Shore version. I admit that I have never actually watched a single episode of Jersey Shore but he's got what I think of as a northeast blue collar tough guy vibe. Like the type of guy who says things like "what're you gonna do about it?" So, not really Tarzan but what're you gonna do about it? He's hot in a loincloth.

Danny Del Toro is another new-to-me wrestler. He's been in a few Wrestler4Hire videos but if they've been streamed, I missed them. He's listed as a pro wrestler and his skills seem to bear that out. Danny is another tough guy with the same type of accent and street-wise arrogance as Greystoke. He's smaller than our jungle man but I was pretty sure how this would go.

Danny simply owns this jungle man.

Yeah, dig those knuckles into those abs.

Greystoke gets to ride on a vine.

I do like the idea of a muscular jungle man facing a ruthless vicious street punk. In this case, since Tarzan was clearly raised in the urban jungle, Danny is the kind of native he'd run into. They mouth off at the start with some clear innuendo and taunts. It turns out that Del Toro was right. Greystoke wouldn't know what to do with his tree as this is a pretty definitive 20-minute squash.

I couldn't decide which body slam I liked more:
(1) slam with a knee drop chaser; or

(2) slam with mocking chest beating.
So I posted both.

That's one stretchy loincloth.

Action-wise, Del Toro takes control immediately and never gives it up. Tarzan has a couple of moments where he tries to fight back but it doesn't last or go anywhere. The dominant dude delights in destroying the jungle man and I delighted in watching it. Danny relentlessly mocks the hairy hunk and especially loves planting his boot on the aching jungle man's abs while trash talking him.

I easily created 12 GIFs and pulled 11 images, so there's a lot going on here. I winnowed it down to 10, per usual and it was a tough choice. There are a few big moves - body slams and suplexes - and a few submission holds. Most of the action is a brutalizing beatdown and there are a number of low blows and wedgies. It all wraps up with the long-haired loser bound to the ropes.

This is about the most swinging this
Tarzan will be doing from now on. 

Danny likes his plaything.

A fitting end for a pathetic jungle boy.

In the end, I really enjoyed seeing this jungle man get torn apart. Danny is a vicious heel who is ruthless and relentless. Greystoke's muscles are just for show, but that's just fine by me.

So that's my take. What's yours?

Alex

No comments:

Post a Comment